Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

No more farming now, i'll wait till level 72..save my Eridian, but i suppose i could farm more Eridan...cant do any harm :D

Last edited:
Don't have the DLC for new areas or extra levels, but wanted to check how rare legendary weapons and head drops are while playing TVHM?

I'm using the 5% increased chance Vault Hunter Relic for rare loot, but after farming bosses for two weeks I've only obtained a Bee shield. At least that has sped up killing the bosses when combined with relic and mod for SMG damage.

Just wanted some better weapons to kill TVHM Terramorphous the Invincible.

just completed the main story line and a good few of the side missions, although only level 30

it took a few attempts to get into the game, but once I did I found it absolutely fantastic - great fun

ran like a dream on my 570 maxxed out too (apart from Phys at Medium)

anywhere cheap for the Season Pass/DLC ?

Beat Jack+Warrior on TVHM, only a tad harder than Normal. No deaths again.

But UVHM is kicking my ass, and feeding it me. Just getting to Sanctuary I must have died 20-30 times. It's beyond silly. By the time I've managed to s-l-a-g an enemy, I'm in FFYL mode! Captain Flynt was 2-hitting me!

I've noticed that in the packs of mobs, there is now at least one with a s-l-a-g weapon. Get hit by that and it's over pretty quick. My turret is also now dying 1-on-1 with Pyscho type enemies. In TVHM he chewed anything up 1v1.

I've ditched all the level 50 gear I had for white/green level 53 stuff (my level). Respecced a few times, but can't find a good way to stay alive.

Think I might have just found my limit with this game :p UVHM solo is soooo difficult for me.

i never realised the Grog Nozzle pistol was so good......because Pyro Pete couldn't kill me 2nd time around, the pistol gives you full health instantly..

unfortunately i couldn't kill him either....because Grog Nozzle only does enough damage with Bee fully charged, you have to keep using the pistol or you'll die instantly, because Zero is either on fire all the time, or covered in acid, so you can not swap to another weapon :eek:

i never realised the Grog Nozzle pistol was so good......because Pyro Pete couldn't kill me 2nd time around, the pistol gives you full health instantly..

unfortunately i couldn't kill him either....because Grog Nozzle only does enough damage with Bee fully charged, you have to keep using the pistol or you'll die instantly, because Zero is either on fire all the time, or covered in acid, so you can not swap to another weapon :eek:

You're aware you need to turn on the water to cleanse the status effects during that fight, right?

But yeah, the grog nozzle is a beast. That + Harold as a Zerker = gg.

It heals I think it was 65% of the damage done while wielding it and its an extremely good sl@g weapon to make it even better. Grog Nozzle + Flames of the Firehawk = Hilarious.

Best used as a quick heal though unless you're a Gunzerker or Psycho. Throwing out a grenade while wielding it gives you pretty much instant max health.

Think I might have just found my limit with this game :p UVHM solo is soooo difficult for me.

i've been saying the same for flipping months :D

let Flynt kill you the first time and then take him on from outside, the ledge before you jump down is pretty good...as is ground level, just dont take him on face to face....the best is to **** him first and then sniper him at range from ground level.

the 3rd playthrough is extremely hard and without Bee/weapons, it's impossible to stay alive for long

i'm doing all the ``failed missions`` right now, that go back almost a month....e.g i couldn't do the Tiny Tina tea party, no way man..... so i went back with Bee and beat it straight away, i only needed to use the SMG FIRE CASTOR, the difference is amazing.

You're aware you need to turn on the water to cleanse the status effects during that fight, right?

But yeah, the grog nozzle is a beast. That + Harold as a Zerker = gg.

what ! i had no idea about that, i'll try it :D

it's deffo easier with Grog Knozzle, i just need to switch to something else really quickly and then switch back again.... he deffo doesn't like the Shock SMG CASTOR, that strips 1/4 of his shield straight away, it's after this that the fight gets hard, because it's not being able to recharge Bee due to the continual fire/ acid that makes the guns useless, it becomes a stale mate

Last edited:
what ! i had no idea about that, i'll try it :D

it's deffo easier with Grog Knozzle, i just need to switch to something else really quickly and then switch back again.... he deffo doesn't like the Shock SMG CASTOR, that strips 1/4 of his shield straight away, it's after this that the fight gets hard, because it's not being able to recharge Bee due to the continual fire/ acid that makes the guns useless, it becomes a stale mate

I am so impressed with you just fighting through the status effects!

