BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
Is there a way to get the Connected Drive packages cheaper, or over more than 1 year?

They do a sale every November or so but to be honest the package worth getting is the cheaper £99 one anyway - includes map updates as well which makes it fairly good value. The more expensive packages don't seem to add anything that's really worth having.

Man of Honour
wait for black friday...i think BMW did 25% off last year

They do a sale every November or so but to be honest the package worth getting is the cheaper £99 one anyway - includes map updates as well which makes it fairly good value. The more expensive packages don't seem to add anything that's really worth having.

Thanks both. I was looking at the £99 option as for an F80 there really isn't much more worth happening.

Soldato
Get in!!

My Dealer has just called, My car no longer has a technical stop on it and is being released with a delivery date to the dealer of next friday...... He better fill the buggar up for me

Soldato
Had a diagnostic done on my 320d the other day since the engine seemed quite noisy - wanted to be sure it wasn’t the timing chain.

They had the car overnight and did all necessary tests in the morning, and a full health check on brakes, tyres, fault codes and more.

Car came back completely clean, and they said it’s in excellent condition, which was awesome news.

They found the source of the noise, which was a clip on the air filter apparently - it was resonating at certain frequencies and causing the loud noise I was experiencing.

Car was filled with redex advanced cleaner, and it’s running very smoothly (not that it wasn’t before).

Looking forward to many happy miles with it :)

Love iDrive 6, made a big difference.

Soldato
looking at a set of winter wheels and tyres for the 5 series. (g31)

facebook marketplace has thrown up a set of rather cheap if questionable taste 19s in a 5x112 8.5x19 ET35 fox motorsport alloys. not my first choice but with a set of good condition conti winters its very tempting.

any issues that anyone can see with fitment etc ? (tyres are a square 255/35/19 setup compared to my current 255/35 275/40 tyres

Man of Honour
Why mess about with crap aftermarket wheels with strange tyre sizes? Just keep it correct, there is no shortage of decent sets of non M Sport OEM wheels on eBay to which you can then fit decent winter tyres.

Presumably your current wheels are 20 inch.

Soldato
19s. Fox

they cropped up at a very fair price and i'm tempted, certainly a site cheaper than another set of genuine BMW alloys and a set of winters will set me back

Soldato
19s. Fox

they cropped up at a very fair price and i'm tempted, certainly a site cheaper than another set of genuine BMW alloys and a set of winters will set me back

no idea for G series but certainly 18" inch BMW alloys that fit over my 370mm discs/4 pots seem to go for ~200 quid on ebay, so i'd not be messing around with aftermarket....

Man of Honour
19s. Fox

Is the fair price that they are free? If not my point stands. It's too nice a car to be messing around like this, it's worth doing it properly.

It'll be cost neutral anyway as you can sell them when you change the car and probably get all your money back anyway.

Don't forget you'll need the TPMS valves too, which a set of used BMW wheels likely will have already.

Just imagine how crap a newish G31 on Fox Racing wheels would look :D

Back
Top Bottom