Bought a GTR

Soldato
OP
Sorry for no updates guys!

Been crazy busy with work (Solar PV stuff ;))

Put 1000 miles on it and will be going to get the first service done soon so I can use the R Start :D

I have tested the GoPro but when watching back the video it was so boring just driving around getting stuck behind things that nobody would want to see it.

I also have had a few dreams about owning the GTR, driving it and all the controls being really unresponsive and weird. Pushing the brakes so hard but nothing happens. It was freaky!

As for living with it, I hate parking it, not just the actual parking (the front sticks out way more than you would think) but then leaving it with other cars and people. I worry too much.
Driving it is fantastic, I love going from relaxed relative comfort of auto to wild loud mental jet plane acceleration with the flick of a switch. It makes silly speeds feel safe and slow.

I still need to take some good pictures but every time I think about it the car is filthy, ill see what I can do tomorrow depending on the weather.

Soldato
The first thing my gf said when I told her I would want a GTR if we could afford one and how much it cost was "you want to spend HOW MUCH? on a NISSAN?" lol

Associate
It makes silly speeds feel safe and slow.

I would have thought this would have been its biggest downfall. Do you get much opportunity to really stretch it's legs? Does it feel particularly rewarding to do so?

Are you thinking about any upgrades?

Soldato
OP
I would have thought this would have been its biggest downfall. Do you get much opportunity to really stretch it's legs? Does it feel particularly rewarding to do so?

Are you thinking about any upgrades?

The rush from a first gear roll to whatever I stop at ;) is worth every penny.

It is an overtaking monster and sure I am no Jenson Button (he got his from my relative also) but I still feel like I am getting a good amount out of it around the bends. With the VDC in normal mode you can still get some slip but then it stops you from doing anything stupid which I personally love as I don't want it to loose traction in the first place.
It is really nice driving around knowing there is not much that is faster on the road.

As for upgrades, I think midpipe and cobb tune is as far as I will go, mainly for gearbox rom upgrades and I would like to try boost off the line. Much more power around the roads where I live would be suicide.

Soldato
Only just remembered this thread. And i remembered how much i love the colour. Everyone else seems to have either got black or grey (yawn), with a few getting white. Don't think i've ever seen any other colour. But Daytona Blue looks fantastic.

Associate
Upgrades to a car that hits 60 in 2.7s and 100 in 8.something? :D

You mad!
A lot of GTR owners find the car extremely capable but ultimately the driving experience can be dull, they don't find the car special. They do enjoy the in-gear acceleration and launch but after a while that doesn't feel special any more so they look for more power to make their car special again. This video explains it much better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqxPdK8GrPA#t=33m50s

Soldato
OP
Only just remembered this thread. And i remembered how much i love the colour. Everyone else seems to have either got black or grey (yawn), with a few getting white. Don't think i've ever seen any other colour. But Daytona Blue looks fantastic.

Just for you ;)

I gave it a quick wash with snow foam and a rinse with RO water, no time for two bucket and drying!
So here are some wet pictures with an SLR that I borrowed and have no idea how to use so everything was on Auto :rolleyes:.

Soldato
OP
A lot of GTR owners find the car extremely capable but ultimately the driving experience can be dull, they don't find the car special. They do enjoy the in-gear acceleration and launch but after a while that doesn't feel special any more so they look for more power to make their car special again. This video explains it much better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqxPdK8GrPA#t=33m50s

I think that is really the american market on their big open roads everything feels slow, drive it round some nice country A roads in the UK and the grip you get is insane, the cornering and braking g-force is as fun as the acceleration.

It is a great car for people without high driving ability who need something that feels very exciting and wild under them that will kick your ass if you make a tiny mistake.

Seen what Chris Harris says about it in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8jLbyNloCg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That engine bay is sexual, next only to the Audi RS5 engine bay and below the gorgeous Maserati Granturismo!

There's something about metal and pipe work that looks amazing. Less plastic covers, more pipes and metal!

Soldato
OP
I really like how the engine bay is sealed both top and bottom so air can only get in and out through the vents and ducting. This means on a cold day when the engine is hot the bonnet nostril vents snort hot air like a bull. It looks pretty cool.

As for the lack of gas struts, you can get after market ones but they are slim to fit (look at the lack of space where they would go when closed) so it makes the bonnet a bit wobbly when open.

Back
Top Bottom