BMW and M Power Owners

I reckon coming from an M5 to an E43 was always going to be super odd. E classes varely from "Taxi spec" to decent - the difference in materials is stark. Mine is ebony wood veneer and all leather with matching stitching. Infotainment is hit and miss occasionally but I use a wireless Android Auto dongle.

Reason for swap is bigger boot/more accessible boot space (i.e. tourer).

That’s the general spec he was looking at as he’s a fan of upgraded interior options.

End the end he spent about the same money on a Cayenne and hasn’t looked back.

The estate 3 series is properly nice. I miss mine a lot. I should have channeled my inner Gucci belt owning **** boy and coughed up the extra for the touring version of mine. Split tailgate is *chefs kiss*

That’s the general spec he was looking at as he’s a fan of upgraded interior options.

End the end he spent about the same money on a Cayenne and hasn’t looked back.

The estate 3 series is properly nice. I miss mine a lot. I should have channeled my inner Gucci belt owning **** boy and coughed up the extra for the touring version of mine. Split tailgate is *chefs kiss*
The only problem with that boot arrangement is they seem to get targeted in central London. So easy to pop the glass and get into the boot vs. the saloon being a "secure boot".

tourer boot doesn't look any more vulnerable than an SUV - didn't jemmy itV, just, don't leave a bag of swag
always leave some decoy material in the boot anyway +boot cover has been sat in the garage since year dot .

e: afterthought is rear window not laminated.

Last edited:
tourer boot doesn't look any more vulnerable than an SUV
I think the height advantage is a minor benefit. The tourer is a lot lower to ground/bit more discrete. Any, your mileage my vary - I have had bosses consistently drive tourers for some reason, who have all been "done" parking on London.

I think I won the courtesy car lottery today. My car is with BMW all week for a couple of warranty issues, so I dropped it off - "I'll just fetch your courtesy car, sir"

I awaited the arrival of the inevitable 220i Active Tourer... but no...

FPLNUnS.jpeg

drgu1m8.jpeg

An Alpina B3 Touring will do very nicely indeed! :p It's brilliant as you'd expect, not as firm or aggressive as an M3, but just as capable on the road.

Looking for a G20 3 series for a friend, 320i/330i/330e. Does anyone know the must have options above M Sport trim?

Thanks

Technology Pack - gives you head up display, upgraded audio and a few other less important things.
Visibility Pack - much better headlights which look far nicer as well.

Watch out for 2021/2022 cars produced during the parts shortage - the technology pack will be missing the head up display and the upgraded audio on some of these cars as they were held back for the M Performance cars.

I think I won the courtesy car lottery today. My car is with BMW all week for a couple of warranty issues, so I dropped it off - "I'll just fetch your courtesy car, sir"

FPLNUnS.jpeg

drgu1m8.jpeg

An Alpina B3 Touring will do very nicely indeed! :p It's brilliant as you'd expect, not as firm or aggressive as an M3, but just as capable on the road.

Better than the M3 for the road IMO

Reactions: mjt

FPLNUnS.jpeg

drgu1m8.jpeg

Very nice. It’s on my possible next car list.

Technology Pack - gives you head up display, upgraded audio and a few other less important things.
Visibility Pack - much better headlights which look far nicer as well.

Watch out for 2021/2022 cars produced during the parts shortage - the technology pack will be missing the head up display and the upgraded audio on some of these cars as they were held back for the M Performance cars.
Thanks, already found one with Tech pack but no H/K just now.

That's very impressive, beats the crappy 1 series I get every time

can he nearly do a swap for his M4 - is it.

leather and pan roof will sway me vs other options on the ongoing search for vanilla touring
just the negative of rear window break-ins now and a bit more money versus saloon, but win interior practicality/light/exterior lines.

If its still there on Friday i'm going to head a couple of hours to look at this : https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/202409013531858?quoteref=5cb1af60-ee70-4cb0-a7e9-ee707b442167 but one thing i'm not sure spec wise is if it has a reverse camera? For me it's something that'll stop me going to take a look. Usually the pics show it on the i drive or its called out so i am guessing it doesn't have it?
*edit i think i can see a camera just to the right of the bmw badge at the back maybe?

Last edited:
If its still there on Friday i'm going to head a couple of hours to look at this : https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/202409013531858?quoteref=5cb1af60-ee70-4cb0-a7e9-ee707b442167 but one thing i'm not sure spec wise is if it has a reverse camera? For me it's something that'll stop me going to take a look. Usually the pics show it on the i drive or its called out so i am guessing it doesn't have it?
*edit i think i can see a camera just to the right of the bmw badge at the back maybe?
You can see the camera in the second picture

It's standard on these, as well as the Reversing Assistant stuff.

Back
Top Bottom