BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
fwiw you can actually code in enhanced Bluetooth without adding the extra microphone, for the purpose of having multiple phones. Can code carplay for about £45 too.

Soldato
Is the fair price that they are free? If not my point stands. It's too nice a car to be messing around like this, it's worth doing it properly.

It'll be cost neutral anyway as you can sell them when you change the car and probably get all your money back anyway.

Don't forget you'll need the TPMS valves too, which a set of used BMW wheels likely will have already.

Just imagine how crap a newish G31 on Fox Racing wheels would look :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124830229683?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

thoughts on these for a set of winter rims?

Soldato
You need the WiFi antenna though for CarPlay.

You don't NEED it, but it helps. Also it's about £9 for the antenna. Source - I have carplay coded in my f36, and haven't gotten round to installing the antenna, but carplay works fine as long as the phone is on the bit near the cup holders where wireless charging would be. Gets a bit wobbly if you move it from there.

I've bought this but haven't gotten around to fitting it yet:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YXPFGRC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I thought the G30 square setup was 245/40/19 (And the staggered setup adds a 275/35/19 rear)?

I don't think any 5 Series has had a 255 width 19 inch wheel as an option?

Are you sure they are 5 Series wheels not 3/4 Series (Though the tyre size doesn't sound like 3/4 Series either)

Soldato
I thought the G30 square setup was 245/40/19 (And the staggered setup adds a 275/35/19 rear)?

I don't think any 5 Series has had a 255 width 19 inch wheel as an option?

Are you sure they are 5 Series wheels not 3/4 Series (Though the tyre size doesn't sound like 3/4 Series either)

Current wheels on mine are staggered
245/40 and 275/35

seller adamant their off a G30 and square setup at 255/35 something not right there

Soldato
fwiw you can actually code in enhanced Bluetooth without adding the extra microphone, for the purpose of having multiple phones. Can code carplay for about £45 too.

You have be careful when doing this if it’s coded the iDrive then repeatably gives error codes for the 2nd microphone not being connected and if a dealer tries to update the cars software where the VO coding has been saved to the car it will fail as it can’t connect to the cradle in the armrest. In the early days dealers were replacing wiring looms to try and sort this.

BMW are now wise to this and will reject any warranty claim if you have coded the car for non standard equipment so before any warranty work on the iDrive you need to revert the coding to standard and clear all the error codes.

Soldato
You have be careful when doing this if it’s coded the iDrive then repeatably gives error codes for the 2nd microphone not being connected and if a dealer tries to update the cars software where the VO coding has been saved to the car it will fail as it can’t connect to the cradle in the armrest. In the early days dealers were replacing wiring looms to try and sort this.

BMW are now wise to this and will reject any warranty claim if you have coded the car for non standard equipment so before any warranty work on the iDrive you need to revert the coding to standard and clear all the error codes.

yeah you just revert the coding before it goes in...

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
yeah you just revert the coding before it goes in...

Is it not detectable forever now? Certainly removed remaps are 100% being flagged by ISTA (since about 2018). I was told by the BMW master tech when discussing previous remaps on my M2 that even coding in (and then coding out) folding wing mirrors would cause the prompt to come up in ISTA when the car was connected.

Man of Honour
You don't NEED it, but it helps. Also it's about £9 for the antenna. Source - I have carplay coded in my f36, and haven't gotten round to installing the antenna, but carplay works fine as long as the phone is on the bit near the cup holders where wireless charging would be. Gets a bit wobbly if you move it from there.
Yea not required but definitely helps. If you’re going to the lengths of coding the car you may as well get the antenna for cheap and fit it which isn’t the hardest thing to do. But then as mentioned above BMW can now detect coding and may invalidate any warranty claims against iDrive related faults.

Soldato
Current wheels on mine are staggered
245/40 and 275/35

seller adamant their off a G30 and square setup at 255/35 something not right there
Often square sets of winter tyres are fitted on staggered rims, there is an overlap from 8J to 9J rims of tyres that fit both

255 seems wide for a front though, would expect them to be 225-245 if square.

Looks like ebay listing is over anyway?

Back
Top Bottom