BMW and M Power Owners

I guess it depends on how much of a lip but I really don't see the point in replacing components that will probably last the life cycle of the new pads again

Need new pads on the front :(

Sent an email to the pirates at BMW to see what price they'd charge!

Failing that, anyone know a good UK website to order some pads and a wear sensor from? Other than euro who seem to have nothing but pagid! F30 328 btw.

Try BMWforums.info and get a quote from Harry Fairbairn who give very good deals on brakes and free next day delivery. Got a pair of M3 front discs and pads for £307. The best price for aftermarket stuff was around £320 from ECP/CP4L etc.

Question - probably aimed at Robbie actually....

Weisslicht Spektrum. They look ace on your E46.... any ideas if they will fit the front indicators on an E85 facelift?

Hmm they don't have E85 (only E89/E84) on their fitment list bit if the volt/wattage and pin layout is the same as another model there's no reason why it shouldn't work!

Do you know of another model that has the same bulb as yours?

Hmm they don't have E85 (only E89/E84) on their fitment list bit if the volt/wattage and pin layout is the same as another model there's no reason why it shouldn't work!

Do you know of another model that has the same bulb as yours?

I think when I get out of work today I should take the bulb out the car and take a look at it / check the fitting etc.

Since my z4 is a facelift, it suffers from the same odd config of your M3, LED rears yet no LEDs up front or side, an odd omission. Hopefully can find one that fits, should sharpen / modernise the front nicely.

Just don't do what I did and attempt to remove the side strip led housing the wrong way and end up cracking the plastic trim requiring a new trim to order :p

In my defence the YouTube video showed it one way but on my car it pops off easier the other way!

Purchased some random stuff for the z4 over the last few days - plan to get it all fitted as soon as I'm not working when it's daylight....

1. Denison - BMW ipod adapter
2. Stubby ariel
3. Gaptech RCH+ module - enables one touch roof open / close and allows you to do that via the car's standard remote fob.
4. I found that the car came with the factory wind deflector, it was in the boot... I had no idea. Neither did the seller. win.
5. I fitted an after market HID kit. Now before you all complain about it, I went for 4300k, so it looks pretty stock, and the standard lights are projectors anyway, so it looks good and not naff / chav etc.

Oh - and I ordered up some mud flaps for the X6. And have mate doing a full paint correction on the X6 next week, it's been detailed previously, but never a full correction, it will benefit from this big time, swirl-central.

Folks, tentatively looking at BMW for my next car choice.

With a budget of £11K-£12K, what would be a good choice from BMW? Ideally I'd like 2/3 doors and some performance. Been looking at 135i coupe and E92 320 coupe but not very clued up on the range. What's the best looking E92 outside of the M3?

Folks, tentatively looking at BMW for my next car choice.

With a budget of £11K-£12K, what would be a good choice from BMW? Ideally I'd like 2/3 doors and some performance. Been looking at 135i coupe and E92 320 coupe but not very clued up on the range. What's the best looking E92 outside of the M3?

E92 335i - should get one for that money i'd think.

306bhp, maps well should you wish, good toys etc etc. Personally I'd not get a 320. Get the 335i if your going to get that model of car ;)

Or ofcourse a 135i (same engine) if you like the looks of it more. But the 3 will have more toys as standard.

Obv I'm biased having owned a 335i for 3 years and I loved it.

E92 335i - should get one for that money i'd think.

306bhp, maps well should you wish, good toys etc etc. Personally I'd not get a 320. Get the 335i if your going to get that model of car ;)

Or ofcourse a 135i (same engine) if you like the looks of it more. But the 3 will have more toys as standard.

Obv I'm biased having owned a 335i for 3 years and I loved it.

Thanks pal. Honestly, not a fan of the 1 series but it's a little more palatable in coupe form. I'll check out the 335i :)

Edit: manual or auto? Always had manuals but am tempted with an auto, or at least to try one. Can the auto still be sporty or is manual the one to have?

Last edited:
Thanks pal. Honestly, not a fan of the 1 series but it's a little more palatable in coupe form. I'll check out the 335i :)

Edit: manual or auto? Always had manuals but am tempted with an auto, or at least to try one. Can the auto still be sporty or is manual the one to have?

I owned a manual - but most are autos (you get flappy paddle with autos so you can retain control if you wish)

There is an SE and an Msport model. This is basically trim. The SE for a 335i has a number of the things the Msport has though, where as an SE for say a 320 wouldn't.

So 335i wise, Msport adds different wheels, bodykit and I believe steering wheel / gear knob if manual.

The 335i SE still has the Msport suspension, front sports seats and black headlining.

So what I'm saying is, don't be put off by an SE in the right colour / spec just because it's an SE :)

I owned a manual - but most are autos (you get flappy paddle with autos so you can retain control if you wish)

There is an SE and an Msport model. This is basically trim. The SE for a 335i has a number of the things the Msport has though, where as an SE for say a 320 wouldn't.

So 335i wise, Msport adds different wheels, bodykit and I believe steering wheel / gear knob if manual.

The 335i SE still has the Msport suspension, front sports seats and black headlining.

So what I'm saying is, don't be put off by an SE in the right colour / spec just because it's an SE :)

Really helpful thanks, that explains why some look more attractive to me than others.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161591867483
On first look, this appeals to me in terms of aesthetics. Mileage higher than I'd like but appreciate I need to consider this in my budget.

[TW]Fox;27630543 said:
They are such terrible value though, 12k gets you a car that's almost 10 years old which seems mental for a 3 series.

Which shows that 335i 's seem to hold their value pretty well ;)

Though I know what you mean of course Fox. It's one of the reasons I sold mine when I did, I got back a crazy amount of money for it compared to what I thought I would get back at time of purchase.

[TW]Fox;27630543 said:
They are such terrible value though, 12k gets you a car that's almost 10 years old which seems mental for a 3 series.

You say that, but it costs what it costs. An equivalent age / mileage / condition Audi S4 would cost as much, and is arguably an equivalent car (to the 335i). Don't think there is a Mercedes equivalent though.

You wouldn't be a whole lot less for a Scooby STI by comparison of the same age / mileage, or indeed a Mitsi Evo. It would appear that sports saloons of this age are all priced around that sort of money, so not really so mental.

I would agree if you were talking about a 320i E92 SE, but that is not what the OP should be looking for at that budget.

True but its a drag to pay big money and end up with old car problems. I paid 20k for an MY09 M Sport when it was just 2.5 years old. That seemed OK value so to find they still cost 12k at 8 years old is incredible.

Of course, but then again, that £8k difference will buy less now than it would have done 5 1/2 years ago, just as that £20k would buy you less now (like a 4 year old 530d for example, rather than a 2.5 year old). The new price also has gone up quite a bit since then, with inflation, and different exchange rates etc...

But I do get your point. But as it is similarly reflected across many similar sorts of cars, it simply is the price of these motors. If you want something newer, you have to drop your expectations. I mean, you could get a 20 month old 1.6 TDCI Focus with 15k on the clock within a £12k budget. It's probably a great car for day to day driving, if your not interested in speed or toys or the badge. But if you want these things, you simply have to pay the premium for it, which in this case, is the age of the vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom