BMW and M Power Owners

Permabanned
What do people think about this car?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201712302345095

Well spec'ed and seems a lot cheaper than new (any idea what can be further knocked off?). I'm going in for a new car quote (m240i and m2, the latter probably just my heart talking) and whilst I won't be able to get estoril blue this wa, this seems like an easy way to save money.

I think you can get an M3/M4 for similar money...

Soldato
I saw some in the £34-35k region... small budget increase for a better car sounds good to me...

Maybe. I think new M240i base spec (+ a couple of options at most) can be had for low 30s. The one I linked is ~20% off on a like for like spec.

Even if I could get reasonably insured on an M4, its still a bump in the budget to £34k as well as having to purchase some warranty. It's definitely not for me.

Permabanned
Maybe. I think new M240i base spec (+ a couple of options at most) can be had for low 30s. The one I linked is ~20% off on a like for like spec.

Even if I could get reasonably insured on an M4, its still a bump in the budget to £34k as well as having to purchase some warranty. It's definitely not for me.

Ah well.

The spec on the one you linked to ticks the right options IMO... Pro Nav, Harmon Kardon & Adaptive suspension... I think DAB is standard now, but it's also a nice to have.

This one seems unusually cheap, maybe because it's up north:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201711010859077?onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&make=BMW&year-from=2016&radius=1500&sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&model=2 SERIES&postcode=cm50hx&minimum-badge-engine-size=3.0&page=1

Soldato
Has adaptive suspension & pro nav so must be worth a look

Yeh I'll definitely take a look.

I know whether they knock anything off depends on market conditions (which tbh I haven't a clue) but will they expect me to for example ask them to knock £1k off, or is that being cheeky? I am a terrible negotiator if I can't play people off each other.

Soldato
Soldato
Yeh I'll definitely take a look.

I know whether they knock anything off depends on market conditions (which tbh I haven't a clue) but will they expect me to for example ask them to knock £1k off, or is that being cheeky? I am a terrible negotiator if I can't play people off each other.

Depends on how long it has been sat there tbh - my brother bought his A5 and it had been sat on courtyard for a few months so used as a bargaining chip and got around £1500 off (£20k car)

Soldato
My M4 was stolen off the drive early this morning. Absolutely gutted. Looking at the video used some device to amplify the keyless entry to get in. Absolute ****ers. So so angry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
My M4 was stolen off the drive early this morning. Absolutely gutted. Looking at the video used some device to amplify the keyless entry to get in. Absolute ****ers. So so angry.
:eek::eek:

So sorry to hear that!! By the sounds of it, at least you have some CCTV.

Gutting :(

Soldato
*******! Sorry to hear.

Did you have any additional security in the vehicle? I specifically looked for an M3 without keyless entry because I'm paranoid about this happening. I also bought a Stoplock steering lock as an additional visible deterrent.

Back
Top Bottom