BMW and M Power Owners

mjt

mjt

Soldato
A class has the exact same issues in terms of spec. If I'm going to buy and a3 may as well get a golf - it's on the list.
Not a fan of the seats at all. Skoda are an option too.
Seats in what, the A3? I didn’t have a problem with them in the A3 loaner I had, and I get a sore back without decent lumbar support.
The ergoActive ones in my Golf are also comfy. The massage function is a bit pap compared to 5-Series, etc but pretty decent for a hatchback.

Caporegime
Seats in what, the A3? I didn’t have a problem with them in the A3 loaner I had, and I get a sore back without decent lumbar support.
The ergoActive ones in my Golf are also comfy. The massage function is a bit pap compared to 5-Series, etc but pretty decent for a hatchback.

Seats. Not seats. My mistake!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Seats. Not seats. My mistake!
:o

You know what though, they’re not bad! Was given a poxy 1.0 Arona for the best part of a month when a body shop was faffing with my A6 and it wasn’t bad at all!

Clearly not a patch on my old Seat Leon Cupra 4 though ;)
Golf is the pick of bunch if I’m honest. Solid interior, good spec and well built (suspension clunks aside!)

Caporegime
What do you think the Qashqai is? X1 then perhaps but it's the same lifestyle stuff isn't it.

The qashqai would be essentially a jacked up hatchback officially classified as a compact crossover.
As I've said I'm not bothered about the 'raised driving position' that some people cream over but in terms of kit it comes pretty well equipped. That's what counts to me. The software isn't a patch on idrive though which is why bmw would be my first port of call.

Soldato
Soldato
Just go for a golf. The higher spec models have decent standard kit which you are obviously after and they're more comfortable & spacious than a 1 series

Associate
Does anyone know a good comparison site to compare an F31 to an F11 in terms of space. I'm trying to decide if I should consider an F31 over and F11 for a family of 4.

I’m also looking at F11. Family of 3 but we live 90 miles from nearest family members so lots of ferrying thing around is pushing the focus to its limit. I’m going to look at some 3 and 5 tourings tomorrow. I think we will prefer them to the X range, but will look at both. Looking to spend less than 20k and with bmw warranty, so been looking at 530d and 330d. Ideal spec would be:

Msport (but not deal breaker)
Upgraded audio (not essential)
Pro nav/upgraded media (the large screen)
Reversing camera would be nice
Auto
Not white leather

Anything else I should look for?

Thanks

mjt

mjt

Soldato
2.5 and due in June. Currently have an E61 and it's great but not much fun on my A and B road commute.
With little ones, the bigger boot just makes life easier. Could you really downsize from an E61?
F11 is a much better drive. Even an F07 can be good fun even though it weighs as much as the QE2..

I’m also looking at F11. Family of 3 but we live 90 miles from nearest family members so lots of ferrying thing around is pushing the focus to its limit. I’m going to look at some 3 and 5 tourings tomorrow. I think we will prefer them to the X range, but will look at both. Looking to spend less than 20k and with bmw warranty, so been looking at 530d and 330d. Ideal spec would be:

Auto
Not white leather

Thanks
HUD?

Man of Honour

Auto
Not white leather

Thanks

If you get one with the M Sport Plus package it'll give you the 19 inch wheels, Harmon Kardon stereo and privacy glass.

This and professional navigation should be your base requirement as it will give you everything you need, anything else it has can be a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom