BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Yeah it seems to have gone up from £85 PM to £125 PM a couple months back, On cars over 60k its £250! That's comprehensive with roadside recovery & £100 excess.

I thought 85 pm was reasonable but 125 hmm not so much.. I think I'll warranty it for peace of mind.

Cheers

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
I bought it! Well put a deposit down, 18.5 was the lowest he'd go, I see some with higher mileage for around 20-21 so I'm happy, Going back later to pick it up, Cant wait :D

As it's a manual, I'm in 2 minds if I should pay £125 PM for comp warranty or chuck that 125 into a savings account monthly for when things inevitably crop up, Hmm..

Enjoy :) Curious to hear how you get on with the manual box and if you ever have a "I wish I bought a DCT" moment.

Soldato
OP
Guys, I topped up the coolant today on the 330d after the coolant light came on. It wasn't particularly low, in fact it was just below the mid point. However the coolant light is still on and there has been no visible loss of coolant after driving 40 miles. Could this be a simple case of the sensor needing replacing?

Soldato
Sounds like it though I don't know if the BMW would only display the one light - do you have a copy of inpa to run the codes?

Edit - the sensors are very cheap if you wanted to just try it

Soldato
OP
Sounds like it though I don't know if the BMW would only display the one light - do you have a copy of inpa to run the codes?

Edit - the sensors are very cheap if you wanted to just try it

I bought a cable and software off ebay to read codes and do some simple coding but I don't have a windows computer. Thought it might work with Mac but it doesn't :( the sensor is only a tenner from GSF. I might give it a go.

I've spent a grand on this car in a week due to all new front brakes and calipers, plus needing a new crank shaft pulley. I dont think it's going to end anytime soon either, this car is turning into a money pit.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
3 cylinder?

Also a shame they kept the spade face front end still and bulky bug eye lenses.

Never was a fan of the 1 series and never will by the looks of it. Hidious things.

Soldato
Yes 3 cylinder engines, new 500cc per pot family which first appeared in the MINI F56.

Gives some good indication of what the 3 series LCI might offer and some numbers... Glad to see the 2.0 with only 150bhp AND auto is their 99g variant. Be interesting to see what the 3 has for it's 99g offering although it is more aerodynamic that the 1 series.

EDIT: Not sure if I have the CO2 for the auto/manual the correct way round but original I read this link and forgot to attach to the post.

http://www.netcarshow.com/bmw/2016-1-series/

Last edited:
Soldato
The face is indeed a bit better, think I'd need to see it in the metal to judge it properly though.

I assume it's the same or a variant of the engine in the "Active tourer (what were they thinking..)", in which case it gets a very good write up.

Soldato
Front end has a touch of the X series to it, and rear looks a lot like the F10 estate and the interior looks identical.

Hopefully this will drive down pre LCI prices!

Soldato
I bought a cable and software off ebay to read codes and do some simple coding but I don't have a windows computer. Thought it might work with Mac but it doesn't :( the sensor is only a tenner from GSF. I might give it a go.

I've spent a grand on this car in a week due to all new front brakes and calipers, plus needing a new crank shaft pulley. I dont think it's going to end anytime soon either, this car is turning into a money pit.

I think it's possible within a VM but otherwise you might be out of luck:(

Back
Top Bottom