BMW and M Power Owners

Until it's a week old when it's just a mess of swirl marks :D

The glossy trim on my doors is very annoying to keep looking perfect.

I haven't found the door pillar trim to be too bad for swirling on the F36 to be fair (though the car was ceramic coated fairly shortly before I bought it, which may help?) - the Octavia was crap for it though, polished those a couple of times because just looking at it would put swirl marks on those :p

It is your fault im even thinking of changing it. When i saw yours I just thought it looks better. Maybe because its all black anyways.

Sorry :p

Joe Achilles had a Donington one with the extended shadowline:

One thing I didn't know until I got mine, unlike on a 3-5 Series, the chrome itself is actually black chrome, which looks almost bronze in the sun. Quite unusual. On my previous 5 Series it was black plastic.

Sorry :p

Joe Achilles had a Donington one with the extended shadowline:

One thing I didn't know until I got mine, unlike on a 3-5 Series, the chrome itself is actually black chrome, which looks almost bronze in the sun. Quite unusual. On my previous 5 Series it was black plastic.
Now ive seen it im not sure how i feel.

From far away it sort of remove any detail and looks like a big mass of black.

Now ive seen it im not sure how i feel.

From far away it sort of remove any detail and looks like a big mass of black.

I'd leave it as it is for now, you could always do it in future if you wanted. I like it on mine with the black, but it is quite a pain to keep it all looking good.

Easy question for you lot probably.

Currently have a 21 plate 420i, curiousity got the better of me and checked tyre prices. Every site I check is coming back with 225/40R/18 tyre size, on the car at the moment are 225/45R/18. Price difference of about £50 per tyre, the Goodyear F1 Eagle 6 are £104 fpor the 40R and for the 45R size £155..

Question is, what would happen if I fitted 40R to all four corners, also why are the sites coming back stating that the 40R is the tyre size I should have?

Thanks

The correct tyre size will be on the tyre pressure chart just inside the drivers door.

I'd not advise fitting a size that isn't approved for the car.

Easy question for you lot probably.

Currently have a 21 plate 420i, curiousity got the better of me and checked tyre prices. Every site I check is coming back with 225/40R/18 tyre size, on the car at the moment are 225/45R/18. Price difference of about £50 per tyre, the Goodyear F1 Eagle 6 are £104 fpor the 40R and for the 45R size £155..

Question is, what would happen if I fitted 40R to all four corners, also why are the sites coming back stating that the 40R is the tyre size I should have?

Thanks

I would trust whatever sizes the door sticker on the car says rather than whatever tyre sites are throwing at you, 225/45R18 sounds more likely to be correct to me (perhaps with a 255/40R18 rear if it's staggered)

Back
Top Bottom