BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Aren't most controls, voice controllable now. So the backup of buttons/touchscreen is just really for us northerners who cant gerit 2 wirk

Soldato
Well car ordered. :) delivery 1st Feb 2022

https://webfrontend.evecp.bmw.cloud/2053889

well impressed you get a video/simulation of the car you have specced up before finalising your order

Managed to push the dealer to 9.5% discount to secure the deal so £71,013.10 OTR was my final price.

Not a bad discount in the currently climate I thought?
An interesting choice. Did you consider the iX?

Caporegime
An interesting choice. Did you consider the iX?

Lol. Interesting means that I made a mistake!?!

I did. Not ready to go full EV yet, will make that jump in 3 years time.

Plus the price scares me of the ix. With the longer range version, towbar, comfort and plus pack I think I was approaching £100k when I specced it!!!!! yep £99,735 to get the spec of the car I have just ordered.

So even with any discount I could get you would be looking at least £20k more.

Okay could settle for the shorter ranged 40 which would be comparable on price but like I say, not ready for full EV yet.

EDIT: Just priced up the x40 sport with same spec as my x5 but no leather seats and comes in £3k cheaper than my x5. Problem is atm BMW must have awful residual values on these cars or they wont give any discount on them as the lease price comes in only £6 per month less than my current model.

Certainly a valid option if you want a BEV.

Last edited:
Soldato
iX looks a great electric car good real world range, performance and interior now just put it in a 3/5 Series body rather than the I must look electric SUV bodies. iDrive 8 looks good surprised the review car from Carwow didn't have a HUD.

Caporegime
iX looks a great electric car good real world range, performance and interior now just put it in a 3/5 Series body rather than the I must look electric SUV bodies. iDrive 8 looks good surprised the review car from Carwow didn't have a HUD.

Thats because its not available even as an option on the car, even the x50 Msport. A £100k car and no HUD. Strange design choice by BMW.

Caporegime
Would guess it must be supply related as a few articles have said they are going to offer it https://www.greencarreports.com/new...rated-head-up-display-more-flexible-interface

Maybe. There was something else on the configator which had deleted next to it and you couldn't select it either.

Poor show for those getting the first vehicles though, thought BMW would have kept enough HUDs back for their new flagship (or chips used in them)

Take Mercedes, there are no deletions of equipment available in the 63 model cars, only every other car in the range has to do without led headlights, wifi, connected services, wireless charging, upgraded stereos etc. They are keeping their limited supply for the top of the range cars only.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It did have HUD. You can see it at 16:20 :confused:

I posted a vid the dealer sent us further up in this thread

Edit: Found it

https://video.citnow.com/vtw7Rxq3SYy
Ah ok it’s not fjord blue :)
Nice though!

Soldato
Funny you mention voice control, I tried in the e82 trying to play music and it brought up the sat nav. In contrast my wife's 19 plate fiesta works perfectly everyone. We're Hull area so not a mega strong accent, but I was just surprised how bad the e92 is (I realise its Ancient in tech terms).

Man of Honour
Funny you mention voice control, I tried in the e82 trying to play music and it brought up the sat nav. In contrast my wife's 19 plate fiesta works perfectly everyone. We're Hull area so not a mega strong accent, but I was just surprised how bad the e92 is (I realise its Ancient in tech terms)

The E90 platform came out in 2004. This was 17 years ago! It is hardly surprising that the tech in a modern Fiesta is more up to date and works better.

Soldato
I realise it's not exactly new, it's just impressive how it's moved on. Whether or not there were any improvements from the pre face-lift car in terms of voice I'm not sure.
The voice control on my Dads 2014 640d (F12) was rubbish compared to what I had in my 2017 520d (G31)

Associate
sunroof went, dont need one with 15000 leds lights for £2400. Everywhere in the EU get the choice of the standard panorama roof for 1600 euros.

Kept tech pack plus for the ACC and semi autonomous stuff with bonus built in dashcam recording and went comfort pack for the better seats and heated steering wheel, no massaging seats though, need another £3k for comfort plus for that or something like that.

Yeah reading around last night I got that impression and lots of people saying the paint is really soft and prone to scratches. I have a "midnight blue" colour on my car atm (so BMW carbon black eq) and that looks stunning when clean but equally looks dirty very very quickly so not too bothered about that aspect, the soft paint concerns me though, lots of country lanes where i live and hedges and stuff brushing past my car somethings. The odd scratch I always manage to buff out on my current car, could get messing very quickly with TB.

Plus if I dump TB I can get Merino leather. Anybody got that? Worth it over the standard leather?

Wise move in dropping TB - it really does scratch very easily

Back
Top Bottom