BMW and M Power Owners

So tomorrow picking up my new (not actually new) car! Can't wait.

It's a BMW 116 SE Turbo - F20, in red. Has sat nav, LED lights etc. Was wondering how easy it would be to retrofit a cruise control? Will upload pics tomorrow!

Would have thought a sub 100k facelift would have been worth more to be honest. Never mind, I'll just keep it for a year or so instead of selling it to get my monies worth. Inspection 2 and MOT have JUST been done, so might as well keep it, use it rarely, and put the Range Rover on hold for a year.

At the end of the day, facelift or not, its a 13 year old 3 litre car. These are really old cars now. Keeping it given the recent work might be a good idea as the service history wont help its value these days :)

So tomorrow picking up my new (not actually new) car! Can't wait.

It's a BMW 116 SE Turbo - F20, in red. Has sat nav, LED lights etc. Was wondering how easy it would be to retrofit a cruise control? Will upload pics tomorrow!

I thought saying Turbo after the name just because like every other car on sale it has a turbo stopped being cool in the 90s? :p is it an SE Turbo Injection Catalyst?

At the end of the day, facelift or not, its a 13 year old 3 litre car. These are really old cars now. Keeping it given the recent work might be a good idea as the service history wont help its value these days :)

I get that really. My response was more to the valuation of £2500 - £4000 for a similar vehicle, albeit 1 year newer, with 50k more on the clock, and a sport badge. I can't see how that would be worth anywhere close to £2500 more than an SE with 50k less, at this age.

Luckily, with the work having been done, the car only owes me £2k, so I won't sell for less, but I'm in no real hurry, just fancied another P38.

They don't sell quickly, not as if there is a vast list of people waiting to buy an old 3 litre BMW estate, but the sports simply command more money - to the point where SE's get pretty much ignored.

£1500 is trade price for a late sport estate (from the places that will give you a valuation at least). I was offered £1500 as trade for my coupe, I sold it for more than double that and there are more coupe's around than estates

I completely agree they aren't "worth"' thousands more, and i'd have a good £1500 SE in a heartbeat. Asking and sold values tell a different story though

Need new pads on the front :(

Sent an email to the pirates at BMW to see what price they'd charge!

Failing that, anyone know a good UK website to order some pads and a wear sensor from? Other than euro who seem to have nothing but pagid! F30 328 btw.

Last edited:
Oh did things change for the F30 then? Pagid used to be the OEM brand or Textar IIRC. Certainly my old E46s were Pagid. I know BMW changed brake pads for the US market but kept the European pads on M Sport models though.

They quite often do a textar equivalent too which are OEM quality if not OEM on your car, shame they aren't listed.

How can your discs be done on what I assume is still a very new car though?

Back
Top Bottom