BMW and M Power Owners

Why would you want a 4 wheel drive one? It's also a completely basic specification. I'm not really sure a 320i like that has any appeal at all.

If you're going to get a BMW, get a good one, otherwise you end up with all the disadvantages of an old BMW without any of the advantages - the whole point is they do great cars with great engines and great gearboxes that drive really well. A good one is arguably worth putting up with the costs involved as they get older, but I don't see why you'd want to bother with that for a 320i like that. Even that instrument cluster has the really small display.

Unfortunately whilst prices are still high everywhere I'm not going to be forking out for a car over 2020 and new.

As said I'll look for 2015+ models . I'm more concerned about having a good engine, gearbox and clutch system.

Entertainment systems and things like nav units go out of date quickly.

Unfortunately whilst prices are still high everywhere I'm not going to be forking out for a car over 2020 and new.

Nobody said you needed a 2020 - just not a bottom of the range car. What is the appeal of a 320i with zero specification?

That one has plenty of things that will make it annoying to own as an older car - a direct injection system, a turbo, a 4 wheel drive system, yet it offers none of the things that would make it a great car - the engine isn't great, it isn't very powerful, what is the point in it?

I know we keep going round in circles here but you seem to focused on getting the right badge you're going to end up buying a terrible car with the right badge instead of a great car with the wrong one.

Entertainment systems and things like nav units go out of date quickly.

The navigation system isn't that important because you can easily upgrade these - but the rest of the specification is. Why are you buying a BMW if you're not interested in any of the things that makes a BMW great?

Last edited:
Nobody said you needed a 2020 - just not a bottom of the range car. What is the appeal of a 320i with zero specification?

That one has plenty of things that will make it annoying to own as an older car - a direct injection system, a turbo, a 4 wheel drive system, yet it offers none of the things that would make it a great car - the engine isn't great, it isn't very powerful, what is the point in it?

I know we keep going round in circles here but you seem to focused on getting the right badge you're going to end up buying a terrible car with the right badge instead of a great car with the wrong one.

The navigation system isn't that important because you can easily upgrade these - but the rest of the specification is. Why are you buying a BMW if you're not interested in any of the things that makes a BMW great?

Ok I'll keep looking, Im aiming for the B48 engined car.

Does anyone know the best way to get ISTA please? I’ve had to change the TMS module in one of my headlights and it’s still not working, so I wanted to run a diagnostic to see what’s going on.

Back
Top Bottom