Boom Beach (SuperCell)

Soldato
I'm just starting enjoying it but can see like most F2P it's going to get silly after a while.

To upgrade HQ to lvl 3 i need 5900 wood

I'm currently producing 360 wood an hour so 16 hours before I can do a lvl 2 -3 upgrade.

I have one place to hit but it's lvl 6 and I can't seem to beat it done all upgrades possible for my HQ level.

however i produce 1130 gold per hour so every two hours I can get 600 wood so HQ upgrade will be possible in 7 hours but i'll be asleep by then lol

Soldato
I'm just starting enjoying it but can see like most F2P it's going to get silly after a while.

To upgrade HQ to lvl 3 i need 5900 wood

I'm currently producing 360 wood an hour so 16 hours before I can do a lvl 2 -3 upgrade.

I have one place to hit but it's lvl 6 and I can't seem to beat it done all upgrades possible for my HQ level.

Yeh that's why I'm hoarding diamonds. Once you get Iron, it gets produced so slowly that most of the time I have to use some diamonds, so save them for that. All these freemium style games make their money off of impatient players :p

Associate
I'm really limited by wood resources now. Plenty of the rest. I can defeat most islands up to a rank of about 26-28 but they don't tend to have a whole heap worth winning, so I'm doing as many small attacks as I can until I can get enough resources to upgrade my troops to win over the higher ranking islands.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
lost interest in this now.. constantly being raided and loosing resources so finding it impossible to save for an HQ upgrade..

For example, in the last 48 hours I've been raided 5 times and lost 750k in Gold, 230k in wood, 200k in Stone, and 175k in Iron.

Also finding it impossible to defeat other players and loose 9/10 times

Associate
lost interest in this now.. constantly being raided and loosing resources so finding it impossible to save for an HQ upgrade..

For example, in the last 48 hours I've been raided 5 times and lost 750k in Gold, 230k in wood, 200k in Stone, and 175k in Iron.

Is your vault fully upgraded?

Soldato
BTW silly beginners tip for newbies upgrade your vault so it saves 50% of your non stored resources.

then make sure that your storage for gold and wood are more than 100% of what you intend to save

So if you need 10K gold make sure your storage can hold 20K gold that way raids will net the raider virtually nothing.

For me I'm at lvl 18 HQ 8
Radar 7
Landing craft 4*lvl5 (upgrading to 6 2h 25 min to go)
Armoury 4
Gunboat 7
Riflemen 4
Heavy 5
Zookas 3 (upgrading to 4 11h 47min)
Warriors 1
Artillery 4
Flare 2
Medkit 4
Shock 2

Currently my upgrades are going slow (not spending diamonds until pay day 15th August)

Going to do some defensive upgrades next few days then try to concentrate on getting my armoury up

Locally in Belgium I'm ranked 15 998 :(

update : 15167 :)

Last edited:
Associate
What is this tip with tank and healers?

Basically to use them when raiding. I was using all warriors but hit a brick wall with raiding. Using tanks and healers works really well. Take out a boom cannon and start, take out another or cannons as you go along. You can ignore missile launchers, flamethrower and mortars as they will hardly damage you.

Soldato
agree if you can take out the cannons you can usually walk through with the health packs and flares.

Hate when i get to the enemy HQ then spot a pesky cannon tucked behind the radar who then wipes me out lol

Associate

Use ice crystals to get idols that improve base hit points. I've got 3 at the moment so I get +23% hit points to all buildings including remote resource bases. You will get attacked a lot less!

Soldato
good tip, didn't realize the vault thing, wish CoC had something similar

actually i'm wrong about the vault it only protects 50% of what you don't have in the vault

so for me it protects my first 18K of wood but then only 50% of the rest despite my total capacity :(

So if I have 20K of wood 19K would be protected still it means you don't lose it all.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
I've been letting a bit of an Ass kicking over the last few days as you can see, all this happened just while I was at work today:

kicked.PNG

I've redesigned my base to hopefully help, any hints or tips appreciated:

base.PNG

Soldato
^ have you considered moving your base to the very top corner? Then you effectively only have to defend along two lines (a 'v' if you will). The longer it takes them to get your base, the more chance you have to damage them as they get there, and also the possibility of the timer running out.

Back
Top Bottom