BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
Sorry, should have said all the decent 2018 models ;) Doesn't stop the chrome looking naff.

None of the new models have ditched the chrome grille as standard. All the new releases this year - X5, 3 series etc have the chrome surround.

Black grilles are what you buy off eBay to stick on an old E46 :D

Man of Honour
The 'Shadow Edition' models all have black grilles as standard now, as well as things like the F10 M5 30 Jahre. The Shadow Edition is usually the highest level of trim on top of M Sport now.

Soldato
Been out for a 1 hour drive after getting home from work today just because...

Really amazing car. A chap at work has a M235i which I'm looking forward to going out in, to see how it compares. Makes me wonder if the M235i or M240i for that matter is as good?

I can't decide if the black m sport grills suit the M2 or not. Actually growing to like the bit of chrome on the front.

Caporegime
No they are cheap imitations of the real thing :). Although you don’t have a real M engine according to the M people. Needs to start with an S

Soldato
Been out for a 1 hour drive after getting home from work today just because...

Really amazing car. A chap at work has a M235i which I'm looking forward to going out in, to see how it compares. Makes me wonder if the M235i or M240i for that matter is as good?

I can't decide if the black m sport grills suit the M2 or not. Actually growing to like the bit of chrome on the front.
I've heard that many prefer m240s over m2s.

m2c is supposed to be the one to go for out of 2 series :)

Associate
None of the new models have ditched the chrome grille as standard. All the new releases this year - X5, 3 series etc have the chrome surround.

Black grilles are what you buy off eBay to stick on an old E46 :D
Apologies but my dealer continuously posts pictures of their new models on Facebook showing cars with the new black single large 'Hitler 'tache' grill (which I despise by the way), so I did think it was something that the entire range was adapting as a corporate standard.

Soldato
A friend of mine is looking to get an X5, he quite likes this:

Any opinions as to the engine etc? Knowing the club doubt it'll go down well on here but it's the model he wants.

Mot history check suggests it'll need driveshafts and two tyres. Are drive shafts expensive on these? I had a quick look and the parts seem to vary in price, up to £200 each?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You won't get a sensible warranty on a car of that age and mileage - it's cheap to buy but that's where cheap ends. He really should look elsewhere imho, that's a very poor spec example too by the look of it.

Soldato
You won't get a sensible warranty on a car of that age and mileage - it's cheap to buy but that's where cheap ends. He really should look elsewhere imho, that's a very poor spec example too by the look of it.

I mentioned the MOT history and it's put him off. He now knows to check it himself :) I'm also suggesting getting quotes for warranties.

Back
Top Bottom