BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
How do you lot find the wear on your rear tyres? My rear left has at least 1.5mm less tread than the rear right. Is this to be expected due to placing the foot down when going around roundabouts and oversteering on predominantly right hand turns?
My rear left worn most too

Soldato
When do you guys change tyres on your cars? Mine is my first rwd and the reason are at about 4/4.5mm. Now and again it feels a bit loose so I'm thinking of changing them, but I also don't know if it's in my head! They're continental ssr 3 all round so not the greatest tyres to start with.

Caporegime
When do you guys change tyres on your cars? Mine is my first rwd and the reason are at about 4/4.5mm. Now and again it feels a bit loose so I'm thinking of changing them, but I also don't know if it's in my head! They're continental ssr 3 all round so not the greatest tyres to start with.
I’d imagine the “now and again feeling loose” is either down to conditions, in your head or your driving style - or a combination of all three - 4 -4.5mm is fine, you have plenty of life in them yet.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Dropped the car with bimma and am now rocking a 320d touring in chav white with a stupid manual handbrake!! The amount of times I've just put my foot down to leave thinking auto hold will release only to hear the grinding crunch of a manual handbrake... man are we spoilt these days.

Nippy little thing surprisingly, are these twin turbo or twin scroll units now? Bit of a small estate space wise, I suppose it's like a beefed up hatch back really.

I'm not sure whether it's the colour or the plate but people arent as nice to me in this car, strangely. However the plus side it seems is everyone wants to race a 320d :D it's been a while since I've been challenged.

Oh, how come I can't control both climate zones at once?!

Caporegime
Supercharged e38 7 Series with an S62 (e39 M5 engine) and 6 speed manual ‘box anyone?

WDC7YxM.jpg

This 2001 BMW 740iL was purchased by the seller in 2007 as a largely stock example with 90k miles. Within the last three years, the car has been fitted with a 4.9-liter S62 V8 from an E39 M5, an ESS Tuning supercharger, a 6-speed manual transmission, and a Quaife limited-slip differential. Additional modifications include a new rear subframe, upgraded suspension, 20″ MK Motorsport alloys, European 750i black leather interior, 2015 X5 iDrive system, an Intravee module, and much more as detailed below. Work has been performed personally by the seller, and the car has been driven approximately 13k miles since the engine swap was completed. It is now being offered with receipts from parts purchased for the build and a clean New Hampshire title in the seller’s name.

The straight pipe is too loud for my taste,but, acceptable I guess given the performance on offer!

Shame it’s in Florida, you have to hand it to Americans, they love a modified car and don’t do half arsed jobs!

Caporegime
6 speed manual box in an old luxobarge? That doesnt sound very well suited at all to me :confused:
Not to me either, but, I’d imagine it’s far better with a manual ‘box given it’s nature, I can’t see a Supercharged S62 powered 7 being used much for wafting!

You’d have thought such a conversion would have been better suited in a 1 or 3 Series, then again, the Yanks like their stick shifts- they had the e60 M5 available as a manual- and I’d imagine to the average American an e38 probably isn’t regarded as particularly big or barge like compared to some of the behemoths they like to drive around in!

Back
Top Bottom