You cleanse them when you have both effects on you, which spawns adds. Each time you use it, the level of the adds increases.

i've been saying the same for flipping months :D

let Flynt kill you the first time and then take him on from outside, the ledge before you jump down is pretty good...as is ground level, just dont take him on face to face....the best is to **** him first and then sniper him at range from ground level.

the 3rd playthrough is extremely hard and without Bee/weapons, it's impossible to stay alive for long

i'm doing all the ``failed missions`` right now, that go back almost a month....e.g i couldn't do the Tiny Tina tea party, no way man..... so i went back with Bee and beat it straight away, i only needed to use the SMG FIRE CASTOR, the difference is amazing.

I think part of the problem is that I don't read guides/wikis for the games I play.

Never realised that Moxxi weapons would heal you, so I sold them as they looked like junk :p (on Normal and TVHM).

The only way you could reliably find out all of the game mechanics is to start buffing up via the wiki.

Also I have only green weapons and shield atm in UVHM. Everybody talks about getting unique weapons... and farming... and I think this sounds a bit too much like an MMO for my liking :p

My "build" is probably also crap, as I just went for skills that complemented my own style of play, not considering synergies or stuff like that.

I think part of the problem is that I don't read guides/wikis for the games I play.

Never realised that Moxxi weapons would heal you, so I sold them as they looked like junk :p (on Normal and TVHM).

The only way you could reliably find out all of the game mechanics is to start buffing up via the wiki.

Also I have only green weapons and shield atm in UVHM. Everybody talks about getting unique weapons... and farming... and I think this sounds a bit too much like an MMO for my liking :p

My "build" is probably also crap, as I just went for skills that complemented my own style of play, not considering synergies or stuff like that.

i'm exactly the same, no harm in not knowing....but with BL2 you can not use common sense like with Bulletstorm, you need to research the weapons/gameplay.....e.g you will never get Bee/ pimpernell/ harold without knowing where they are located....not a hope in hell

I've had Grog Knozzle for ages, but without Bee it's rubbish, you dont notice anything, it's only when i saw it on Youtube yesterday that i suddenly realised that it's one of the best guns there it....because if i get a new gun, pull the trigger and nothing happens, then i'm liable to either sell it or drop it...BUT Grog Knozzle you cant drop, it's locked into your backpack !!!!

Grog knozzle with Bee, kills a badass in about 8 shots....but you wont notice this at first, it just looks like a low damage **** pistol...the gun has a Drunken phase where it shoots 6 shots at once, they say it does this after you fire quite a few....NO it also does this straight away if you carry the gun for long enough....it's one hell of a gun !

Last edited:
I am so impressed with you just fighting through the status effects!

You cleanse them when you have both effects on you, which spawns adds. Each time you use it, the level of the adds increases.

sarcastric right ;)

no i dont give up...ever, i would never have done all the DLCs/ level 61 if i did.

i wont fight Pyro Pete again yet though, because i think Zero needs more work..because to kill him will deffo be Grog Knozzle and something else, in a lightning fast switch.....but this 2nd gun has to Mega bad........Harold isn't quite right......it's just a nightmare to reduce his shield, it's as simple as that.

Last edited:
Oh please. The first quest you get from Marcus upon reaching Sanctuary explains everything to you. You just chose to ignore it. Fire = fleshy targets. Shock = shielded. Corrisive = armoured. Sl@g = damage-amp. It couldn't be more plainly stated. The way elemental effects work is also much more straight forward than it was in BL.

The only thing the wiki is genuinely good for is the details of legendaries because as you say, you'd never know where to find stuff otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom