BMW and M Power Owners

The 330e has a small fuel tank and it's main benefit is lower company car tax. I don't think the M340i is materially less fuel efficient than the other petrol 3 series in the range.

Just because you have a powerful car doesn't mean you're uninterested in efficiency.

Just because you have a powerful car doesn't mean you're uninterested in efficiency.
Quite, I need (or want) a car that do both. The fact that the B58 was developed with some sort of witchcraft that means it can deliver 50mpg alongside having the capability for excellent performance makes it absolutely ideal for the "needs everything" type of driver.

Seems such a shame to get a B58 and only focus on economy.

I don't think people are "only focusing on economy", they're responding to a comment doubting that a B58 could deliver close to 50mpg, when anyone who owns one, knows it's easily possible for the engine to do that.

The 330e has a small fuel tank and it's main benefit is lower company car tax. I don't think the M340i is materially less fuel efficient than the other petrol 3 series in the range.

What Maccy is saying, though, is that you’re not buying an M340i if efficiency is higher on your list than power.

I recognise it might only be a few MPG lower, but you’d need to spend another 5k to get the car - you wouldn’t do that for the purpose of wanting a more efficient car than the 330i.

That's not what I'm saying.
My point is that if you're priority is MPG, then it isn't the car for you - go for a hybrid or 330e.

Seems such a shame to get a B58 and only focus on economy.
The surprisingly good economy from the B58 when driven carefully is a bonus but not the reason why I brought one.

The surprisingly good economy from the B58 when driven carefully is a bonus but not the reason why I brought one.
Agreed. It is really nice to be able to get great MPG when on a long trip and just cruising at 70 but when you want to have the fun, it's right there.

I have averaged 30.7mpg with a max of 39.1 and a min of 24 over a tank, across approx 11,000 miles tracked at the pump.

Here is my fuelly profile:

Last edited:
If fuel economy was the main reason you're buying a car you'd be in the diesel Volkswagen thread.

Nothing wrong with chasing fuel economy once you've bought the car though :D

Last edited:
The 330i doesn’t sound a huge amount behind my 320d.

I went to Coventry recently and averaged and indicated 61 MPG with cruise at 70, and dropping where required.

By comparison, the Mini Clubman I drove couldn’t manage more than 40 on a 5 min motorway journey at 70 on cruise.

I guess it’s helped by the abnormally low drag coefficient of the car. From memory it was best in class when released.

Last edited:
My 330i did an average of 26mpg but rarely did any motorway miles. Fantastic engine though loved it.

Does the BMW used approved website load any cars up for anyone else mine just shows loading and nothing loads? not sure what car to go for after the 330i got stolen, loved that car and i couldn't find the same car for the money they paid me out either. That and im not sure i want to chance another break in with it. Frustratingly tough decisions to make.

My 330i did an average of 26mpg but rarely did any motorway miles. Fantastic engine though loved it.

Does the BMW used approved website load any cars up for anyone else mine just shows loading and nothing loads? not sure what car to go for after the 330i got stolen, loved that car and i couldn't find the same car for the money they paid me out either. That and im not sure i want to chance another break in with it. Frustratingly tough decisions to make.
Even after all your research on Motorway and WBAC you got lowballed? Colour me shocked

Even after all your research on Motorway and WBAC you got lowballed? Colour me shocked
lol no I didn’t get low balled, funny enough I made money. That being said the exact car and spec is 1k more than what I got back but it wasn’t very common.

Thanks for the contributions though keep it up

Last edited:
lol no I didn’t get low balled, funny enough I made money. That being said the exact car and spec is 1k more than what I got back but it wasn’t very common.

Thanks for the contributions though keep it up
Made money but can't buy what you had before? That is lost money.

Back
Top Bottom