BMW and M Power Owners

Hi guys,

Wonder if anyone can shed some light on the following:

R.E a 318 SE Coupe (e92 - around the 07 reg)

~Is this a child-friendly car or would there be a nightmare getting them into the back? Even with the longer doors this model has?

~Can you retro-fit cruise control if it doesnt have it? (Havent looked at the car yet so dont know if its got it) I.e is it a coding issue or is there hardware?

~Can you realistically take a week's holiday luggage in the boot?

~What are the most common problems to look out for? I'm sure its an expensive car to maintain....

So ... Ideally looking for owners opinions on the above to help settle my decision before i properly look for one.

Thanks in advance

R.

The longer doors are a pain even if you don't have kids. Mine used to drive me mad in carparks and it was just me getting in and out! It does have ISOFIX though.

There is no 318i SE Coupe on an 07 plate so I'm not sure what it is you are looking at, probably an E46? The 318i didn't come out until 2011 IIRC.

Plenty of room in the boot.

Buy the BMW warranty - its only 40ish a month if the car is under 60k miles.

[TW]Fox;21731932 said:
The longer doors are a pain even if you don't have kids. Mine used to drive me mad in carparks and it was just me getting in and out! It does have ISOFIX though.

There is no 318i SE Coupe on an 07 plate so I'm not sure what it is you are looking at, probably an E46? The 318i didn't come out until 2011 IIRC.

Plenty of room in the boot.

Buy the BMW warranty - its only 40ish a month if the car is under 60k miles.

Thanks for that,

I Got it wrong, its a 320 not a 318 :p

I did have that worry with the longer doors, especially with how narrow some multi-story's are now with the likes of NCP squeezing as many spaces in as possible :(

The one i'm looking at is BMW approved and is going for £12,500 , 50k on the clock, sound about right price wise ? I know i'll always pay a bit more for a manufacturer approved car but like the warranty you get on a car at that price!

Last edited:
Always worth a look although I agreed, it's not the best video ever. It's their first video so they deserve a second chance - their next one is going to be an AMG Merc of some sort.

*tries very hard not to mention that there's no need to quote the post immediately above... but fails*

Apart from her tight top that video was very disappointing. :(

Sure the editing is good, but watching someone say "OH the M button is awesome, watch" *plants foot accelerating on a straight road*.

She has nice melons in that top but other than that there's no enthusiasm in her review, far too casual. Where's the emotion during the experience like you get with Tiff or even any of the other popular car reviewers on the modern TV (Youtube)?

Meh.

The one i'm looking at is BMW approved and is going for £12,500 , 50k on the clock, sound about right price wise ? I know i'll always pay a bit more for a manufacturer approved car but like the warranty you get on a car at that price!

Sounds like it won't have navigation at that price. I'd insist on it becuase it changes the look of the interior, its really quite dull without the iDrive system.

I thought that was a good video, something different.

I'm in Manchester this weekend having driven from Gatwick my first long run and one great thing about my 530 is I can nail it in every gear and the missus is still whittering on about next doors kids blissfully ignorant :p

I didnt realise so many people on the forums owned BMW's.

FAO Simulatorman, does your M5 get anywhere near the consumption figures BMW claim?

I'm getting 23 mpg at the moment:

m527.jpg

I'm pleased with that but driving has been a wee bit conservative with running in so I have tried to avoid going over 5500 rpm and going mad with my M settings.

My first BMW, bought when I was 20 back in 2008!

Facelift E46 330i Sport Saloon, Manual, heated seats, xenons, harmon kardon...pretty nice spec, only missing nav and bluetooth from what i actually wanted:

IMG_9933large.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

TWP_9431.jpg

Bought on 111k, sold on 173k, no big bills really! Great car, lots of fun.

Current car:

2007 E92 335D M Sport coupe, Le Mans Blue with dakota black interior, heated seats, professional nav. Bought on 51k in september 2011, currently on 66k. Will be getting it mapped in the next few months but it's already astonishingly quick.

TWP_0510.jpg

TWP_0520.jpg

TWP_0572.jpg

2012-04-13202914.jpg

The trip computer reads 1.5 under as reliable as you like, every fillup, so i can confidently say that run was about 47mpg! Not bad given i was sat in stop start traffic for a fair bit of it, and the car is a torque converter auto and is pre-efficient dynamics, so no fancy brake power regeneration or electric steering or early locking gearboxes.

Since ditching the run flats it's immensely better ride quality, really do love the car at the moment :) Shall be even more incredible with the remap, that takes it from the 286bhp and 450ft/lb to 350bhp and 520ft/lb! Decent gains.

Wasn't sure id get on with the dieselness of it, but it really is unlike any other diesel ive driven, very very little boost threshold, minimal lag, power everywhere in the range which is from 1500 to 4600rpm, and other than at idle it really doesnt sound half bad either!

Tom.

Last edited:
Thanks for that,

I Got it wrong, its a 320 not a 318 :p

I did have that worry with the longer doors, especially with how narrow some multi-story's are now with the likes of NCP squeezing as many spaces in as possible :(

My 325i is an 07 plate plate M Sport Touring with iDrive, and I got that for 13,5k. Not sure if that one you are looking at is a good price, or I got one for a good price?

Back
Top Bottom