BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Could a current owner please do me a favour.

I have a 2017 G30 with the Connected Drive package - under Map Update on My Vehicle on the website it says there is a new version available (currently showing as EUROPE EVO 2021-3). The problem is I believe I have installed that map version via USB already and I am wondering if that bit of the website updates or just displays the message regardless.

Plays into a bigger question about whether my map updates are actually hold in the car. The software version is showing as 2021-3 but there are loads of roads still missing on my estate that I would have hoped to be included by now.

Soldato
Doesnt seem bad at all given the work you’ve had.

In addition, you’ve essentially had a remap thrown in too!

Well, the remap was the main event really, they mperformance exhaust (which is actually quite different to the mppsk one) is much cheaper. I wouldn't have bothered just for the exhaust.

Soldato

it's actually annoying that BMW set the cold start idle so high - I have a friend with a 440i mppsk with bootmod 3 which allows you to set idle to a 900rpm slow idle, and it's SO much quieter.

Soldato
it's actually annoying that BMW set the cold start idle so high
it does drop to <1000 once the engine warms though...doesn't take long on the B58
but yes...i leave for work ar 0630, and i'm the neighbourhood ******* :cry:

Soldato
it does drop to <1000 once the engine warms though...doesn't take long on the B58
but yes...i leave for work ar 0630, and i'm the neighbourhood ******* :cry:

it takes a good minute or two before it goes into "normal" idle...it's about 20 seconds at very high idle, then another minute at middling. No need for it, the car is otherwise absolutely civilised in comfort mode. It does this even if the engine is already warm too, ie turn engine off and immediately back on again and it'll do the same 20 second -> 1 minute thing again.

Caporegime
Quick film on my phone does it no justice at all. It makes the house shake and if anyone is close they jump and/or stare.

Soldato
i used to think that drivers of cars with loud exhausts were penises
guess i've also joined the club :o

Soldato
Quick film on my phone does it no justice at all. It makes the house shake and if anyone is close they jump and/or stare.

I know what you mean, my Z4 used to be parked up on my drive and the sound bounces off the walls in my cul-de-sac. Neighbours never said anything but I imagine they didn’t like it.