BMW and M Power Owners

Now worries, I can be a bit precious sometimes :) J1nxy bought an M235i and returned it for a 6 series. I think he had some problems with it (the details are in this thread somewhere). I think they will drop a bit more when the M2 is released.

I was only asking in jest sorry.

Has anyone had a medium term drive/bought in a 235? This is a possible next car once the prices have drifted a bit further on the second hand market and wondered how it was in real life doing more day to day things rather than the racy reviews you get online in general.

I'm getting an M235i this week for four days from my local dealer. I'm buying a M135i but they don't have one of those available for an extended test drive.

Guys I've heard the strangest warning beeps I've ever heard twice in the same 50mile journey up to Sytner and no idea where it's coming from :confused:

Mentioned it to BMW and they looked at me like I was cray cray!

It beeps pretty much exactly like the BBC news chimes just without the final long chime - never heard it before, no warning messages associated with it.... is it actually my car? The only other thing is perhaps someone dropped something under the seat during a test drive however it's too loud and sounds to be from the speakers.

Anyone heard similar from their cars?

You sure it's not your phone giving you BBC push notifications :p

Guys I've heard the strangest warning beeps I've ever heard twice in the same 50mile journey up to Sytner and no idea where it's coming from :confused:

Mentioned it to BMW and they looked at me like I was cray cray!

It beeps pretty much exactly like the BBC news chimes just without the final long chime - never heard it before, no warning messages associated with it.... is it actually my car? The only other thing is perhaps someone dropped something under the seat during a test drive however it's too loud and sounds to be from the speakers.

Anyone heard similar from their cars?

Have you got an hourly chime set?

As the odd one out, I've always quite liked the styling of the 1series, but with the facelift version the back looks so bad, made it look like it's got a massive far arse which just doesn't suit it at all.

edit: spoilsport Fox, should've let NVP absolutely lose his rag with the car over the next few days :D Glad to hear you've got it sorted, I can just imagine you on the phone to BMW hah.

Last edited:
[TW]Fox;27507174 said:
Have you got an hourly chime set?

My 528 (or maybe it was my 728 or 328?) did this, my 530 doesn't, how do you enable it (I quite liked it) hmm, or was it my old mans e34 that did it? I swear I'm getting dimentia! :o

5w 30 Castrol Edge in my 530i (same engine )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom