BMW and M Power Owners

Well i know they use there HID kit instead of the original xenon stuff, but i would keep decent night time viewing with the benefit of a more modern look(assuming they are decent HIDs)

Cant justify £800+ on a set of headlights really, just kind of liked the facelift look and mine have steamed up, might look at seeing if i can crack them open to dry them out and re-seal them

I guess i can afford an M5 because it doesnt do a lot of miles, ive only done 1500miles in it since November, its insured through work so dont have to find the money for that, but then i get paid tomorow so im ordering coilovers, then ordering my cut slicks and taking it to oulton park.....maybe my priorities in terms of spending money on it are wrong! haha

Thanks for the link for the thread ill have a read now, i dont mind the old unit, just thought the dynavin looks nicer plus i dont have to mess about with my tomtom

Well i know they use there HID kit instead of the original xenon stuff, but i would keep decent night time viewing with the benefit of a more modern look(assuming they are decent HIDs)

Cant justify £800+ on a set of headlights really, just kind of liked the facelift look and mine have steamed up, might look at seeing if i can crack them open to dry them out and re-seal them

You don't need to spend 800 quid on Hellas, they are 300-400. Then you can buy a HID kit for 60 quid and bingo, you have something that is better than that Ebay junk in every possible way!

£800 buys you brand new OEM Hellas with OEM Xenon equipment. This is hugely expensive and nobody is suggesting you do that - it's certainly not comparable with that Ebay link because as I said thats just a set of aftermarket headlights and a HID kit. Buy a set of Hellas and source a seperate HID kit, job done.

The Angel Eye headlights and CELIS LED rear lights are one of the absolute best bits about the styling of the facelift E39. It baffles me when people end up going with dodgy aftermarket stuff in favour of them :(

[TW]Fox;21815974 said:
You don't need to spend 800 quid on Hellas, they are 300-400. Then you can buy a HID kit for 60 quid and bingo, you have something that is better than that Ebay junk in every possible way!

£800 buys you brand new OEM Hellas with OEM Xenon equipment. This is hugely expensive and nobody is suggesting you do that - it's certainly not comparable with that Ebay link because as I said thats just a set of aftermarket headlights and a HID kit. Buy a set of Hellas and source a seperate HID kit, job done.

The Angel Eye headlights and CELIS LED rear lights are one of the absolute best bits about the styling of the facelift E39. It baffles me when people end up going with dodgy aftermarket stuff in favour of them :(

Ah now thats totally different!!

Sorry if i sound like a bit of an idiot but where do you suggest i buy the oem hellas and xenon equipment from, bmw direct, ebay or a certain place.

I dont mind paying a bit extra for something to do the job right, just didnt want to spend over twice the amount.

also just been into the garage to look at my stereo, cant see a DSP button, googling says it shares the same button as 'Audio'
CIMG4446-mid-hvac.jpg

Mine just has the word audio, or should i be looking on the LCD for the word?

I have the full sat nav/DSP setup so mine differs to this, however I believe that if you have the 'Audio DSP' button then you have DSP. Normally this button would simply asy 'Audio' only.

Do you have any subs in the boot, under the parcel shelf?

The e92 with the exception of a little flat spot early in the rev range (which is only exposed by a lousy driver like me, using the wrong gears) pulls like an absolute train. The E46 as utterly amazing as it is (most iconic looking M3 ever i think) can't come close to that.

At 100mph+ the E46 would get it's rear end handed to it. That extra 80 horsepower makes all the difference.

FWIW i had an E92 cabrio for a week and it felt much slower than the hard top coupe.

Oh I don't doubt it and I'm not remotely suggesting the e46 is anything other than a now tired, underpowered and dated predecessor but on the few occasions I've had a tete a tete with one they haven't warp speeded away from me whereas the rs4 I "challenged" slaughtered me :p maybe e92 drivers don't know how to drive, or bmw drivers on the whole for that matter ;) :eek:

To be honest most E92 M3 drivers i try and 'have a go' with .... usually do the same. They don't seem to rise to the bait! :)

On the flip side, I get plenty of white vans or kids in crappy cars thinking they can outgun me as they scream up in the rear view mirror in the the top of their rev range in 4th gear while I'm cruising at about 3-4k rpm in 6th ;)

Not sure there is really a direct choice between an M5 and an M3 convertible - you either want a drop top, or you don't surely?

Yea, it seems odd, unless you just want 'some blinging M car innit' then surely you wouldn't be finding it hard to decide if you want a convertible of an 1800kg saloon!?

That one seems odd, I don't like the aftermarket audio and why does it have SE door sill covers?

No heh sorry, i definitely don't want a convertible!

My thoughts are, M5, absolute beast of a machine, wanted one for as long as i can remember. For me its my favorite car. Currently ive got a Supra, had it nearly 10 years and its starting to show.

I think its time to move to 5 doors, but then im so used to 2 on the Supra that an M3 would be ok, M3 also a lot cheaper.

Im not looking for something that stands out, so again the M5 is perfect, im done with all the big wings, bouncing cars and all that stuff lol

Ive got a few more miles left in my Supra so its not an immediate decision, but one that will need to be made shortly

This is because the M3 Cab weighs 250kg more, which makes it no quicker to 60 than a 335i coupe!

You reckon? ;)

It was still nice and fast, and a lot more throwable since it had EDC and a PS3 esque DCT transmission - But i was more than glad to get back in my hard top and feel more of a shove in the back when the loud pedal was mashed.

[TW]Fox;21818557 said:
Yea, it seems odd, unless you just want 'some blinging M car innit' then surely you wouldn't be finding it hard to decide if you want a convertible of an 1800kg saloon!?

That one seems odd, I don't like the aftermarket audio and why does it have SE door sill covers?

I'd consider the M5 a completely different proposition to an M3. M5 for absolute outside lane bully duties and supercar hassling power ... the M3 more nimble and something you try and push the limits of grip on.

Wasn't sure whether this really needed a new thread as it is Bmw specific.

I'll have by the end of the month 2.5-3k to spend on a car, is it possible to get a reasonable condition 330ci (or even 330ci sport if I can find a bargain) on this budget.

For example is something like this likely to be a dog or would I be ok.

If not any suggestions at what I should be looking for or whether I should just wait a bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom