BMW and M Power Owners

[TW]Fox;27597980 said:
Thats what sucks about them, if they were not RFT's you'd have paid a tenner and been on your way :(

Its annoying as the nail looks to be almost dead centre of the tread so not near the side wall at all.

I'm looking at what the total costs would be for some decent non-runflats all round but its not looking good...

Looks like I've picked up a nail in the passenger side rear, its not lost much pressure, about 1.5-2 PSI down on where it should be. Went to the local place and they want £317 for a rear fitted. Suppose thats the problem of having 275/30/20 Dunlop Sport Maxx GT Runflats

FWIW that tyre is ~£220 (298eur) at koenig felgen thanks to a good exchange rate. I used them for my last set of Range Rover tyres (mega size as you can imagine) and would happily recommend. MJT on here recommended them to me in the first place.

Still an expensive tyre, but there is no reason to pay £317 for one :)

FWIW that tyre is ~£220 (298eur) at koenig felgen thanks to a good exchange rate. I used them for my last set of Range Rover tyres (mega size as you can imagine) and would happily recommend. MJT on here recommended them to me in the first place.

Still an expensive tyre, but there is no reason to pay £317 for one :)

Yeah I had no intention of paying that much for one, unless I'd needed the car this week for work (which I did last week), fortunately its going in to finally get the bits and pieces sorted that were wrong from day 1. I'll get them to check the tyre and if its got a problem will order a replacement for next weekend. Still £260ish fitted, but then that not much more than the none run flats that the XFR was shod in and from what I've found about the same as the MPSS in that size.

Can someone explain the key points in difference between the 2 series and 4 series? I know the basics, i.e. one is based on the 1 series, the other on the 3 series, and one is slightly bigger than the other with a slightly longer wheelbase.

Past that though, what changes? There's an £8k difference between the two, so I realise they're different beasts, but I can't find a side by side comparison of them to wrap my head around it. Thanks!

Can someone explain the key points in difference between the 2 series and 4 series? I know the basics, i.e. one is based on the 1 series, the other on the 3 series, and one is slightly bigger than the other with a slightly longer wheelbase.

That is pretty much the difference? It's like asking what the difference is between a Focus and a Mondeo...

The 2 Series is a Coupe 1 Series, the 4 Series is a Coupe 3 Series, the 1 Series is a small hatchback, the 3 Series is a saloon.

Well I just put a deposit down on a Z4m Roadster. Its still on the BMW used car site as of this moment (red one) so you can see how much I was ripped of paying for it give or take :o

Car is in fantastic condition, one stone chip on the body work which they will fix, wheels were spotless, new set of non run flats all round. There was no real signs of wear on the inside, on the seats or anything else, it just needs a bloody good clean as they didn't have a chance to clean it before I rang as it was in for prep today (god knows why they took the images before they cleaned it, but like all car garages they cant seem to take very good images).

Its a step above my current 03 3.0i Z4 that's for sure, but now my bank balance is hurting :(

I guess what I was driving at is that it's a large price difference for a car that when described like that is pretty much the same beast. I figured there were probably some underlying technology/feature differences that I just wasn't aware of.

I guess what I was driving at is that it's a large price difference for a car that when described like that is pretty much the same beast. I figured there were probably some underlying technology/feature differences that I just wasn't aware of.
That's like saying a 7 Series is the same beast as a 3 Series, as it's just bigger :p

If you describe any car like that its 'the same beast', whats the difference between a 7 Series and a 1 Series? Though BMW dont help by giving the 3 and 4 Series the same crappy dash out of the 1 and 2 Series.

Currently own this (bit poorly)

IMG_20131015_082717_zps3ed2d773.jpg

Used to own this

Clipboard01-1.jpg

Like both, the E36 was a bit more raw and a little more "frisky", but had slower steering. Neither felt massively fast (probably are faster than they feel, Mk2 FRS owners have to give it beans before they pull away). The E36 did a 5.7 sec 0-60 and 14.2 quarter mile at Bruntingthorpe. It was a healthy one, but it never felt as quick as those figures sugested to me. The MR2 Turbo that replaced it (on the photo) was much quicker.

Like the cars but never really make me want to go for a pointless drive. E46 M3 definitely on the bucket list though and I reckon that'd make me want to go for a pointless drives :)

Cant wait to pick it up next weekend now, such a long wait :( Miss the noise already now I am back driving mine.

Hopefully your roadster will give you as much fun and trouble free motoring as my current one has over the past year and a half.

Cars in with BMW this week to finally get the outstanding work carried out that was there from day one. It went in initially at the end of November and the parts only arrived end of last week which is pretty crap. Two new headlights, high level brake light and new arm rest.

Fingers crossed they sort it as I love the car.

Currently own this (bit poorly)

IMG_20131015_082717_zps3ed2d773.jpg

Used to own this

Clipboard01-1.jpg

Like both, the E36 was a bit more raw and a little more "frisky", but had slower steering. Neither felt massively fast (probably are faster than they feel, Mk2 FRS owners have to give it beans before they pull away). The E36 did a 5.7 sec 0-60 and 14.2 quarter mile at Bruntingthorpe. It was a healthy one, but it never felt as quick as those figures sugested to me. The MR2 Turbo that replaced it (on the photo) was much quicker.

Like the cars but never really make me want to go for a pointless drive. E46 M3 definitely on the bucket list though and I reckon that'd make me want to go for a pointless drives :)

When did you own R196 AOS? I owned it between October 2008 and April 2009. Cracking car, I would love to get it back!

Back
Top Bottom