BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Some recent pics of my M4 - with black grills - and as I've been told on this forum a 'crass number plate' :D but I like it.

More pics on my instragram for those that are on there:
www.instagram.com/shaank247

bmwm4-resized1.jpg

bmwm4-resized2.jpg

bmwm4-resized3.jpg

bmwm4-resized4.jpg

bmwm4-resized6.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I really like the M4, I’ve only had my Z4 35iS 6 months and it’s great, but it’s not M special, just a nice daily driver, is the M4 special like a real M car? I know that’s subjective but my old Z4M was definitely a special car.

Soldato
I really like the M4, I’ve only had my Z4 35iS 6 months and it’s great, but it’s not M special, just a nice daily driver, is the M4 special like a real M car? I know that’s subjective but my old Z4M was definitely a special car.

It's my 3rd M car, and I'd say yes, though the noise wasn't great standard and needed the BMW Mperformance exhaust to really make it sound decent IMO. I've tracked it, been on several long euro trips with it, and done the NC500 several times - absolutely great car tbh.

Associate
Go on then.

Vehicle information
Prod. Date 2016-08-31
Service History
Type M5 (EUR)
Series F10 (5 Series)
Body Type LIM
Steering RL
Engine S63T
Displacement 4.40
Power 412kw / 560hp
Drive HECK
Transmission Manual
Colour MONTE CARLO BLAU METALLIC (B05)
Upholstery LEDER MERINOSILVERSTONE 2 (LKA9)

Editions and packages
S754A M Rear spoiler
S7MAA Competition package
P7S9A Connected Drive Services Paket

Comfort and interior equipment
S403A Glass roof electrical
S428A Warning triangle and first aid kit
S431A Interior mirror with automaticdip
S441A Smoker package
S496A Seat heating rear
S4NBA Autom climate control with 4zone ctrl
S423A Floor mats velours
S430A Interioroutside mirror with auto dip
S459A Seat adjuster electric with memory
S481A Sports seat
S494A Seat heating driverpassenger
S4URA Ambient interior lighting

Multimedia
S609A Navigation system Professional
S610A Headup display
S654A DAB tuner
S688A HarmanKardon Surround Sound system
S698A AreaCode 2 for DVD
S6ACA Intelligent emergency SOS call
S6AEA Teleservices
S6AKA Connected Drive Services
S6AMA RealTime Traffic Information
S6ANA Concierge Services
S6APA Remote Services
S6FVA Online Entertainment
S6NSA Convenience phone expanded Smartphone

Driver assistance and lightning
S552A Adaptive LED headlight
S5ACA Highbeam assistant
S502A Headlight cleaning system
S508A Park Distance Control PDC

Wheels and drive
S245A Steering wheel column adjustmentelectr
S248A Steering wheel heater
S2PAA Wheel bolt retainer
S2TYA BMW LA wheel M Double Spoke 343
S2VBA Tire pressure display
S223A Dynamic Damping Control
S2MKA M doubleclutch transmiss wDrivelogic

Environment and safety
S316A automatic trunk lid mechanism
S850A ZUSAETZL TANKFUELLUNG EXPORT
S877A Delete crosspattern operation
S880A Onboard vehicle literature English
S8KAA OELWARTUNGSINT 30000KM24MONATE
S8R9A Refrigerant R1234yf
S8S2A Coding alarm signal
S8S3A Automatic locking when driving off
S8SMA Car ident number visible from outside
S8TFA Active pedestrian protection
S8TGA Thiefproofing device
S302A Alarm system
S853A Language version English

Individual equipment
S761A Individual sunshade glazing
S760A High gloss shadow line
S775A Headlining anthracite

Other equipment
S1CAA Selection of COP relevant vehicles
L812A National version England Ireland
S9AAA Outer skin protection
SXE7A Indi int strips piano lacquer black
S1CCA Auto startstop function
S1CDA Brake Energy Regeneration
- Sign BMW individual
- 0XE7 BMW Individual interior tim Piano finish black
- Interior trim strips in piano finish black II

