Boy removed from school in transgender rights row

Even with No of fingers or other phenotypes an agreed framework would be needed, how much of a stub counts, are 10 stubs to the first knuckle 5 fingers, the beadle is an example!

Frankly a clear determination of how to classify intersex people is not likely widely agreed other than by people peddling your above and clearly flawed myth.
Myth? What myth, exactly? The "myth" of only two sexes or the "myth" of having 5 fingers?

Genuinely intersex people represent the unfortunate reality that things go wrong. People have deformities. People have faulty genes.

That doesn't mean there are more than two sexes. It just means that the process of determining your sex doesn't execute properly in all people.

So what do you do with Caster Semenya, for instance? She's not a woman, she's not a man, she's one of the aforementioned unfortunates.

What she isn't a third sex for our species. She's intersex.

Otherwise you'll need an infinite number of "sexes", just as there are an infinite number of numbers between 0 and 1. Where most males would be near 0 and most females would be near 1, but some unfortunates end up in no-man's land.

Who does it help to have more than two sexes (+"intersex"), btw?

Myth? What myth, exactly? The "myth" of only two sexes or the "myth" of having 5 fingers?

Genuinely intersex people represent the unfortunate reality that things go wrong. People have deformities. People have faulty genes.

That doesn't mean there are more than two sexes. It just means that the process of determining your sex doesn't execute properly in all people.

So what do you do with Caster Semenya, for instance? She's not a woman, she's not a man, she's one of the aforementioned unfortunates.

What she isn't a third sex for our species. She's intersex.

Otherwise you'll need an infinite number of "sexes", just as there are an infinite number of numbers between 0 and 1. Where most males would be near 0 and most females would be near 1, but some unfortunates end up in no-man's land.

Who does it help to have than two sexes (+"intersex"), btw?
I'm not sure people with intersex are less fortunate than people supposedly with brains, that read that nature article and come out with this ****!

I'm not sure people with intersex are less fortunate than people supposedly with brains, that read that nature article and come out with this ****!
Quality rebuttal there. "You're full of ****!" Most convincing.

Having male and female has worked well enough for thousands of years. The fact that we suddenly "need" all these new sexes is just the left's agenda being imprinted onto the scientific world, media, etc.

You're either male, female, or something went tragically wrong with your development.

This posted up on facebook

Any *good* counter arguments which aren't just nit picking at the fine points, but the picture on a whole is accurate

21558759_1009222355882326_5437603534066727250_n.jpg

I wouldn't call it a counter argument, but the age of consent and having a job are plain wrong for the UK and the whole thing has nothing to do with the individuals in this "news story" as far as I know!

Quality rebuttal there. "You're full of ****!" Most convincing.

Having male and female has worked well enough for thousands of years. The fact that we suddenly "need" all these new sexes is just the left's agenda being imprinted onto the scientific world, media, etc.

You're either male, female, or something went tragically wrong with your development.
Rebuttal, you have literally no valid point based in evidence. We just had a published article in nature linked that explained why, instead of using your brain you typified people (one of whom was a 70year old guy with three kids who found out he had a womb) as the unfortunates who's sex didn't execute properly, frankly he probably doesn't give a moneys what morons with finger analogies call him!

There is no moral judgement to be made here (re proper / not proper), this is just observations of nature in virtually all sexually reproducing organisms and a growing understanding of how our sex develops (and apparently continues to after we are born).

Rebuttal, you have literally no valid point based in evidence. We just had a published article in nature linked that explained why, instead of using your brain you typified people (one of whom was a 70year old guy with three kids who found out he had a womb) as the unfortunates who's sex didn't execute properly, frankly he probably doesn't give a moneys what morons with finger analogies call him!

There is no moral judgement to be made here (re proper / not proper), this is just observations of nature in virtually all sexually reproducing organisms and a growing understanding of how our sex develops (and apparently continues to after we are born).
Are you saying that being a man with a womb is therefore a good example of a "new sex" for humankind?

Rather than a deformity? Abnormality? Mutation?

You want that to be a new category of human sex? Madness.

Are you saying that being a man with a womb is therefore a good example of a "new sex" for humankind?

Rather than a deformity? Abnormality? Mutation?

You want that to be a new category of human sex? Madness.
There isn't evidence that this is "New" and I'm sure he couldn't care less if our developing understanding of biology unsettles those who argue from a position of willful ignorance!

There isn't evidence that this is "New" and I'm sure he couldn't care less if our developing understanding of biology unsettles those who argue from a position of willful ignorance!
So one of our "new" sexes (which you say isn't new) is "man with womb".

What others do you want to be their own sex, eh?

We're going to need hundreds of these new-not-new sexes now, aren't we? Things were so simple before...

So one of our "new" sexes (which you say isn't new) is "man with womb".

What others do you want to be their own sex, eh?

We're going to need hundreds of these new-not-new sexes now, aren't we? Things were so simple before...
Yes understanding this "new" phenomena https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphroditus
which makes life so inconvenient for people who want to apply moral "proper" judgement to the universe, damn the also annoyingly complex Heliocentrism, lets all will the sun to revolve around the earth like the god ole days?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heliocentrism

It turns out that life made of billions of cells, evolving throughout billions of years, is not simple to describe with a couple of words, or that the observable solar system isn't a piece of cake either, Who'd a thunked it!

Clearly the "new" bit is the invention of new categories for human sex.

Nobody is saying that being intersex is new.

Before we had male, female, and intersex. Now you want man, female, "man with womb", and a few others.... Because apparently "man with womb" isn't a genetic deformity, it's a valid new sex. Another box to tick to make you special!

Clearly the "new" bit is the invention of new categories for human sex.

Nobody is saying that being intersex is new.

Before we had male, female, and intersex. Now you want man, female, "man with womb", and a few others.... Because apparently "man with womb" isn't a genetic deformity, it's a valid new sex. Another box to tick to make you special!

I haven't seen that argument made on this thread by anyone, other than the person posting rubbish about how many fingers we all have.
There is nothing clear about your position other than it is steeped in wilful ignorance at this point.

Regardless of how you define gender or the number of genders you recognise the parents removing their child from school are still being a bit precious about it.

I haven't seen that argument made on this thread by anyone, other than the person posting rubbish about how many fingers we all have.
There is nothing clear about your position other than it is steeped in wilful ignorance at this point.
No no, you've got me all wrong.

I'm greatly looking forward to this new era, when pre-school kids will have gender reassignment and I'll get to choose between 57 trendy new sexes for my Facebook account.

No no, you've got me all wrong.

I'm greatly looking forward to this new era, when pre-school kids will have gender reassignment and I'll get to choose between 57 trendy new sexes for my Facebook account.

Totally ignores facts whilst making moral judgements about clear evidence of nature whilst throwing around fallacious analogies, look pretty silly, falls back to arguing against points/ideas that no one has made.

A sign of mental illness is said to be, repeating the exact same actions and expecting a different outcome. :)

It's amazing that you've looked at the natural world - and more specifically mammals - and concluded there are clearly more than two sexes at play.

When practically everything in the natural world is either male or female. Even plants :p

You gave "man with womb" as an example of a 3rd sex. Did you not?

I asked what other sexes there might be, you still haven't answered with any more examples. So far then we have male, female, "man with womb". Please let us know some more, I beg you.

Back
Top Bottom