BMW and M Power Owners

The best adaptive feature IMO is the cornering functionality. Very handing having the light move in the direction the car is turning, like on your Tiguan.
Yeah, another reason. I remember driving on some back roads in Cheshire last year and I really struggled with knowing where the road was going.
yeah, it's going to be a big jump ;)
Nice. I thought the light output between LED and adaptive LED was the same, the difference being that the adaptive can move and the looks.
The icons are excellent
As an aside, will bmw not moan if you have to do a warranty claim?
I have the warranty for big ticket items such as turbos, cam sensor etc. I highly doubt they'd invalidate those items because I've changed the headlights.

(i'm of the assumption that the f80 uses the same clusters as the f3x)
I’m pretty sure they do. Every set I’ve seen advertised shows compatibility between F30/F80 etc.

It wouldn’t make much sense for BMW to make an M only unit, although I think the GTs has its own rear ones at least but that’s a different beast entirely.

hadn't seen the new x3 grill, with diagonal components - 20i power 210bhp , meh ambiant lighting for generation Hue, would prefer the new e:vegas sunset red paint colour;

demise of laser lights on 3 series anyway, too expensive ?, as the earlier article reiterated it's not lumens that count, but flux density where you need the headlight.

Last edited:
Not something I'd considered to be honest, but part of me thinks all seasons are the worst of both worlds. Had some Vector 2s years ago on a 150bhp Golf VI and they were *****.
If I want to drift to work every morning I'll keep my knackered Pilot Sports :p

You might find this an interesting watch:

Test of the latest crop of All Seasons against a reference UHP summer tyre (looks like Pirelli P Zero) and a few winter tyres (I think there's a follow up test focusing on the winters)

As you might expect, the summer is dreadful in snow and ice, whereas the all seasons perform very respectably compared to the winter tyres. Wet and dry handling/braking the summer tyre is better but by less than you might think, the all seasons aren't a million miles behind. Cold (8C) wet braking a couple of them outperform the summer.

Reflects my own experience of this new breed of all seasons making great 'UK winter' tyres if you're wanting to drop UHP summers over the winter period and get a bit of bad winter weather security. For anyone not demanding maximum summer performance too, they're definitely a viable all year round solution.

demise of laser lights on 3 series anyway, too expensive ?, as the earlier article reiterated it's not lumens that count, but flux density where you need the headlight.

to wit - google search threw this - bmw laser light test, that concludes bmw laser not as good on flux as a matrix skoda suberb https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1749803
so points straight down road better lit in a skoda, and it looks like better coverage too; perhaps result wouldn't be duplicated on low beam.

It’s rare to get to the conditions you need for laser lights anyway. I could get them to work in a iX on my usual stretch where there’s no streetlights and minimal traffic. I got them to
Work on a Velar once. Had to be +50mph, no cars, no streetlights, most people won’t see them operate which limits justification on something like a 3 series.

Laser complement the main beam system anyway, it’s not an instead of.

After what must be at least a year of looking, I finally found a set of LCI ICON Adaptive headlights for my car. When it's dark, I find myself grabbing the keys to the Tiguan because it has the fancy move around lights on it and I do struggle in the F80 on dark lanes.

I've seen a fair few for sale, mostly either repaired or damaged, stupid money, Chinese modules, or something didn't sit right with the seller. Saw a set on the Facebook group yesterday, turns out I know the guy. He was delivering an engine near me and said he'd drop them off.

Will they be worth the money? Who knows, they're not cheap. At least I know I'll be able to recoup what I paid, or it'll make the car more desirable when it comes to sell. And I do enjoy the lights in the Tiguan dancing around and from what I gather the BMW system is better.

IMG-0115.jpg
Out of interest, was the guy selling them privately? I’m looking to buy a replacement headlight for my F11 (obviously a completely different part) and German Parts look to have it at a decent price.

Last edited:
Out of interest, was the guy selling them privately? I’m looking to buy a replacement headlight for my F11 (obviously a completely different part) and German Parts look to have it at a decent price.
From a breaker, he listed them on the M3 owners page on Facebook.

You might find this an interesting watch:

Test of the latest crop of All Seasons against a reference UHP summer tyre (looks like Pirelli P Zero) and a few winter tyres (I think there's a follow up test focusing on the winters)

As you might expect, the summer is dreadful in snow and ice, whereas the all seasons perform very respectably compared to the winter tyres. Wet and dry handling/braking the summer tyre is better but by less than you might think, the all seasons aren't a million miles behind. Cold (8C) wet braking a couple of them outperform the summer.

Reflects my own experience of this new breed of all seasons making great 'UK winter' tyres if you're wanting to drop UHP summers over the winter period and get a bit of bad winter weather security. For anyone not demanding maximum summer performance too, they're definitely a viable all year round solution.
Good to know, thanks for sharing.
Will probably run with the 2019 Michelin Alpins that came with the 2nd hand wheels and then if they're terrible I'll have a think.

Last edited:
First time owning a BMW and like most cars I buy, I got this purely because it was incredibly cheap rather than because I actually wanted one. I'm probably going to sell it on for a profit but in case I keep it, what are these like reliability-wise? It a 2014 535i and supposedly has 47k miles which I'm not completely convinced by as although the interior looks very good, I'm not sure it looks 47k miles of good. I'd say it definitely has under 100k though.

It drives really nicely, only warnings are for a low battery in one of the keys and low washer fluid, I guess I need to buy the special BMW screenwash right?

IMG-0847.jpg

IMG-0850.jpg

IMG-0855.jpg

I guess I need to buy the special BMW screenwash right?
As also a new owner to BMW, I too would like to know this.
I know VAG cars have their own recommended stuff which I have a supply of from previous and wifes current car, no idea if it is different to the BMW stuff at all ?
And I can not obviously see if the "1L BMW Genuine Car Window Windscreen Wash Clean Antifreeze 83125A85517" is premix or concentrated, can anyone enlighten me, and if concentrated, how many parts water to fluid for a typical UK winter ?

As also a new owner to BMW, I too would like to know this.
I know VAG cars have their own recommended stuff which I have a supply of from previous and wifes current car, no idea if it is different to the BMW stuff at all ?
And I can not obviously see if the "1L BMW Genuine Car Window Windscreen Wash Clean Antifreeze 83125A85517" is premix or concentrated, can anyone enlighten me, and if concentrated, how many parts water to fluid for a typical UK winter ?

Get this one - £19.88 atm with code "SEPTSAVE20"

The official dilution rate is:
1727169538740.png

1 part screen wash : 2 parts water is good to -12C.

Other than Winter, 1:3 is still probably fine, and at that rate works out similar pricing to Supermarket screenwash (if not cheaper)

Back
Top Bottom