Borderlands

Caporegime
I was all right with Gaige on playthrough 1 but then I found because her skill didn't have any way of slagging enemies (like Maya or Axton) playthrough 2 was much harder. But I didn't use Anarchy. I got through it but then gave up completely with her on Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. Way too hard.

Soldato
I'm at thevpart where you have to collect the car ornaments for the rather rotund female car mechanic. I've completed the other quests in the area, but now can't progress due to crashing. Not used any exploits either.

Soldato
Couple of things you could check quickly: What is your Physx setting (low would be best to cause fewest problems) and if you use an nvidia card make sure it's set to process Physx on the card and not CPU! :)

Soldato
I was all right with Gaige on playthrough 1 but then I found because her skill didn't have any way of slagging enemies (like Maya or Axton) playthrough 2 was much harder. But I didn't use Anarchy. I got through it but then gave up completely with her on Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. Way too hard.

not using anarchy is where you went wrong there!

it does make fighting flying enemies a pain but who needs the purple elemental damage modifier because apparently **** is censored when you're putting out 700% damage per shot?

Last edited:
Soldato
Still very early in the game so unlikely to be skill tree problems (can cause mathematical problems resulting in a crash!)

I'll have a look around and see if I can't find some answers! :)

Greatly appreciated:) I'm going to try playing with the settings a bit and see what happens.

Soldato
action skill you mean? It's quite easily the 2nd most powerful and tied for first one you hit 31!

left tree and run anything that supports blood bath and you'll slay everything :p
Yes, but it feels so weak (at the start anyway) that I just don't use it. He just seems to run very slightly faster (not fast enough to catch people!) and refills health if he kills someone with melee - but it's not fast enough to catch people so I don't use it!

I am using middle tree but nothing useful in it so far sadly (only around level 15) - I'll try the left tree instead.

Soldato

As for Krieg - keep at him and remember he pretty much flips the game on it's head. In his case you want your shields down, health as high as possible and to time everything carefully!

I will keep at him alright, loving Pandora (and Jack!) too much again. What do you mean about shields down? I want a big shield and shields up normally :) Although, I can't find any good shields yet and having my shields down is definitely not a problem so far (apart from the dying).

Soldato
Take a good look at his skill trees! Feed the meat gives you 50% extra max health and +2.5 seconds to shield recharge. Further down the tree Salt the Wound gives you extra shotgun and melee damage if you take health damage.

Pair that with Release the Beast, Taste of Blood and the Rough Rider and you have a rather scary monster coming at you! :D

Soldato
Take a good look at his skill trees! Feed the meat gives you 50% extra max health and +2.5 seconds to shield recharge. Further down the tree Salt the Wound gives you extra shotgun and melee damage if you take health damage.

Pair that with Release the Beast, Taste of Blood and the Rough Rider and you have a rather scary monster coming at you! :D

OK, I hadn’t looked ahead, I was just going the middle tree for starters but it’s not helping much. I’ll go with the left tree then – I see a lot of them are ‘kill skills’ though, I always avoided these with Axton as my playstyle prefers reliability from the start instead of having to get kills first. Hm, might have been better off going with Maya, still haven’t done her yet, and phaselock sounds great. Decisions…

Either way, it’s good to be back in Pandora, can’t wait to get out of work today – Wildlife Preservation is coming up soon and that’s one of my favourite levels in any game.

Soldato
Couple of things you could check quickly: What is your Physx setting (low would be best to cause fewest problems) and if you use an nvidia card make sure it's set to process Physx on the card and not CPU! :)

Managed to sort it I think*. I dropped the Physx settings down to low as per your suggestion, and it ran faultlessly for the three hours I played:)

Soldato
OK, I hadn’t looked ahead, I was just going the middle tree for starters but it’s not helping much. I’ll go with the left tree then – I see a lot of them are ‘kill skills’ though, I always avoided these with Axton as my playstyle prefers reliability from the start instead of having to get kills first. Hm, might have been better off going with Maya, still haven’t done her yet, and phaselock sounds great. Decisions…

Either way, it’s good to be back in Pandora, can’t wait to get out of work today – Wildlife Preservation is coming up soon and that’s one of my favourite levels in any game.

Killing with Krieg is silly easy - never overlook kill skills! at 15 you should be able to drop a point in Blood Bath and find a Blister mod and the Fastball - CHAOS! :D

Soldato
@tek81 What PC specs are you playing it on? I don't like the idea of having to turn down PhysX on a relatively new system.

I'm using a 980ti, a water cooled AMD 8350 and 16gb of Geil Blackdragon ram. So, not terribly out of date. Strange thing is, I've been playing Metro Last Light which I'd say is more Physx intensive, yet I've had no issues with that at all maxxed out.

Soldato
I wouldn't worry about it too much - the Physx present in BL2 adds little to the gameplay if anything. It has a poor implementation apparently which can hog resources iirc. I have to be careful with my 970GTX due to the 3.5GB VRAM thing :s

Soldato
I bought the GOTY version of Borderlands 2 last week in the Steam sale. Been really enjoying it, up until two days ago when the game started to inexplicably CTD. I've tried verifying files and reinstalling but it's just not having it. 19 hours in as well, so can't even refund. All other games work and no changes have been made software / hardware wise, so I'm damned if I know what's going on.
Bought Borderlands 2 goty edition today and it constantly locked up at various stages in the menu screen. First game I've had that happen with for about a decade. Refunded and all good let's hope bl3 behaves!

Back
Top Bottom