BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Afternoon.

Just a query for other G20/M340i owners and the heated seats. How warm do they get, and how long did this take? My last BMW (and the previous one) the seats heated up relatively quickly and actually got to the point you had to change the setting to low/turn off, but in my current one I am not sure the drivers one is doing much/anything.

If they should be obvious that they are working I will pay a visit to BMW.

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

on both my f36 and the g82 I've driven the seats get too hot to be comfortable very quickly on full.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Aye, my boss mentioned it today so had a look.

It was worth about £31k about a year ago I'm sure when discussing what he owed and the value of it.
These must be shockingly poor value for money? The new X5 is obscenely expensive, but I can't imagine shelling out over £40k for a car that came out in 2013..
I'm looking at spending a similar amount on a Q7, but at least those came out in 2015/6

Associate
on both my f36 and the g82 I've driven the seats get too hot to be comfortable very quickly on full.

I have it booked in at the end of the month to be checked - originally it was the 16th but BMW had booked the insepction at Worthing (where I bought it) and not at my local BMW (Farnborough, I used to goto the one in Hook, but after they washed a previous car with what appeared to be a brillo pad I now avoid them and make it known that they shouldn't ever wash the car when it's in).

I was also made aware that there was a factory recall due anyway (that I hadn't been informed of previously), it's something to do with the front wing/bumper and possible rubbing? That is being done at the same time. I do get a courtesy car whilst it's with them, and I am hopeful it's something interesting :)

Associate
I have a 71 plate X3 330e and paid for the speed camera warnings.
All has worked fine until I noticed recently that they had stopped working.
If I click on the app in the idrive it does not do anything.

Just drove a 300 mile round-trip to Cumbria and back, so hoping I have not been flashed.

Any ideas?

Soldato

Just drove a 300 mile round-trip to Cumbria and back, so hoping I have not been flashed.

Any ideas?
Drive the speed limit? :D

Soldato
Soldato

Any ideas?
Android Auto + waze :p

Caporegime
No Laserlight?

Nah, not worth the £1350 imo. The led lights are good enough, dont need the extra 100m of so of range. I had a budget, something else would have had to go in order to add laser lights. Ideally I would have also liked acoustic glass, soft closing doors, panoramic sunroof and B&W stereo as well but there goes another £8k!!!!!!!!

Soldato
My car’s previous owner picked the same spec I would have done, given the opportunity. However he also passed on the B&W upgrade, which I’m slightly gutted about, but at 3k+ I can understand. Strangely it appears he did think 1k+ for a carbon fibre engine cover was reasonable…

You’ve got to draw the line somewhere.

Caporegime
My car’s previous owner picked the same spec I would have done, given the opportunity. However he also passed on the B&W upgrade, which I’m slightly gutted about, but at 3k+ I can understand. Strangely it appears he did think 1k+ for a carbon fibre engine cover was reasonable…

You’ve got to draw the line somewhere.

Sadly from the beginning of 2021, in the UK only, if you want the £3,500 B&W stereo you have to have the £2,400 LED panoramic sunroof as well. So it becomes a £5,900 option. No idea who at BMW decided that was a good idea or why we wouldnt want the normal £1,500 panoramic sliding sunroof either. Who needs a sunroof with 50,000 colour changing LEDS in it?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Sadly from the beginning of 2021, in the UK only, if you want the £3,500 B&W stereo you have to have the £2,400 LED panoramic sunroof as well. So it becomes a £5,900 option. No idea who at BMW decided that was a good idea or why we wouldnt want the normal £1,500 panoramic sliding sunroof either. Who needs a sunroof with 50,000 colour changing LEDS in it?
Part of their strategy to cut costs most likely.
https://www.ft.com/content/ba93e0c9-ebf0-4266-9683-e817cb866c89

Caporegime

Strange that its UK only though. You can have both sunroofs as options by themselves and get the B&W stereo by itself in the rest of the world. They are built in the states and in the US you can select anything. with anything.

And why only the LED sunroof in the UK? I would imagine the only people who select that have already ticked every single option box available.

Last edited:
Soldato
And why only the LED sunroof in the UK? I would imagine the only people who select that have already ticked every single option box available.

I had to check this roof out to see what it’s all about and I honestly can’t fathom why anyone would want one. Unless you were buying a limo and maybe not even then.

Bizarre restriction as you say.

Back
Top Bottom