BMW and M Power Owners

Rang my local BMW yesterday they said they have one coming in, got a call today to say it's arrived but they've not started prep yet.
2019 plate with less than 20k miles (he doesn't say how many exactly) with Shadowline Plus and Tech pack. The black wheels wouldn't be my first choice so would like re-spray at some point. Cars in Oxide Grey
They're after 33,490 for it. Comfort pack / light pack would have been a nice to have but Tech Pack is the only one i would really need

Does the less miles negate the less packs? They're offering 6k for mine which is what Audi offered, WBAC have it at 7600 and motorway have it a bit over 8 so going to head to WBAC see what they'll actually offer/

That doesn't seem amazing in comparison to what else is out there - I notice there is another 2021 on the BMW site with Comfort, Technology and Visibility pack - the same specification as the one you missed - for about £32k. It's on 30k miles, but in this scenario I'd personally rather have 10k more miles than a 2019 instead of a 2021. There are also 2 others of the same specification and year but with under 20k miles for just under £35k.

There are 5 cars at present with that combination of packs on the BMW site - although one is a diesel and one has the black wheels.

A 2019 car is somewhat older than these and won't be a mild hybrid version either, if that is important to you.

Last edited:
Cheers guys my gut feel was newer with more miles and better packs would be the way to go. Think the one for 32k if the peterborough one is already sold.
Around the mild hybrid I supoose the answer is no idea haha will have a read up

Rang my local BMW yesterday they said they have one coming in, got a call today to say it's arrived but they've not started prep yet.
2019 plate with less than 20k miles (he doesn't say how many exactly) with Shadowline Plus and Tech pack. The black wheels wouldn't be my first choice so would like re-spray at some point. Cars in Oxide Grey
They're after 33,490 for it. Comfort pack / light pack would have been a nice to have but Tech Pack is the only one i would really need

Does the less miles negate the less packs? They're offering 6k for mine which is what Audi offered, WBAC have it at 7600 and motorway have it a bit over 8 so going to head to WBAC see what they'll actually offer/

Seems a lowball trade in, they should at least match WBAC. Judging by reviews, if you sell to one of those companies, Motorway seems a good bet.
Just be honest with your description and photograph anything not perfect to avoid a last minute price drop.
As its local, make an appointment to look at the car before prep, it will give you a better idea of previous owners treatment.
The black wheels may grow on you (I wasn't sure on mine at first, but now I think they work well). If not a repaint shouldn't be to expensive, or use them as a winter set if that is something you do.
Either way, if the rest of the car is what you want, I wouldn't make wheel colour a deal breaker.

Last edited:
I found when buying mine that trading the car in was a waste of time. My car was in perfect condition, there wasn't a mark on it anywhere, it had 4 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres and completely perfect BMW service history from new. I am confident it was one of the best around in terms of condition.

This made absolutely no difference - I received rubbish trade in offers from almost everywhere and nobody was really interested. One I almost bought I got the usual 'wow, this is in such great condition, we don't see many as good as this' before then offering me below book for the trade in. Great.

So I sold it using one of the car buying services instead, got more, and then bought the new car without any trade in at all. I think trading in probably only works if your car is in average condition for its year as realistically thats all they're going to give you.

Motorway makes you take pics using their app btw.
Yep, but not really an issue as as soon as it sold you can delete the app.
I found when buying mine that trading the car in was a waste of time. My car was in perfect condition, there wasn't a mark on it anywhere, it had 4 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres and completely perfect BMW service history from new. I am confident it was one of the best around in terms of condition.

This made absolutely no difference - I received rubbish trade in offers from almost everywhere and nobody was really interested. One I almost bought I got the usual 'wow, this is in such great condition, we don't see many as good as this' before then offering me below book for the trade in. Great.

So I sold it using one of the car buying services instead, got more, and then bought the new car without any trade in at all. I think trading in probably only works if your car is in average condition for its year as realistically thats all they're going to give you.
I agree, all of my recent changes the car has been low miles and unmarked, but trade in prices have never been great. I have always managed to get a little haggling done to negate that. But it seems harder these days, especially if you are not taking out a finance agreement.

Last edited:
Anyone done engine mount replacement on an F3X 330/335 XDrive? I know on RWD models you don't need to drop the front subframe, but few people on foreign forums I spoke to, all say its easier to drop the front subframe during replacement. I'm going to take it apart and inspect it tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone on here has done it and only lifted the engine up without dropping the front subframe?

Why are you changing it ?

Reason I ask is on my old one started getting vibrations in the cabin at idle. Dealer wanted to replace the engine mounts which they did and needed a wheel alignment which the warranty wouldn't pay for so assume they dropped the subframe it made zero difference, they are vacuum fed to go soft under 1100-1200 revs to reduce cabin vibrations.

It had a vacuum leak they were a bit vague where it was, the vacuum system feeds the brake boaster, engine mounts and EGR cooler. They'd recently replaced the EGR cooler so I recon they made an arse of it.

Why are you changing it ?

Reason I ask is on my old one started getting vibrations in the cabin at idle. Dealer wanted to replace the engine mounts which they did and needed a wheel alignment which the warranty wouldn't pay for so assume they dropped the subframe it made zero difference, they are vacuum fed to go soft under 1100-1200 revs to reduce cabin vibrations.

It had a vacuum leak they were a bit vague where it was, the vacuum system feeds the brake boaster, engine mounts and EGR cooler. They'd recently replaced the EGR cooler so I recon they made an arse of it.
That's literally the reason why, vibrations, one of my friends suggested the vacuum system too, so you might be onto something! The EGR cooler was done awhile ago, I only noticed the vibrations fairly recently after doing a Euro Trip, the vibrations become noticeable at any speed above 30-40mph.

Visual inspection isn't showing any fluid leaks or collapsing of the mounts, but even in ISTA it states that the mounts can fail without any visual signs.

I might get a smoke tester to try and pin point a potential leak, had one in the past but sold it...

Edit:

Did you have any error/fault codes?

Last edited:
Placed my order for the LCI M240i yesterday, due Nov/Dec apparently. Went for Portimao Blue with the Tech Pack, Pro Pack, M Tech Pack, HK. Adaptive susp, Heated steering wheel and M Sport Seats. Good discounts through DTD at the moment!
So we found out last week that we are expecting our first baby! Panicked and immediately cancelled my order :D now on the hunt for a used M340i or X3 M40i. Got plenty of time so no immediate rush!

So we found out last week that we are expecting our first baby! Panicked and immediately cancelled my order :D now on the hunt for a used M340i or X3 M40i. Got plenty of time so no immediate rush!
@Maccy will be selling his in December, looks clean.

Have a boring grey BMW then @Uncle_Gravy :D

SIrUBzs.jpg

Congrats! 3 Series is quite low - something to bear in mind when lifting a baby in and out of the car. Not sure about boot space, but the X3 will be much easier to get in and out of - for pregnant partner and for (un)loading baby/toddler.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom