BMW and M Power Owners

about 32mpg...i don't do a huge amount of motorway, and I do generally use the power when I can :D

I got 23-24 from my e46 330i, and about 20 from an e92 335i to give you an idea :)

I get 26mpg from my 335i with almost no motorway driving, frequent foot down action and town driving! God knows how you got an average figure of 20mpg when you had a 335i, unless it was almost exclusively town driving!

Hi guys, i wonder if you can help, im looking at picking up an E60 M5 as a replacement for my Supra as they seem to be dropping below and around the 20k mark.

Is there an owners club for these cars where i can learn what makes a good/bad one? the usual things to look out for etc?

Hi guys, i wonder if you can help, im looking at picking up an E60 M5 as a replacement for my Supra as they seem to be dropping below and around the 20k mark.

Is there an owners club for these cars where i can learn what makes a good/bad one? the usual things to look out for etc?

Pretty much everything you need in one thread here: http://pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=181&t=1076816&mid=0&nmt=E60+/+E61+M5+Buyers+Guide

For more info check out the relevant section at m5board.com (although be sure to read and use the search function before asking questions - they like to think people should help themselves first!!)

one for fox, cant remember which forum it was i saw you post about your dynavin system you had installed, i was wondering if you could let me know where the best place to get it from and also what you thought of it.

my M5 just has the 'none nav' stereo and id like to upgrade it.........that and id like to get a facelift steering wheel but have no idea where to get one from

I got it from Ebay - there is only one seller on there who has them.

Unfortunately they don't work in the M5 as they are not compatible with the standard fit DSP Audio system :(

Facelift wheel is an easy retrofit, buy one off Ebay. £100ish for the wheel then £80ish for a round airbag. It's plug and play.

I wouldnt mind trying an E46 M3 one more time to see how it compares to my E92 M3. 420 odd horsepower (I have an Eisenmann Exhaust so a few more ponies) just feels like a new baseline for me in terms of power. I dunno if the 340 in the E46 would feel underwhelming if i tried out that car again.

One thing BMW M3 ownership has taught me (thankfully without injury) is that good tyres AND a proper geo setup are absolutely crucial. After nearly binning my first M3 pushing on in the damp with unsuitably worn tyres and shonky alignment, i've learned a serious lesson there.

Even the E92 felt like a completely different animal a few days after fitting new rubber on every corner, having the geo done. I'd almost gotten used to the back feeling a bit light before it was pointed out that nearly every wheel was pointing the wrong way on my geo report.

Can't wait to see how the next M3 turns out, considering how epic the new F10 is.

I didn't notice a massive difference between the e92 and the e46, granted the e92 was quicker, but not by much, however I was driving my e46 and I'm amazing so I'm sure that counted for a lot.

Thought i'd post some pics of my current beemer,
here she is (e90 330d) next to my old one (e30 318i),

4778712929_8081297480_z.jpg

I gave the car a thorough clean and polish after getting it, this is the result.

5172426230_6e6407e83d_z.jpg

5172418010_639a226fde_z.jpg

Best car i've ever driven, always had e30's previously, including a 325 convertible. Its pretty well spec'ed, with sports suspension, sports leather etc. Looks pretty civilised but goes like stink. Very well behaved too, considering ;)

Not all M5s have DSP - turbotoaster's is an example.

After what fox said i was looking on m5board to try and find that out, but most of them on there are from the US so i wasnt sure.

Noticed a few guys over there are running the dynavin in there m5s so got a bit confused to be honest.

Whats the best way to tell if i have DSP?

Oh yeh, fitted my new rear lights today, looks a bit more modern.

Before

380575_10150718947031657_643856656_9905799_86850620_n.jpg

After

533025_10150718947346657_643856656_9905800_1258572505_n.jpg

Couldnt believe the amount of **** found behind the lights, we scooped up both sides of it and filled a 1/2pint glass full!!

Also, dont really have the money for Hella front lights but would like a new set of headlights.

Need to keep the xenon, dont fancy doing a wheeler jobby with halogens.

These guys seem ok, but cant tell whether they are using DEPO lights or not.

Anyone got any recommends or know what these are?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300674258956?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

How can you run an M5 and not have the money for Hella lights, they are hardly expensive! Those 'Xenon' ones are just aftermarket lights with an aftermarket HID kit, it isn't retaining your OEM Xenons in any way. So you could better this with conventional Hella lights and an aftermarket HID kit though it would be a shame to lose your OEM-ness.

Don't fit aftermarket lights - do it properly! Are those rear ones fakes as well? They dont look quite right though it could be the angle of the photo.

Best way to tell if you have DSP is look at the MID in the dash, it will have a DSP button if you have DSP. If you dont have DSP you can easily fit a Dynavin unit but be aware you'll lose the additional OBC controls.

Here is my thread about mine:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18380898

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom