BMW and M Power Owners

As standard they don't rev quite that high - 7.5 or 8k iirc (though hardly going to make much difference really unless it's been tweaked for it)

Last edited:
I swapped my control arms for Meyle HD ones, and fitted Powerflex poly bushes at the same time. Haven't had any issues since, though the poly bushes are firmer than stock and you will notice them being there. I love how the car handles so it's an acceptable trade off for me, but ymmv!

Haha true, I know it's quite a bit over book but I've had offers from traders for what I think is the book value but the main reason is the amount of enquiries I've had seem to suggest it's quite a sort after car with the low miles and options being the appeal - people don't seem to like the colour or the wheels but other than that every one who has come to view has commented how new it looks and feels - with a new clutch that 's a major expense they won't have to worry about which is why I'm thinking I can then put it up for what I originally wanted to rather than it's current price... or at least sell it for its advertised price rather than allow a haggle.

As you can probably tell I have no idea what I'm doing haha

In your informed oppinion, how much would you let it go for?

How many miles has it got on it now?

My M5 going in for:

"0011450300 - BMW (UK) - Quality Enhancement - Retrofit heat
protection mat to coolant lines - F06 F10 F12 F13 with S63T"

Dealer told me about it in December but didn’t have time so going in now. Said it would be three hours work and they'll keep it until the following day to ensure that there are no leaks.

Because it has 2 ball joints in there.

What do you do once you've polybushed the front and after 2k you get a shimmy? Do you start inspecting balljoints?

Fair enough :) Guess it'd have to depend on how quickly you were going through bushes and how new the arm still was.

The bush is separate from the arm, you can still do both.

Nope, what he' saying is that the BMW arms have ball joints that aren't detachable, where as fitting a whole new arm would mean you change both the FCAB and the ball joint at the same time. Also IIRC the Meyle HD arms come with swappable ball joints.

Fair enough :) Guess it'd have to depend on how quickly you were going through bushes and how new the arm still was.

Nope, what he' saying is that the BMW arms have ball joints that aren't detachable, where as fitting a whole new arm would mean you change both the FCAB and the ball joint at the same time. Also IIRC the Meyle HD arms come with swappable ball joints.

I know that but there seems to be some confusion here.

The bush is a separate piece all together in its own housing, you can still use polybushes AND replace a new arm with two new ball joints. Thats what I am suggesting.

On the contarary I'd rather pay the money for a whole new arm than just polybushing a particular part of it.

Back
Top Bottom