BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
OK I'll make sure I sit in both, but honestly from images I cannot tell the difference between interiors.

'Much better' is a bit of an overstatement. It looks a bit better - the facelift side repeaters are nice but an easy retrofit.

Anything else to consider on 35si? Reliability OK or best to run a BMW warranty?

The warranty is so cheap it's silly not to. I just renewed a policy on my Mums for something daft like 400 quid for comprehensive. It's annoyingly cheap when you consider a 5 Series is double that :(

Associate
Brake fluid service message appeared on my iDrive this morning, very daft question I'm sure but; given I've got the BMW warranty, this can still be carried out by an independent can't it?

Soldato
The Z4 facelift (also known as LCI) models were released in March 2013. Major changes are:

• Redesigned headlights (now using LED lamps), tail-lights and side indicators.[48][49]
  • Interior changes including black surrounds for the central air vents, and revised higher quality switches, control panel, and buttons.[50]

Also gives you proper flappy paddles rather than the weird push/pull setup of pre-LCI.

17k seems a bargain even for a pre facelift. Good spec even has heated steering wheel, bizarrely no wind deflector though.

Permabanned
With this possibly being my last year in the UK I really fancy an M4 or M6 convertible. Tempting, very tempting.

The convertibles really kill the handling - the coupes are soooo much better.

If you want a convertible, I'd buy something that's designed to be one... like a Boxster S... the 911 convertibles do pretty well too.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
17k seems a bargain even for a pre facelift. Good spec even has heated steering wheel, bizarrely no wind deflector though.

Yep, it's sold though. Think I'll do some more research, since my wife will be driving this the majority of the time, I'm not sure she would like too much power, maybe 28i.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yep, it's sold though. Think I'll do some more research, since my wife will be driving this the majority of the time, I'm not sure she would like too much power, maybe 28i.

The 28i is absolutely ideal, it's quick yet very fuel efficient.

Sadly they didn't well many and they are very hard to find. There are many more 20i annoyingly.

Soldato

If we ever have a gymratz meet again you can poke round mine ;). It is fast, makes a great noise mind. 28i is probably the sweet spot because you get OK performance but with very good economy and the lovely 8sp ZF auto, LCI required though.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
If we ever have a gymratz meet again you can poke round mine ;). It is fast, makes a great noise mind. 28i is probably the sweet spot because you get OK performance but with very good economy and the lovely 8sp ZF auto, LCI required though.

Sounds good. I'm allowing a Z4 because my wife is a hair dresser, are you a hair dresser? :p

28i does seem a good balance, but so many poverty spec, literally 1 or 2 for sale with iDrive at a reasonable price.

Man of Honour

You don't need an LCI to get a 28i, they were introduced in 2011.

Back
Top Bottom