Soldato
Vehicle Information
Prod. Date 2001-03-16
Service History !! CHECK HISTORY !!
Type 540I (EUR)
Series E39 (5 Series)
Body Type LIM
Steering RL
Engine M62TU
Displacement 4.40
Power 210kw / 286hp
Drive HECK
Transmission Automatic
Colour TOPASBLAU METALLIC (364)
Upholstery STANDARDLEDERSCHWARZ (N6SW)
Check mileage http://www.auto-records.com

Editions And Packages

P337A M Sports Package
S705A M Sports Suspension II
S710A M Leather Steering Wheel
S715A M Aerodynamics Package
S785A White Direction Indicator Lights
S788A BMW LA Wheel Individual

Comfort And Interior Equipment
S403A Glass Roof Electrical
S415A Sunblind Rear
S423A Floor Mats Velours
S428A Warning Triangle And First Aid Kit
S430A Interioroutside Mirror With Auto Dip
S441A Smoker Package
S459A Seat Adjuster Electric With Memory
S481A Sports Seat
S494A Seat Heating Driverpassenger
S438A Fine Wood Trim
S473A Armrest Front

Multimedia
S602A Onboard Monitor With TV
S640A Preparation F Telinstallation Universal
S676A HiFi Speaker System
S694A Provisions For BMW 6 CD Changer

Driver Assistance And Lightning
S500A Headlight WipewashIntensive Cleaning
S508A Park Distance Control PDC
S522A Xenon Light
S548A Kilometercalibrated Speedometer
S520A Fog Lights
S534A Automatic Air Conditioning
S555A Onboard Computer V With Remote Control

Wheels And Drive
S204A Drive Layout Export
S216A Hydro Steeringservotronic
S261A Side Airbags For Rear Passengers
S202A Steptronic
S210A Dynamic Stability Control
S249A Multifunction F Steering Wheel

Environment And Safety
S320A Deleted Model Lettering
S354A Green Windscreen Green Shade Band
S818A Battery Master Switch
S823A Hotclimate Version
S845A Acoustic Belt Warning
S875A Infrared Remote Control
S853A Language Version English

Individual Equipment
S760A High Gloss Shadow Line
S775A Headlining Anthracite

Other Equipment
L807A National Version Japan
S925A VERSANDSCHUTZPAKET
- Code Description Interface Description EPC S431A INNENSPIEGELAUTOMATISCH ABBLENDEND Interior Mirror With Automaticdip
- S431A

Available Upgrades
- E39 BLACK GRILL
- E39 ANDROID MULTIMEDIA PLAYER
- Vgate ICar Pro OBD For Bimmercode
- Highest Quality Bluetooth 5.0 Audio Receiver With AptX HD Support

Last edited:
Soldato
Can I chime in with something other than a wall of spec? :p

Well seeing as I've just had it cleaned for the first time (I know, I'm terrible...), here's a three and a half month update with my E92 330i.

I purchased this 3 Series in early August of this year for £3.8k, and touch wood it's been very reliable thus far. I've covered roughly 2.5k miles, which were mostly commuting miles with a few longer trips thrown in (we traveled to the Lake District a couple of weeks ago), and it hasn't put (much of) a foot wrong.

Couple of facts about the car, it's an October 2006 petrol straight six, the N52 engine producing roughly 270bhp, and this one is on 95k miles, has FSH, many owners (!!), is the SE version but comes pretty well specified (heated and electric black leather seats, 6sp auto box, folding mirrors, 18" alloys (not sure on code), Conti 5's all round, and the all important Xenons). Edit: having checked my VIN online, I can see that is also has the following which I forgot to mention:

S226A Sports suspension settings
S481A Sports seat
S507A Park Distance Control (PDC), rear
S534A Automatic air conditioning
S544A Individual equipment (??)

I've recently bought a Carly OBD2 reader to code a few things and keep a check on the overall health of the vehicle since it's well out of any warranty, and the coding was notably for the folding mirrors on lock and unlock (before they were electrically manual via a button inside the car, pressing that button is for peasants as far as I'm concerned, I didn't buy an auto to do things like that. I jest - probably). Carly wasn't cheap, mind you - £70 for the reader, and £55 for the annual subscription. However, I was also able to code out the electronic belt givers since they don't grab the belt properly (looks like I am a peasant, after all), change the indicator one touch from three blinks to five (surprisingly useful), a digital speedo, and for all of the Welcome Home lights to be on full blast (before they were dim, when I open my car in the work car park I like to blind everyone).

