BMW and M Power Owners

I've used Steve Smith a number of times over the years, no complaints apart from he can sometimes be a bit slow at replying and needs a few prods.

I have sent him a message, thanks very much :D

He’s just done rear discs and pads on our Tiguan, £120 vs £500+ that VW wanted.
Bargain, I think the hard work has been done on the car tbf, getting off some awful seized bolts with the car being nearly 30 years old, but it's still a pig of a job, exhaust had to be removed etc so still be a number of hours to get it back together correctly.

That looks a decent spec, Donington Grey is a nice colour too, quite rare. That one is a 730d with the mild hybrid system, so you'll get excellent fuel economy out of it, and it's the slightly newer uprated diesel with 286 bhp (ish), previously 265.

Remember that options aside, you get as standard - 360 cameras, Harman Kardon, Ceramic Controls, Soft-Close doors, heated rear seats and proper 4 zone climate, the standard headlights are full adaptive too, so do the matrix beam stuff.

Driving Assistant Professional is great, you just click the bottom middle button on the left of the steering wheel and it takes over.
Thanks Robbo and Fox.

I drove the 7 series today and it was everything i hoped the 8 would be. I am officially old and prefer comfort and features over noise and adrenalin.
Car my dealer had in stock was great. Had all the extras i wanted and a service pack until June 2026 also. After a bit of haggling we came to agreement.

I pick it up on the 19th.

embed

embed

for some reason still has the old private plates on. Only went through Approved used checks yesterday and they have a few things I've asked them to fix

Last edited:
That 7 looks awesome, enjoy!

Had my M340i in for MOT and vehicle check this morning, passed with no issues and £40 lighter.

Looks tidy. I think they look quite nice too - they get some unfair flack IMHO. It is a land yacht, it has presence, job done.

The grille got a lot of hate, but when you see it in real life against the size of the car, I do think it suits it. Mine is black with the extended shadowline which hides it a bit, but I like the chrome just as much.

The rear looks great with the strip light (unusual on BMWs).

KrYMNpS.jpeg

NJH4fCX.jpeg

Last edited:
That black ivory combo does look fantastic.

The 7 to me felt like an upgrade on my 5 series in all regards.

the only blasphemy i now need to perform is to see if i can get a rear towing hitch for it. My new mountain bike is to heavy to put on the roof so i need a rear mounted bike holder.

If i dont i will have to make do with the Wife's Seat SUV every time i want to go somewhere with my bike. First world problems.

That black ivory combo does look fantastic.

The 7 to me felt like an upgrade on my 5 series in all regards.

the only blasphemy i now need to perform is to see if i can get a rear towing hitch for it. My new mountain bike is to heavy to put on the roof so i need a rear mounted bike holder.

If i dont i will have to make do with the Wife's Seat SUV every time i want to go somewhere with my bike. First world problems.

Thanks, but the black interior is still very nice with the white stitching/piping, and there's a lot of silver/metal around too. I've seen one towing a caravan before so I assume it's possible!

The 5 Series is really all you need which is why the 7 isn't a big seller, but it's definitely just that bit nicer in all areas - and doesn't cost much more Approved Used, so is a relative bargain.

Mine actually has the optional piano black trim, which I don't feel is worth it over the standard fineline black wood, and it does show scratches a lot more. Mine is in very good order though and I will attempt to keep it that way... I always thought it was some sort of plastic, but on the 7 it is actually refined tulip wood, which is effectively lacquered.

Will you make much use of the remote parking? It's pretty fast and works well, but probably isn't that useful. Make sure they have the Display Key though, often they are lost and the dealers will claim it doesn't have one, but it 100% will have done.

I did ask about that as the key we used for a test drive was not a display key.

they said they do have it and they keep the display keys in a safe. They have booked a fair chunk of time for the handover so i will learn about some of the intricacies then. I didn't try remote parking. But did play with the parking assistant.

What tyres does yours have? They offered me an insurance product that covers wheels and tyres. £600 for 3 or 4 years (cant remember) but covers a number of tyre replacements and fixing/replacing wheels in case of damage.

I buckled one of the rims of my 5 and had to replace it. The tyres are also pricey if punctured as run flats cannot be repaired.

this car had pirelli pzero of some description all round.

Last edited:
I did ask about that as the key we used for a test drive was not a display key.

they said they do have it and they keep the display keys in a safe. They have booked a fair chunk of time for the handover so i will learn about some of the intricacies then. I didn't try remote parking. But did play with the parking assistant.

That's good. They are £600 to replace (which is a lot, but I thought it would be more). You will also be able to use the digital key feature (available on cars from July 2020 onwards). The car has loads of features so it'll take a while to familiarise yourself with everything. Make sure you buy the speed camera thing on ConnectedDrive, flashes up on the HUD, £25 a year. DriveRecorder is good too so you effectively have a 360 dash cam running at all times.

What tyres does yours have? They offered me an insurance product that covers wheels and tyres. £600 for 3 or 4 years (cant remember) but covers a number of tyre replacements and fixing/replacing wheels in case of damage.

I buckled one of the rims of my 5 and had to replace it. The tyres are also pricey if punctured as run flats cannot be repaired.

this car had pirelli pzero of some description all round.

I have the Bridgestone S001's. The majority came with the S001's or P Zero's, both very easy to get in BMW* sizes. I'd probably just stick with the P Zero's. I think S001's are more common on the xDrive models (which mine is).

Delete if not allowed, but can anyone recommend any mobile mechanics for BMWs in the Gloucestershire area.

My dad was replacing my clutch on my e36 328i, the clutch etc is all out and removed, but he's not that well anymore and i'd love to get the car back on the road.

It's just a case of putting it all back together with a brand new Valeo SMF clutch conversion, any help is greatly appreciated. It is at my dads friends house (Indoor garage) - Also have some different rear springs that need fitting, as it sits too low.

PFA :D

****!

yes the e36 is gorgeous looks like it's never been on the road - are they all now hiding in garages.
the ergonomics and build in the cabin 30 years is little down on the newest cars, those white leather seats do look comfortable though.

Well ive done it. Wanted to wait till next year and get the m340i, but even then i feel the price with the options I want is too high... damn that shadowline pack flooding the market (all black wheels is an istant no no). Also, I just dont need it... B58 is wonderful, but perhaps i've had my fun in the m140i.

Deposit put down on a 330i, I really wanted in a G20. Priorities are cutting about in relative comfort, and despite the reduction of 2 cylinders, im pretty damn excited!

Last edited:
yes the e36 is gorgeous looks like it's never been on the road - are they all now hiding in garages.
the ergonomics and build in the cabin 30 years is little down on the newest cars, those white leather seats do look comfortable though.
Mine has done about 12,000 miles since 2006, don't see many about now in the condition mine is in, especially hellrot.

Most end up written off by people drifting them / using on track days etc.

One of my favourite cars of all time, just something about them.

So I just bought a really nice example of a BMW 330Ci M Sport, it’s a 2006 but its in immaculate condition, inside and out. Has a full service history going all the way back to day one, has been well looked after.

The car has just clicked over to 120k so I am wondering what I should be considering to be done. Thinking the obvious Oil and filters etc but what else?

Do these engines have a timing belt or chain and does this need changed at this milage?

Just looking for advice on what other owners would recommend and what I should know about a vehicle at this age.

Cheers

qoLYOpy.jpeg

MROFFhQ.jpeg

3wZXYx3.jpeg

g8uRutJ.jpeg

xDLCdCA.jpeg

L4LqOHk.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom