BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
But you also end up with having to use the screen for heating controls. And you can no longer quickly adjust the distance to the car in front on the adaptive cruise, among other things.
These things aren't upgrades are they? :(

I dont actually find the screen terrible for adjusting the heating (I don't adjust it that often and it's on screen all the time, I'd say it's just as easy as it was on the M340i, possibly easier), I did prefer having buttons for the heated seats although I think there are more settings now. The adaptive cruise on mine is all controlled on the steering wheel including the distance (unless something has changed very recently?).

Soldato
Has anyone been bombarded with Mydieselclaim.com information? I put some of my 5 series details into check website last year and seem to be getting reminders to complete my claim, seems like it’s a scam now?

Associate
Long time lurker, finally decided to join :)

Well after 3 years of ownership i sold my F87 m2 competition for a G87 m2. In some ways i miss how raw the old car was, but in my opinion the the G87 is a far better road car. (Don't hate me :D)

1 by Elliott Humphrey, on Flickr

2 by Elliott Humphrey, on Flickr

3 by Elliott Humphrey, on Flickr

4 by Elliott Humphrey, on Flickr

Man of Honour
Thanks @Maccy @Bluecube and @mjt .

I’m pretty much settled, m340i it is! I would just never stop thinking about it if I went for a 330, 320, etc.

I know I want the tech pack and comfort pack, anything else to be considered?

I also wanted the visibility pack, the headlights are much better and the front of the car looks much better with the upgraded headlights.

Associate
Soldato
My F11 has a very slow oil leak and I can't get it into the garage until next week. I'm looking at buying a small carton to keep it topped up as I have to drive the car to work. It's an N47 engine. Would Shell Helix Ultra Professional AM-L 5W30 be a good choice?

It's not leaking enough to need topping up but I'd rather have some in the car to be safe for the sake of a few quid.

Caporegime
Still making the glorious V10 N/A noise as far as I am aware :)

The V10 is the best sounding engine IMO. Beats V8s and even V12s.

At a recent track day with supercars at Croft, without doubt the best sounding cars around the track were the v10 engined ones. Miles better than the Lambo v12s and Ferraris v12s and v8s and the Mclaren V8s.

Associate
My F11 has a very slow oil leak and I can't get it into the garage until next week. I'm looking at buying a small carton to keep it topped up as I have to drive the car to work. It's an N47 engine. Would Shell Helix Ultra Professional AM-L 5W30 be a good choice?

It's not leaking enough to need topping up but I'd rather have some in the car to be safe for the sake of a few quid.
Meets BMW LL04 spec so should be fine

Associate
Anyone know if I should expect split rear propshaft rubber coupling (£910) to be covered by the comprehensive insured warranty??
I think yes as wear and tear is included and this doesn't seem to be an exclusion but would be great to get opinions before I talk to the service dept about it tomorrow. Thanks!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Anyone know if I should expect split rear propshaft rubber coupling (£910) to be covered by the comprehensive insured warranty??
I think yes as wear and tear is included and this doesn't seem to be an exclusion but would be great to get opinions before I talk to the service dept about it tomorrow. Thanks!
I would absolutely expect it to be, especially as you have the Comprehensive cover.

Associate
Thanks!

Any thoughts on how bad this is? They are about 4.5mm across the tyre except the inside edge on both front tyres where worn to the cords. Not sure how this could happen but pretty damn annoying since they have plenty of life on them apart from this.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thanks!

Any thoughts on how bad this is? They are about 4.5mm across the tyre except the inside edge on both front tyres where worn to the cords. Not sure how this could happen but pretty damn annoying since they have plenty of life on them apart from this.

They absolutely need replaced. It might be an idea to get an alignment done afterwards too.

Back
Top Bottom