BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I bought a set of 763M copies and tyres recently. My F31 has the diamond cut 5 spokes that are looking past their best. Will run the copies while the OE wheels get refurbed.
Think F30 and G series are incompatible though, probably a smaller market for G series wheels

Associate
Hmm I'm not convinced in black, I think would look nice in hyper silver though.

I'm on the fence with them, I have itchy feet to do something to my car but not sure I can be bothered, these are my current rims

NNTn0rX.jpg

Soldato
^^^^^ These are what I have on mine but the laquer has lifted/corroded. Look really bad for a 4 year old car with 45K

Mine looked like this (went back to 403M in the end though):

Are they 19 or 20? I have bought the 19s in satin gold (it's a dice roll on a black car ;) )

I'll get some pics up once they're on and car is clean. I bought a set of Bilstein B14 dampers with Eibach springs/ARBs too.

I've also bought a 6WB LCD cluster to fit. Going to try fitting and coding myself so hold tight for the "I've broken it!" posts :)

Man of Honour
I've also bought a 6WB LCD cluster to fit. Going to try fitting and coding myself so hold tight for the "I've broken it!" posts

Last time I checked (5 years ago!) these were a total pain and virtually impossible unless you bought a new one and at over a grand never made sense for the functionality offered.

Have things changed? I'd be interested in how you get on with this.

Man of Honour
Are the Icon lights for the F80 that much better than the LED ones? It's one of the few options my car doesn't have.

Do you have the LED lights with the reflector lense? I can't remember if the M3 got the same ones that the rest of the range did. If so, then likely yes. IMO the standard LED lights in the F30 are quite poor, perhaps not even as good as the Xenon ones before them. I am not sure why this is but have always noticed them to be unusual in that they dont have a projector lense. By contrast, the LED lights in the Mini and the 1 Series do have a projector lense and are absolutely excellent..

Man of Honour
Do you have the LED lights with the reflector lense? I can't remember if the M3 got the same ones that the rest of the range did. If so, then likely yes. IMO the standard LED lights in the F30 are quite poor, perhaps not even as good as the Xenon ones before them. I am not sure why this is but have always noticed them to be unusual in that they dont have a projector lense. By contrast, the LED lights in the Mini and the 1 Series do have a projector lense and are absolutely excellent..
This is what it has:

Screenshot-2021-10-04-at-18-16-51.png

I'd have to retrofit them at a guess so I'm not sure how that would affect the warranty or if there's a possibility to have them fitted at the dealership to keep it all in tact.

Associate
Picked up a late 2015 F10 530d ‘luxury' last week, BMW AUC. Space grey with oyster interior, 18" 609 wheels, integral active steering, sports seats, soft close doors, split fold rears (essential for me), rear sunblind and a few other bits. Sycamore trim and normal auto box finishes the pipe'n'slipper experience off. Its a nice and chilled place to be with a fair turn of speed when required. I'm growing to like it very much and hope it doesn't throw me any big bills post-warranty. I would have liked a sunroof and adaptive drive but I largely suspect I'd have been waiting a long time and likely wouldn't have had the budget anyway.

Soldato
^^^^^ These are what I have on mine but the laquer has lifted/corroded. Look really bad for a 4 year old car with 45K

Are they 19 or 20? I have bought the 19s in satin gold (it's a dice roll on a black car ;) )

I'll get some pics up once they're on and car is clean. I bought a set of Bilstein B14 dampers with Eibach springs/ARBs too.

I've also bought a 6WB LCD cluster to fit. Going to try fitting and coding myself so hold tight for the "I've broken it!" posts :)
19" in satin black I think (they were on the car when I bought it) - CM Wheels

Soldato
Hmm I'm not convinced in black, I think would look nice in hyper silver though.

I'm on the fence with them, I have itchy feet to do something to my car but not sure I can be bothered, these are my current rims

NNTn0rX.jpg

Are they the 704M shadow edition wheels? I like them a lot, wouldn't change them if they are in good shape

Soldato
Last time I checked (5 years ago!) these were a total pain and virtually impossible unless you bought a new one and at over a grand never made sense for the functionality offered.

Have things changed? I'd be interested in how you get on with this.

They're a lot easier than they used to be - plenty of people who have done them now but depends on the age of the cluster as to how difficult it is. Anything up to August 2015 (IIRC) is piece of cake as it uses an older chipset to store VIN and mileage. The newer chipset requires a bit of electronics know how as the chip needs to be removed from the cluster and programmed on a bench. I've debated it for my F11 but still can't justify the cost of a cluster - even 2nd hand they're still a lot of ££.

Providing it's in good condition, you're better to find a slightly older cluster and then just update the I-Step Level on it.

Back
Top Bottom