BMW and M Power Owners

So been playing with my new car all weekend, absolutely loving it! Especially the technology i've got with it, i'm like a little kid again. It has the BMW service inclusive pack also till Oct 2016.

Options: Bi-xenon lights/Front and back parking sensors (with visual)/Navigation/Auto lights & wipers/LED lights front and back and more!

Auto high beam is great and love that, as well as a speed limiter. Little things like the navigation showing on my instrument panel, really make me happy. I'd like to get cruise control retro fitted, does anyone know anything about this?

gtpE3K8.jpg

PalbX2b.jpg

SimVfpL.jpg

gUUGliq.jpg

DEZeUmV.jpg.png

Those Bi-Xenons improve the front of the 1 series so much, essential option IMO.

But why on earth does it not come with cruise control as standard? Surely nowadays it should be standard on all but the most basic of cars: the Americans were fitting it to cars in the 1960s!

I must be in the minority that quite like the 1 series styling, but the bi-Xenons are an absolute must (as with most BMWs). Hope it brings you trouble free motoring :)

Yep. I use it almost every day. I retrofit it to cars I have that don't have it because I use it so often (if it's reasonably inexpensive to do so of course).

Those Bi-Xenons improve the front of the 1 series so much, essential option IMO.

But why on earth does it not come with cruise control as standard? Surely nowadays it should be standard on all but the most basic of cars: the Americans were fitting it to cars in the 1960s!

My 911 does not have it:( who ever bought my car new spent £100k inc options and did not think to add it

[TW]Fox;27641190 said:
Wow, really!? I can't imagine not using it. It is enormously useful in a myriad of situations.

I guess because my driving has historically been 99% through town, I never got round to it. Most of the time I get on motorway I forget I have it! I would probably be more inclined to use it if it were adaptive.

I tend to use the limiter function rather than the cruise as find it more useful on the toes if journeys I do. Active cruise thou, especially the stop n go ones are brilliant.

It's on the wheel on a 1 isn't it?

At the very least you'll need the wheel (or button inserts if they can be split) and some coding done. Not sure if it comes with the looms all fitted (given the rest of the spec I'd be a bit suprised if not). If it's a seperate stalk you'll need the boss with all 3 stalks on it to replace your existing one, at least

It seems absolutely bonkers that someone could pick nav when ordering the car but not pay what is usually about £100 for cruise

Last edited:
It's on the wheel on a 1 isn't it?

At the very least you'll need the wheel (or button inserts if they can be split) and some coding done. Not sure if it comes with the looms all fitted (given the rest of the spec I'd be a bit suprised if not). If it's a seperate stalk you'll need the boss with all 3 stalks on it to replace your existing one, at least

It seems absolutely bonkers that someone could pick nav when ordering the car but not pay what is usually about £100 for cruise

Yes it goes on the steering wheel, I think the Limiter and Cruise both fit on the left side of the wheel. The lady owner before me specced mostly everything but cruise!

Quick Q: High mileage 530d F10s out of warranty a bad idea?

Seen some good spec clean ones with moon miles for under £15k and the BMW Approved Used start at over £20k...

Also looking at F30s but well specced 330ds seem to start at £20k but why even bother over a slightly older 530d/535d?

Couldn't tell you about any long term issues with the F10 530d as mine is only 16 months old. But I'm sure they would run well for a long time. I was once on a E60 530d with around 300k on it, and it was running sweet as...

But I'm sure they would run well for a long time. I was once on a E60 530d with around 300k on it, and it was running sweet as...

I don't see what that has to do with anything? Without seeing his invoice file for the work he's had done on it that information tells us nothing about how reliable they tend to be. It's fairly easy to get any car to 300k if you are prepared to keep spending money on it and as a 5 Series tends to be worth more than, say, a Mondeo, when something does go wrong it's invariably financially viable to repair it.

Turbo goes on a 2005 Mondeo? It's going in the bin. Turbo goes on a 2005 530d? It's getting fixed. So, in this example Mondeos don't make it to 300k and the 530d does even though the reliability is identical..

For me the complexity of my 530d scares me to death so there is simply no way I would entertain one without a cast iron warranty arrangement where anything that goes wrong with it is somebody elses problem.

[TW]Fox;27642675 said:
For me the complexity of my 530d scares me to death so there is simply no way I would entertain one without a cast iron warranty arrangement where anything that goes wrong with it is somebody elses problem.
Well exactly.

But will it cost 10 grand in repairs?
That's the price difference between moon miles and BMW Approved Used..

Back
Top Bottom