BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
oh dear what have you donw now?
Personally I did nothing.
My son however.... lets just say, he somehow had my spare key..

He also somehow had it when in the car with me.

He then also somehow, opened his window to see how cold it was outside...
.. and I've yet to find the key. He tells me he didn't have the key near the window.. yet had it before we went out... and didn't when we arrived at our destination...

Why did he have my spare key? That's a great question... I had just put it in a nice new case with a wrist strap, he wanted to wear it and be an "Adult".

Well this "Adult" will no longer be getting a new console for his birthday. (He's 5)..

Last edited:
Soldato
A big appeal of the F90 is the V8, which is completely muted on all competition models if that's important to you. Everything I read about them says get the non-comp model for a variety of reasons but I don't think you'd be disappointed. There's one near me and I encounter the car on a stretch of road regularly and I may as well be in reverse, the thing is absolutely ballistic.

Thanks, booked in for a test drive at a local BMW dealer and if I’m happy they will ship the car I want in from one of their other sites.

edit: Given the choice, Donnington Grey or Marina Bay Blue?

Last edited:
Soldato
Same has happened to me with my M240i, the main coolant tank took 500ml to bring it up. I’ve replaced the cap as well and will continue to monitor it.

The low warning didn’t come on though, I was just checking the levels.

How have you been getting on with this?

After topping the coolant up myself:

Day 1 - 500ml
Day 2 - 100ml
Day 3 - 100ml

I've now gone 4 days without any further coolant loss.

I'm wondering if the issue was actually a faulty cap for the main tank causing coolant to evaporate over time. Now I've replaced the cap, it's needed two additional top ups after the first big one, as coolant works it's way through/air that was in the system.

I'm really confused now :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
How have you been getting on with this?

After topping the coolant up myself:

Day 1 - 500ml
Day 2 - 100ml
Day 3 - 100ml

I've now gone 4 days without any further coolant loss.

I'm wondering if the issue was actually a faulty cap for the main tank causing coolant to evaporate over time. Now I've replaced the cap, it's needed two additional top ups after the first big one, as coolant works it's way through/air that was in the system.

I'm really confused now :confused:
Mine’s looking ok I think. I checked at the weekend and it was still between min and max, so fingers crossed all is well.

Glad yours seems ok too. Do you do many miles per day?

Soldato
Mine’s looking ok I think. I checked at the weekend and it was still between min and max, so fingers crossed all is well.

Glad yours seems ok too. Do you do many miles per day?

Apart from a 30 minute round trip to drop my daughter off a school, I'm not driving a lot at the moment. It's sufficient to get the B58 up to optimum temperature.

I've got two trips into my work office next week so will see if I get any coolant loss.

Associate
Apart from a 30 minute round trip to drop my daughter off a school, I'm not driving a lot at the moment. It's sufficient to get the B58 up to optimum temperature.

I've got two trips into my work office next week so will see if I get any coolant loss.
Might be worth making up some mixed coolant to take with you and check it when you’re due to return so it’s cooled off.

Man of Honour
Thanks, booked in for a test drive at a local BMW dealer and if I’m happy they will ship the car I want in from one of their other sites.

edit: Given the choice, Donnington Grey or Marina Bay Blue?
I’d have to see them in the flesh to be honest, neither colour does anything for me on Google images.

Man of Honour
Donington Grey is an unusual grey, it almost looks a bit matte/gold in the sun. In person it's a nice colour.

Marina Bay is similar to San Marino, but a bit more blue, less purple.

I'd probably go for the latter...

Soldato
Donington Grey is an unusual grey, it almost looks a bit matte/gold in the sun. In person it's a nice colour.

Marina Bay is similar to San Marino, but a bit more blue, less purple.

I'd probably go for the latter...

When speaking to the dealer, I said it looked more silver than grey but the salesman said its pearlescent and looks kind of gold colour as you say when in the sun. Will see on Friday, if I like it or not. Its the better specced car so am erring on the side of the Donnington Grey if I get on with it

Last edited:
Soldato
Carbon Black!
iLnVphy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom