BMW and M Power Owners

Picked up the Z4 on Saturday. Some mission lol, grabbed it from near Bristol, but the flight from Edinburgh to Bristol got diverted to Cardiff due to snow. Then an interesting drive back to Edinburgh in some pretty poor weather lol.

Anyway, 2006 3.0 Si (265bhp model).

60k on clock, full bmw service history, seems overall in good nick, hood seems to have been very well looked after. Dead chuffed with it for the price.

550i, my company car for the weekend. I didn't think I'd get to experience a car of this power until I was a lot older and I have to say. Wow.
Its very comfortable to cruise around in but when you plant your foot the power this V8 delivers is absolutely brutal.
Took me most of today to stop being terrified and start to enjoy hooning in it!
yzZ1iDa.jpg
3sHiWxm.jpg

Stop making me want to ***** money on nice things!

Very safe and the car felt tight, you also probably noticed from my schoolgirl-like giggling that I enjoyed the exhaust note too :D

shaank - Z4 looks very good, albeit a bit cold for sunny Scotland!

:D I've been taking people out all weekend and the grins keep growing every time the rev counter climbs above 3000rpm. Love it!

In need of doing some refresh work on my E46 as I don't think we'll go for a new car as planned.

Key things are bushes, wheel refurb, and tyres.

I presume F1 AS2's are still the tyre of choice?

Refurb will probably be done at a local place, as will the bushes. I presume for a standard finish on MV1's I'd be looking at about £300 for the refurb ?

As these are heavy on bushes I'll do the lot if I'm going to bother doing the rest and keeping it a while. Presume I'm talking about 5-600 ish for all of them along with labour and a geometry check at the end ?

Driving the 550i is making me want to spend a large sum too.. And I think it will be for sale soon according to our managing director. It's just sitting around now hes got his new M6. (I'll have to work on borrowing that one..)
I'm a manual lover, its the only thing I'd change about this car. :) I'm going to be sad to give it back tomorrow, but it'll be somewhat of a relief to get my beloved E30 back. :P

In need of doing some refresh work on my E46 as I don't think we'll go for a new car as planned.

Key things are bushes, wheel refurb, and tyres.

I presume F1 AS2's are still the tyre of choice?

Refurb will probably be done at a local place, as will the bushes. I presume for a standard finish on MV1's I'd be looking at about £300 for the refurb ?

As these are heavy on bushes I'll do the lot if I'm going to bother doing the rest and keeping it a while. Presume I'm talking about 5-600 ish for all of them along with labour and a geometry check at the end ?

Just to say, it's worth polybushing the front arms. I went through two pairs of TRW bushes in six months. The polybushes have been great so far, with little additional noise or harshness.

On the contarary I'd rather pay the money for a whole new arm than just polybushing a particular part of it.

Something like a Meyle HD arm and bush should be rated to atleast 60-80k.

Back
Top Bottom