BMW and M Power Owners

£932 for the comprehensive cover.. Is that going to be the best option
Yes

The car hasn't had any warranty work apart from a recall and a wing mirror indicator that let go within the first week.
Past performance is not indicative of future performance :P
You'd be regretting not getting the comprehensive warranty if something expensive blows suddenly

Last edited:
So my M5Comp is coming up to 3 years old, Thats flown by. Had the extended warranty letter come through. £932 for the comprehensive cover.. Is that going to be the best option. The car hasn't had any warranty work apart from a recall and a wing mirror indicator that let go within the first week.
That's cheap for an M5, is that comprehensive with breakdown? What's the excess? My F80 with comprehensive, breakdown, £250 excess was over £900 I think.

So my M5Comp is coming up to 3 years old, Thats flown by. Had the extended warranty letter come through. £932 for the comprehensive cover.. Is that going to be the best option. The car hasn't had any warranty work apart from a recall and a wing mirror indicator that let go within the first week.

That is incredibly cheap, what excess was that with?

That's cheap for an M5, is that comprehensive with breakdown? What's the excess? My F80 with comprehensive, breakdown, £250 excess was over £900 I think.

I haven't checked recently, but a couple of years ago all M cars were a flat rate. M2 and M5 the same cost.

Never seen that. That would have made an M8 Competition cheaper than an 840 diesel?

The warranty website isn't working, so I can't check, but I remember posting about it last year:

I've just done a quick comparison between a 2019 M2 and M5 (randomly picked off Autotrader) and they are both £1982.00 per year each - at 25k miles. £100 excess.

Over 60k miles that goes up to £4778.00.

The renewal discount would knock off 15-20% or so.

If I can get on, I'll compare an M8 to an 840d.

ZsQHvEu.jpeg

Anyone seen this level of corrosion? :S

That is incredibly cheap, what excess was that with?
£250 Excess and Breakdown cover too

I'll grab a screenshot when the site works again.
Its only done 22400 miles so barely run in....

Last edited:
Would one of the "Pack Gurus" please be able to tell me what the actual packs are on this car please?

Please don't even consider this abomination.

'Cocaine dealer "M" Black Everything Pack' is not a good option or look :p

It's also an X4, which makes no sense as a car. It's like it got stuck 70% of the way, morphing from a 3 series into an X3.

This is big money for such a thing, plus when buying a used BMW you really want to get one approved used, so you get 1 year BMW warranty with it.

You can get a G05 X5 for that kinda money and they are a much nicer place to be inside than the X3/X4. Once you have an X5 you will then have the ability to be either:

1. Local "Snow Dealer" Manager.
2. Double yellow line half up kerb by school parking God.

Last edited:
Any older BMW fans here ever had an e36 328i AUTO?

There is one local to me and i'm tempted to go take a look, but was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with an older auto box, i've only ever had my e36s in manual and I wouldn't wanna go through the effort of a swap.

I know I know I can go test drive it but thought i'd ask before I do!

Renewed my warranty for my M340i earlier, it’s gone down by about £70 for the year.

Was this a renewal of a policy you took out as a new policy? There is a discount for that, but if it wasn't this is quite unusual as they never seem to reduce the price and only increased it a few months ago.

What were you paying and what is it now? Which policy type is that?

Was this a renewal of a policy you took out as a new policy? There is a discount for that, but if it wasn't this is quite unusual as they never seem to reduce the price and only increased it a few months ago.

What were you paying and what is it now? Which policy type is that?
Yes renewal from last year, it was £557 last year and actually more than £70 cheaper this year, I think it was about £467? I’m paying monthly now as it goes in a few months.

It’s the fully comp policy with roadside assist, £250 excess.

A pleasant surprise, I’ve been used to paying £1300 for my Mercedes E63S so below £1k is nice albeit with an excess.

Ok, so, warranty costs (as per BMW insured warranty website) - this won't take into account any renewal discounts, which I think are around 15/20% but that's not clear - perhaps they are now more generous based on mattyg's quote?

So a new policy -

2020 840d xDrive Coupe - Comprehensive, £100 Excess, Roadside Assistance, 25k miles - £2825.00 per year.

2020 M8 Competition Coupe - Comprehensive, £100 Excess, Roadside Assistance, 25k miles - £2825.00 per year.

2020 M2 Comp - Comprehensive, £100 Excess, Roadside Assistance, 25k miles - £2121.00 per year.

2020 M5 Comp - Comprehensive, £100 Excess, Roadside Assistance, 25k miles - £2121.00 per year.

So based on this limited research, it looks like M cars do have a flat rate, unless it's an 8 Series, then you get ripped off even more. :p They do seem to have changed the costs recently as well.

Never seen that. That would have made an M8 Competition cheaper than an 840 diesel?

Last edited:
Looking for advice on warranty.

Had quotes for my M2...

Comprehensive:
£0 excess £1309
£100 excess £995
£250 excess £793

Named component:
£0 - £1034
£100 - £827
£250 - £666

All above exclude roadside assistance, as I have AA cover via bank account.

There's also driveline, however I am not tempted as the claim limit is £5000, which I don't think would cover a 'major failure' of DCT gearbox or engine

I am tempted by named with £100 excess, however are there any major components that I would be missing out on that I should go for comprehensive for? I know all the screen, interior bits etc wouldn't be covered but my major concern is engine, gearbox, and diff.
These are the prices I got back in April, for a renewal on an M2 non-comp. Surprises me if the £100 excess is double the price at over £2k!
Prices did go up shortly after this, but around £50-100 across the board.

EDIT: TBF, no roadside assistance included as well... so maybe it adds up!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom