Borderlands

Soldato
the tip is to open the chests, but not loot things.

i take a policy once i get past a certain level i won't loot whites or greens unless their stats are better than something i have, which normally they arent because i'm normally rocking purple and orange as actual combat weapons.

the one armed bandits are cool they do spit out grenades but they're easily avoided, sometimes you can get some cool stuff and even if you dont a big session is just an inneffecient way of converting money into eridium, which is useful for buying storage upgrades (can't buy those with cash in bl2)

Soldato
Yeah that is true. I got some blue and green due to the elemental effect on them, think it is shock, explosove and acid on the sniper rifles, haven't found any purple/orange of those yet. Actually, don't even know if they exist in those colours. :p

On another note, is it possible to have more then one save ?? Like save 1, 2 and 3 just incase one get corrupted then you can go back to the previous. Probably is in the menu but I missed it. :o

Soldato
Yeah that is true. I got some blue and green due to the elemental effect on them, think it is shock, explosove and acid on the sniper rifles, haven't found any purple/orange of those yet. Actually, don't even know if they exist in those colours. :p

On another note, is it possible to have more then one save ?? Like save 1, 2 and 3 just incase one get corrupted then you can go back to the previous. Probably is in the menu but I missed it. :o

not sure, i know you can access playthrough 1 and 2 independantly, i guess maybe? not something i've done tbh.

Soldato
If you're still in PT1 I'd skip it altogether. It starts at Level 15 but will bring you quite over levelled. I'd suggest leaving it until the start of PT2 :)

I should mention when you get to PT3 (yes 3!) everything scales to your level wherever you go! :)

Soldato
I'm not actually sure what part I'm on, although I did recently acquire some explosives from a psychotic little girl. Glad to hear things scale, gives me a reason to return to the earlier zones.

Soldato
Just hit level 19. I think I've over-levelled slightly because the majority of npc's I'm facing are about 15. I spent quite a lot of time exploring the first few zones and killing everything I could find though.

Soldato
Don't get too comfy! Left, Middle or Right though? :) Fun in each version tbh!

I swtiched to the left tree as you suggested - still no idea what I'm doing with Krieg really, but I found a legendary gun and got some purples from the Chest in Sanctuary so going better now. I have actually started using his action skill now to . . . eh, tactically retreat :) At least I haven't died in a while!

It's also great whenever my car explodes to be able to outrun the local enemies. It will never replace my beloved turret(s) but it's growing on me - even if I am probably playing him totally wrong :)

Soldato
I'm not actually sure what part I'm on, although I did recently acquire some explosives from a psychotic little girl. Glad to hear things scale, gives me a reason to return to the earlier zones.

the first couple of playthroughs it's levelled by the main quest progression (so anything with the vault symbol as a mission marker), so if you do loads of side quests you'll be over levelled.

i wouldn't worry, it doesn't take long.

captain scarlett's dlc is pretty easy if you've completed the first playthrough, similar level methinks to the badass crater, then i'd put tiny tina's next and finally hunters grotto in terms of difficulty (the majority of hunters grotto is easy, its just the final boss is hard)

in any case i'd reccommend completing (or at least getting to the final boss) of the main quest before doing dlc.

Soldato
Surprised how hard BL2 is in parts even on playthrough 1, after UVHM last time I has assumed – very wrongly! – that the first playthrough would be easy. It’s good though, fairly well balanced, but there’s always the possibility that someone can knock you down, it’s good, keeps it edgy. Like full health and shields on Wildlife Pres. took out a gang of stalkers, and go running across the green looking for loot, and a rakk comes out of nowhere, and in one hit, downs shields and knocks out 95% of my health! Then I’m cowering under a bridge, with my shotgun, peeking out cautiously. I think it’s great that this game can still surprise me after 800 hours or whatever.

Plus I found an Explicit Unkempt Harold :) – I love Wildlife Preservation.

Soldato
Surprised how hard BL2 is in parts even on playthrough 1, after UVHM last time I has assumed – very wrongly! – that the first playthrough would be easy. It’s good though, fairly well balanced, but there’s always the possibility that someone can knock you down, it’s good, keeps it edgy. Like full health and shields on Wildlife Pres. took out a gang of stalkers, and go running across the green looking for loot, and a rakk comes out of nowhere, and in one hit, downs shields and knocks out 95% of my health! Then I’m cowering under a bridge, with my shotgun, peeking out cautiously. I think it’s great that this game can still surprise me after 800 hours or whatever.

Plus I found an Explicit Unkempt Harold :) – I love Wildlife Preservation.

i tend to find it has phases, like there's certain skills that when you unlock them suddenly make the game very easy for a while before the difficulty ramps up again

Soldato
well, got a good chunk of the way through the pre sequel and i see some of the bl2 bugs are still in there.

hit registering, the way everyone runs away during second wind/getting last second kills that play the sound of revival and the animation of dying, not attributing kills correctly and for some reason now there's permanent lightning bolts coming out of enemies and making a racket.

ahhhh borderlands.....

Soldato
Wouldn't be the same without it though, right? :p

Anyone fancy some play tonight? :) Just off for dinner but I'll be back about 8!

i would man, but this german internet is monitored and they go freakin crazy if you upload anything beyond the bare minimum (for some reason they don't care about downloads)

i'd be game when i'm back in the uk though and free of the curse of automated cutoffs

Back
Top Bottom