BMW and M Power Owners

Do not expect that 2002 330i to end up being reliable. I have a one owner FBMWSH 2004 model and it has needed bits and bobs doing fairly frequently (although i am absolutely hammering it with mileage to be fair to it).

Luckily if you can put up with it, the actual cost of running them is negligible. Personally i am not sure if i can be bothered with mine for much longer, though. My opinion is that these cars as a sensible prospect have sailed now :(

Ultimately it depends on your meaning of "sensible prospect".

My 2004 330Ci is my daily driver and covering 8-9k miles per year. In the previous year it's only needed sway bars, a top of 1l oil each month and a new PAS pump. I appreciate other folks "mileage" may vary in terms of reliability.

For me it provides a far more sensible prospect than buying a newer car and spending money on depreciation rather than potential repairs.

If my mileage were higher I'd perhaps reconsider something else, but only when it started becoming an inconvenience to own. It certainly isn't at that place yet. It's not as if old E46's are just falling off the roads, I still see plenty of older BMW's about.

It's hard to see why you keep having issues Vita, a 13 year old 330i on coilovers with other maintenance items ignored seems like the best use of £5k :p

[TW]Fox;27592765 said:
It's hard to see why you keep having issues Vita, a 13 year old 330i on coilovers with other maintenance items ignored seems like the best use of £5k :p

Didn't cost £5k, that's the best bit. Much lower then that. I may refurb the wheels, and sell the mirrors, that should net me some good pocket money. The colour, I haven't seen before. It's like a very deep blue going onto black. When the light hits, it seems purple, yet it's not. Never seen it before.

EDIT: Colour is orient blue.

Last edited:
I went to view a few over the past few days. A mate recommended me to get a 325i/330i. I originally wanted a ci, but with a baby on the way the saloon seemed the better buy.

Actually I found my 5 series saloon less practical than a 3 series coupe as a general family car. The rear seats don't go down (unless you have a rarely specced option) which means you can hardly get anything in there if you do a lot of DIY around the house which I certainly did when my kids were born. I ended up using an old 3 series touring more than our 'main' 530i for most things.

Actually I found my 5 series saloon less practical than a 3 series coupe as a general family car. The rear seats don't go down (unless you have a rarely specced option) which means you can hardly get anything in there if you do a lot of DIY around the house which I certainly did when my kids were born. I ended up using an old 3 series touring more than our 'main' 530i for most things.

Yeah it's a shame the rear seats don't fold, on the coupe they do, which is a bonus. Not sure why they didn't standardise it on the Saloon.

You can get anything in a 5 Series

lolcarloaded.jpg

I did the reverse, I changed a 325 Touring for a 530i saloon, thus far, the 5 has coped fine with my tip runs and even my two German Shepherds seem much happier sat on the rear seats than crammed into the tourings relatively small boot! :D

Getting white fur off the black headlining is a losing battle mind you!

Didn't cost £5k, that's the best bit. Much lower then that. I may refurb the wheels, and sell the mirrors, that should net me some good pocket money. The colour, I haven't seen before. It's like a very deep blue going onto black. When the light hits, it seems purple, yet it's not. Never seen it before.

EDIT: Colour is orient blue.

Seems very cheap considering facelift/mileage

He's not actually told us how much it is so how do you know it seems 'very cheap'? It was presumably £2-3k which isn't 'very cheap' really is it, its about right.

[TW]Fox;27597339 said:
He's not actually told us how much it is so how do you know it seems 'very cheap'? It was presumably £2-3k which isn't 'very cheap' really is it, its about right.

I was trying your writing technique when it comes to exaggerating everything :p

But in seriousness, it cost £3.2k max.

Looks like I've picked up a nail in the passenger side rear, its not lost much pressure, about 1.5-2 PSI down on where it should be. Went to the local place and they want £317 for a rear fitted. Suppose thats the problem of having 275/30/20 Dunlop Sport Maxx GT Runflats

Back
Top Bottom