Carly also allowed me to clear all of the codes and see what was left, which thankfully was only one thing (not bad considering it's age). Annoyingly it's not a very common problem, it's the rear sensor for the Xenons that's defective, so they don't do that little dance that they should when they come on, and presumably aren't necessarily pointing in the right direction when driving (they do seem to be pointing low a fair bit). Looking at getting this resolved this week.

Needed 1l of oil recently, otherwise fine. I couldn't find the dipstick either (I know, that normally means it's me), but from further reading I found I could read the oil from within the cabin via the dash. Not greatly fond of that as, without trying to sound like an old fart, I do enjoy a physical read out (both, preferably).

There's no iDrive. A bit annoying, but the cabin look clean because of it. I'd have preferred it but I'm clutching to make myself feel better.

Mpg is 27mpg if it doesn't see a motorway, 33mpg (ish) if it does. Not fussed, that's decent for what's on offer. Always fill with Super Unleaded (sounds like I'm trying to sell it here, or throw in a humble brag, apologies either way).

Driving the thing is enjoyable. The steering is weighty and confidence building, and the ride is comfortable. It feels like a heavy car, I'm sure that's because it is, but the ageing 6sp auto doesn't help in this regard, though putting it in sport mode helps no end (if anything it feels too eager at this point). I think the official 0-62 is 6.4s and it does feel every bit of it. No complaints, not for the money anyway. Haven't really chucked the back end out, it doesn't feel like it's got the right power and balance to enjoy that sort of fun, it's rather more a cruiser than a hooliganism machine. The tech inside is mostly sparse, I've got my iPhone linked up via 3.5mm aux and a kenu car holder on one of the vents, might look to get a bluetooth head unit at some point but I don't want to ruin the interior look.

The private plate is naff and worthless, as we've discussed on this forum previously. It's coming off soon, but due to the car having not been taxed at some point in the last five years, DVLA refuse to let me take it off online, so I've had to *gasp* mail them a letter asking them to take it off with an enclosed cheque. Archaic. Soon though I'll have the original back on it, or some random plate that the DVLA decide to provide me in its place. It's only slightly annoying when people tell me it looks great for a 16 year old car, 'Don't you know your bloody E46's from your E92's you imbeciles?!' I retort, 'It's very clearly only 13 years old at most!'

I do think she's pretty though, and the guy who just cleaned it remarked the same, 'Very beautiful', he told me. I'm sure he just wanted a tip.

THm1Brm.jpg.png

What a tit, I left my visor down for the photo. Idiot.

Last edited:
Associate
So I've been given a price for a factory-order car which is based on the current Q4 contributions. Can anyone tell me whether historically these offers have gotten better or worse come Q1 the following year or is it quite unpredictable? I don't need to change immediately so can wait a bit if it's going to save me some and get it on a newer plate.

However I'll be annoyed if come Q1 the discounts are worse and it's cost me a few quid waiting for the plate. Any experiences please?

Soldato
Needs comfort seats, bigger wheels and not being grey.
Since when do people spec cars properly in the UK?
I'd prefer it having the v6 for that price too.

My civic went to the scrap today. No clue what to buy still.

I wonder how painful having a 2dr 435d would be with a 7 year old.

Man of Honour
I wonder how painful having a 2dr 435d would be with a 7 year old.
Painful.
The electric seats takes an age to move forwards and backwards to allow people to climb into the back.
But if you can live with that, the legroom is about the same as the standard f30 3 series. Headroom less given the coupe roofline

Soldato
Painful.
The electric seats takes an age to move forwards and backwards to allow people to climb into the back.
But if you can live with that, the legroom is about the same as the standard f30 3 series. Headroom less given the coupe roofline
Good shout. Yet to take a look at one. That puts me right off. I'll scrap that idea.

Man of Honour
@lnoton if you're going to use the rear seats often, then the 4 gran coupe is the obvious choice.
5 door version of a 2 door based on a 4 door. lol
I'd even say the liftback boot of the gran coupe is more practical than the saloon boot of the 3 series...

Back
Top Bottom