BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
The window dropping an inch isn't the entry aid it's got something to do with the door seals for door opening. That isn't the feature the guy meant.

The window dropping half way is to make it easier to get into the car in tight spaces as the window can obstruct entry when it's fully closed. It is, as I said, a standard feature on BMWs without door pillars. Sometimes it's not enabled, but it's there and accessible if coded.

Ahh ok thanks, will see if mine does it.

Man of Honour
This is why I find this a strange "feature". If, like most BMWs since the late 90s, you press and hold the unlock button, all the windows go down anyway (and the roof in some cases) surely that's the better feature :D

Why would you want every window lowered just to aid getting into the driver's seat?

Man of Honour
Can you get any BMW convertibles with 4 doors? Surely 'every window' is just the driver and passenger window, not a big deal.

And the roof on some models, plus most have 4 opening windows not two.

It's just unnecessary when there is another function available to drop the driver's window half way to facilitate access.

Soldato
No, because if you double/triple tap for the access function it lowers the windows half way and then when you close the door auto shuts them again, so no second press required to close them. It will only do this on the door that you are opening. Consider the alternative, opening all windows and then needing to press to close them again - in the rain this is not desirable.

mrkambo, what did you use to program the actions? I didn't know the battery wasn't replaceable, I understand it recharges when in the car, so could it be low on charge if you rotate between 3 keys?

Associate
No, because if you double/triple tap for the access function it lowers the windows half way and then when you close the door auto shuts them again, so no second press required to close them. It will only do this on the door that you are opening. Consider the alternative, opening all windows and then needing to press to close them again - in the rain this is not desirable.

mrkambo, what did you use to program the actions? I didn't know the battery wasn't replaceable, I understand it recharges when in the car, so could it be low on charge if you rotate between 3 keys?

I used BMW PA Soft, in a word its a waste, you're better off learning NCS Expert, but because PA Soft is tick box exercise its popular and almost idiot proof, if you want, i can post you out the cable and you can have a play with it.

Man of Honour
If it's a coupe or vert, it's only going to be the front two windows no? Does this just do the drivers window? What if the passenger door is against a tight spot?

The hold-the-unlock button option lowers the front and rear windows on both sides if its a convertible.

The access-aid option lowers the drivers window 50% and then automatically raises it again once you are in the car.

I have no idea why you seem so against this quite simple feature :p

Soldato
If it's a coupe or vert, it's only going to be the front two windows no? Does this just do the drivers window? What if the passenger door is against a tight spot?

As already mentioned it does either driver or passenger window - it activates on the first door you open after doing the clicks on the fob. It's a great feature, honestly I use it often.

Caporegime
Had some good eveningblasys lately in the M3 and I’m Loving the EDC in sport mode. I’ve Kept away from it as people said it’s pountless on the road. However the competition pack has diff EDC programming and it is amazing.

No body roll and turns in nearly as well as the S2000. Feels great when you are on it and bouncing over the road just enough to have that connection to what’s going on but o shaking your teeth.

What a machine. Comfy and effortless with all settings in normal then turns into another car with everything on sport and seems to lose 300kg. Definitely an S4000 !

Soldato
Can anybody with an F30 please do me a picture of the inside of the centre console cigarette lighter, mine doesn't work and to me it looks like there might be a coin stuck in it but I don't want to go prying before I know what the inside of a working one looks like?

Caporegime
Had some good eveningblasys lately in the M3 and I’m Loving the EDC in sport mode. I’ve Kept away from it as people said it’s pountless on the road. However the competition pack has diff EDC programming and it is amazing.

No body roll and turns in nearly as well as the S2000. Feels great when you are on it and bouncing over the road just enough to have that connection to what’s going on but o shaking your teeth.

What a machine. Comfy and effortless with all settings in normal then turns into another car with everything on sport and seems to lose 300kg. Definitely an S4000 !
Pretty much my brother in laws take with his M4, it’s supposed to be his weekend toy and he has an X5 M50d or my sisters 1 Series for business trips ,but, he’s found the M to have such great ability at cruising along the motorway and blasting along back roads, he’s finding himself taking it instead of the other two a lot more frequently!

Remarkable machines.

Caporegime
I'm really tempted by an m3 for the next car but also want to own a v8. Just not sure I could go back to an e9x. The test drives i had were epic but i couldnt live with that interior now. Saying that i think I'll have the 6 for another few years.

Back
Top Bottom