Borderlands

Soldato
YOU TAKE THAT BACK! :mad:

oh the shield thing's cool, but it's a bit of a downhill going from JUSTSHOOTEMINTHEFACEANDTHEYDIEDIEDIE of gaige to being somewhat ineffective at killing.

i have unlocked the multibounce for the sheild, which has made it a much more effective power, but the regular shooting people malarkey isn't powerful.

it is, i will concede, great against bosses

Associate
I quite liked Claptrap, from what I remember his skills were very random? Could be a few things and you never knew what it was going to be, unless I've remembered incorrectly?
Currently going through BL2 on the Xbox and thoroughly enjoying it, looking at getting a PC again so will have to go through it again on there too!

Soldato
I quite liked Claptrap, from what I remember his skills were very random? Could be a few things and you never knew what it was going to be, unless I've remembered incorrectly?
Currently going through BL2 on the Xbox and thoroughly enjoying it, looking at getting a PC again so will have to go through it again on there too!

i just refuse to be claptrap, so.... annoying......

Soldato
that moment you realise you accidentally sold off your legendary shock smg, only to be in the middle of a boss fight who's phases are defined by every time you take out his sheilds.

i swear the aussies are having a laugh at my expense

Soldato
Oh that friggin' ball of joy! Yeah he's just a straight up ****! :p

(HINT: That's not even his final form!)

i got through to the 3rd of his forms before the wonderful combo of fight for your life and enemies trolling you by instantly running a long way off and hiding behind things finally got me.

i think its either character/skill choice, or this game is a lot harder on the first playthrough compared to bl2

i must admit they've at least done a better job of making shock damage more useful in this, what with corrosive being the element of choice for bl2. that and ice damage is pretty useful for those buggers that wont stay still.

Soldato
Yeah the whole fight is brutal - particularly with little cover. I found best luck circling the perimeter of the arena and watch for when he'd be open for attack, hit hard and get back to running! :)

Soldato
Oh and strongly advise you finish the fight in this session or you'll go back to the start of the Eleseer with no shortcuts open iirc! :p

worse than that, i'll go back to the start of eleseer with no shortcuts open, much tougher turrets, and a whole ton of opha's everywhere thanks to having activated the other claptrap side quest.

so not only could i not kill the boss, but now can't even fight hard enough to get back to the boss area, and even if i do succeed, it's only going to leave me at the boss fight with next to no ammo for my best guns (primarily smg's and lasers)

you know i vaguely recall the point of guardians was tough shield and next to no health, not tough shield and just as much health.

think i'm gonna call it for the night, before calling it for the night turns into ragequit :D

Soldato
probably for the best actually! Come at it fresh tomorrow and you'll probably nail it in a single go :p

probably lol, funny borderlands is one of those games where i swear it gets easier the more times you die trying it, but it's so subtle i'm never quite sure if it's simply me getting better as a player or the game getting easier.

Back
Top Bottom