BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
If it's amber because of an optional item not being carried out, I sense a class action lawsuit here... that is outrageous that BMW have "dinged" that car forever more with an amber warning.

~26 months before a first service is rough though... I assume this isn't on 2 year service intervals at 12k/miles annum?
IIRC amber means the service was late (either mileage or time), interval on most BMWs is 2 year/18k miles. It would be enough to put me off, surely plenty of other options available.

Soldato
IIRC amber means the service was late (either mileage or time), interval on most BMWs is 2 year/18k miles.
Is it only 2 year servicing if it's motorway miles tho? I remember the Skoda confusion a while back. At <12k per annum I assume city driving and there it's 14 months late on its service!

Like you said, more than enough around to walk past this one...

Man of Honour
Yeah, if you do a load of track days the mileage requirement will come down but I've never seen it change from 18k myself.

Last edited:
Soldato
IIRC amber means the service was late (either mileage or time), interval on most BMWs is 2 year/18k miles. It would be enough to put me off, surely plenty of other options available.
No more available at the moment in that colour and specification.
I'll update when I know more about it's service history

Man of Honour
That first service will have almost certainly been due at 18k, possibly late due to Covid as mentioned, but 24k is a fair bit over. It may not even be a service though, you can't tell from that screen.

Spec looks quite good. It doesn't have the upgraded lights, which may or may not bother you. Comfort seats are one of the best options too, and it doesn't have that.

I would personally only go AUC unless the car was flawless and particularly unusual.

Soldato
This one is highly unusual, amazing spec, won't be to everyone's taste though... but I like it :p

Unlikely to be local but could be worth a trip...

If that was blue, I'd buy it for sure.

I just don't like black cars.

Plus, way too far away

Last edited:
Don
Mabey they can send the car in the post? Lol
No harm in asking, even if you have to pay transport costs to have it delivered to your local dealership to pick it up.

Or enquire with your local dealer - suggest they haven't got any cars in group that you like, but you've seen an approved used bmw at another dealer - they may be able to "buy" it, transport it and the "sell" it to you
(I did this with AU Audi A3 many years back - dealer went to Wales to another franchise to collect one for me as they couldn't source one within group in the colour/spec I wanted)

Associate
Changed cars recently

Part ex’ed my 2010 525d, bought it for £10k in 2017 on 100k miles and part ex’ed for £2k on 165k
t3gtw07.jpeg

Great car, smooth, comfy, refined, loads of space and powerful enough. Overall happy with the reliability but more recently did suffer with the common high mileage N57 problems. Other than tyres and brakes the repairs it had were: rear airbag, crank case pulley failed, rocker cover gasket oil leak, egr/throttle gunked up with carbon, heater blower failed, a couple track rod ends, one headlight let moisture in and one alloy cracked 2 times. Had a few minor niggles, rear parcel shelf was noisy so lived in the garage, driver’s seat creaked.

Considered a few options, needed to be big enough to fit 3 kids and wanted a petrol and a G model

6GT well spec’ed, loads of rear leg room but a bit of a boat

5 Series tourings were comfy, familiar but a bit muted

X5 great cabin and nice seats, wish all cars had big fuel tanks like this but ultimately ruled out as fair bit more expensive to buy, insure and run.

Ended up on a 2018 X3 M40i, ideally wanted one with ID7 and a sunroof but this came up with a factory towbar (rare option but useful for me) priced well at £26k on 51k miles at a non bmw main dealer, so happy to spend less.

ZlzrvcA.jpeg

It’s an early car on an 18plate and has a bit of a strange mix of options, essentially has the m sport plus pack but without the 21” wheels, the tech pack but without the display key and the comfort pack.

Enjoying the extra power and the noise, surprisingly quieter on the motorway compared to the 5 series but that may be because that was a bit old and worn.

Had to change to an iphone to use carplay as no android auto.

Back
Top Bottom