BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Golf tee mod?

Hahaha e45 :D

Exhaust butterfly actuator line disconnected and golf tee to plug it. Makes it open all the time. I don't play golf so a bolt sufficed. Releases a bit of nice 6cyl noise around town, introduces an annoying drone in the cabin when cruising at speed. Normally it opens over 3k and with a bit of throttle opening.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Even the 328i exhaust on the 4cyl is not drone filled. I found the increased noise to be a welcome addition. Only deep at high revs but the moment you get to motorway speeds it subdued into normal ambient noise. The butterfly valve is permenantly open on 4cyl too.

Soldato
Just bought a Z4, for no particular reason other than I thought it might be fun once spring / summer comes round and it seemed a good deal.

Pics / spec to follow (pick it up on Saturday)

I await the 'omg you bought an old gen BMW and it's got old tech and it's old and it sucks and how much for a haircut?' :p

Soldato
Just bought a Z4, for no particular reason other than I thought it might be fun once spring / summer comes round and it seemed a good deal.

Pics / spec to follow (pick it up on Saturday)

I await the 'omg you bought an old gen BMW and it's got old tech and it's old and it sucks and how much for a haircut?' :p

How old?

Man of Honour

Why would you await that? That sort of comment is only for people doing random stuff like spending £25,000 on E90 335d's or something. A decent 06 Z4 at a good price is a great car.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;27484424 said:
Why would you await that? That sort of comment is only for people doing random stuff like spending £25,000 on E90 335d's or something. A decent 06 Z4 at a good price is a great car.

You can pick up well specced F30/F31 335d M Sports for a shade over £30k now, I can't comprehend anyone spending £25k on an E90.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;27484424 said:

Not from you lol, I'm sure there are others that will moan at the fact that I bought this particular car lol, you do see it on here :)

And indeed 25k on an E90 (unless an M3 to be fair) is mental of course (IMO)

Full details with pics at the weekend - as to be honest I'm not even sure what options it came with, this was a very quickly made deal due to the actual model / condition and price... the toys it has or doesn't have can be checked out once I get it, and certainly don't bother me, it's not what I got it for lol, anything it has above standard spec = bonus.

Soldato
OP
Not from you lol, I'm sure there are others that will moan at the fact that I bought this particular car lol, you do see it on here :)

And indeed 25k on an E90 (unless an M3 to be fair) is mental of course (IMO)

Full details with pics at the weekend - as to be honest I'm not even sure what options it came with, this was a very quickly made deal due to the actual model / condition and price... the toys it has or doesn't have can be checked out once I get it, and certainly don't bother me, it's not what I got it for lol, anything it has above standard spec = bonus.

Did you leave them a refundable deposit depending on whether is it as described?

Soldato
Did you leave them a refundable deposit depending on whether is it as described?

yup, plus I've been given plenty of extra pics of certain areas of the car prone to wear. low mileage and full bmwsh helps my confidence all will be well too.

obviously any major issues and then I can delete the 'I have bought a Z4' post :p

Soldato
I'm going to look at this tomorrow. I've spoken to the seller, He wants around 20k 'buy it now' If all goes well I think I'll offer maybe 18.5 there and then. Seem about right?
I did a HPI check and all fine except a typo..

I'll be getting a warranty from BMW if I purchase but is there anything I should look out for?

I bought it! Well put a deposit down, 18.5 was the lowest he'd go, I see some with higher mileage for around 20-21 so I'm happy, Going back later to pick it up, Cant wait :D

As it's a manual, I'm in 2 minds if I should pay £125 PM for comp warranty or chuck that 125 into a savings account monthly for when things inevitably crop up, Hmm..

Soldato
OP
I bought it! Well put a deposit down, 18.5 was the lowest he'd go, I see some with higher mileage for around 20-21 so I'm happy, Going back later to pick it up, Cant wait :D

As it's a manual, I'm in 2 minds if I should pay £125 PM for comp warranty or chuck that 125 into a savings account monthly for when things inevitably crop up, Hmm..

Pay for the warranty. Is that comprehensive with no excess? My E92 M3 was less than that, but that was in 2011/12 so prices may have gone up.

E92 M3's are reasonably robust, but when something breaks it's going to cost you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom