BMW and M Power Owners

May have spoken too soon about this one.

Friends been telling me about the comp pack variant on the horizon... going to wait.

Pictures/details have been leaked online.
Depends if you want to pay another ~£10k on top of the deals on the current M2 (current best guesses on price, unlikely to be much in the way of discounts for a while).

Somebody on another thread mentioned ceramic coating. Anybody here get it done? Is it expensive and is it worth it? Is it like nano/hydrophobic coating?

Since my car doesn't have mudguards. it gets so dirty so quickly.

Somebody on another thread mentioned ceramic coating. Anybody here get it done? Is it expensive and is it worth it? Is it like nano/hydrophobic coating?

Since my car doesn't have mudguards. it gets so dirty so quickly.
Definitely worth doing though not through a dealer. A detailer will do it for around 300-500 including a polish to remove swirls/defects. You can pay less as well as much more but that’s the sweet spot.

Yeah a S designation rather than N. Snobs always said the M2 never had a proper M engine.

Although next gen M3 will be a S58 (built off the B48)

Yeah, I've seen that :)

Yeah a S designation rather than N. Snobs always said the M2 never had a proper M engine.

Although next gen M3 will be a S58 (built off the B48)

It's looking like the new version will deal with my 2 main criticisms about the M2... I don't like the engine very much, such a flat torque curve is a bit boring and left it lacking higher up in the rev range. The twin-turbo S55 engine in the M4 is much better with a nicer low-mid range torque curve and more lively at the top end.

The seats... I really don't like the seats in the 2 series... they're not the worst I've sat in... but they're definitely the worst in any BMW I've tried. The M4 seats on the other hand are fantastic.

It's going to be the wife's daily, rather than mine, but those tweaks will mean I'm more likely to steal it for a day haha.

Definitely worth doing though not through a dealer. A detailer will do it for around 300-500 including a polish to remove swirls/defects. You can pay less as well as much more but that’s the sweet spot.

Cool, thanks, not as expensive as I thought it would be. And no, I would never go through a dealer for something like this.

Thinking about it more, why would you want to mess around tinkering/modifying anyway, especially when you have a couple very high performance cars waiting for your spare time.

Back
Top Bottom