Boy removed from school in transgender rights row

Which one? Genesis 1 just states that God created humans in his own image, both sexes at the same time from nothing. Genesis 2 changes that to Adam being made from dust and Eve being made later from Adam's rib.
You're like me, arguing an irrelevant point for the sake of arguing. We're both in disagreement with someone saying that Eve was cloned from Adam, and the fact that I referred to it as the "creation myth" should already suggest I'm not really interested in taking the account literally.

We're both in disagreement with someone saying that Eve was cloned from Adam, and the fact that I referred to it as the "creation myth" should already suggest I'm not really interested in taking the account literally.

I don't think either of you is taking it literally - though the previous poster you both were referring to didn't mention 'cloned' (I mean if she was created from his rib then 'cloned' is a potential option/not an unreasonable description...) he asked "Wasn't Eve born in a male body?"

I don't think either of you is taking it literally - though the previous poster you both were referring to didn't mention 'cloned' (I mean if she was created from his rib then 'cloned' is a potential option/not an unreasonable description...) he asked "Wasn't Eve born in a male body?"
Someone said cloning, I forget who.

EDIT: h4rm0ny, post 376.

You're like me, arguing an irrelevant point for the sake of arguing. We're both in disagreement with someone saying that Eve was cloned from Adam, and the fact that I referred to it as the "creation myth" should already suggest I'm not really interested in taking the account literally.

You cited the Judeo-Christian creation myth in reply to a post about Eve being born in a male body. I asked which Judeo-Christian creation myth you were referring to. That is not an irrelevant point in that context - since there are two versions of it that differ significantly regarding the creation of Adam and Eve (as well as some other things) the question of which one you meant is relevant to your reference to it regarding the creation of Eve.

One of the two Judeo-Christian creation myths could plausibly be interpreted as Eve being cloned from Adam. Whether or not I believe the myth (which I don't) is irrelevant to the subject of what the myth means. Besides, any mention of cloning is irrelevant to your post that I replied to, since there was no mention of cloning in your post or in the post you were replying to.

Probably would have had a better chance if he had left it at "I apologised, the LGBTX8# student got angry and the school breached my rights" rather go into the whole "I'm a Christian and do not accept them" viewpoint.

Probably would have had a better chance if he had left it at "I apologised, the LGBTX8# student got angry and the school breached my rights" rather go into the whole "I'm a Christian and do not accept them" viewpoint.

His viewpoint was more nuanced than that - he remarks on referring to the child by name rather than something that would require being specific about gender, etc. which IMO is fair enough.

Although I don't completely support his position and in the current environment I doubt he will win but I kind of hope he does because IMO things have gone a bit too far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-42312342

GOOD

ON

HIM

seriously, I hope he wins, someone standing up against this crap.

My guess is that there is a bit more going on than just what the article states. It really only has one side of the story (which is no fault of the BBC as they did ask for comment).

As it is being funded by the Christian Legal Centre, who has of yet haven't won a case, I don't really bet on his chances much...

My guess is that there is a bit more going on than just what the article states. It really only has one side of the story (which is no fault of the BBC as they did ask for comment).

As it is being funded by the Christian Legal Centre, who has of yet haven't won a case, I don't really bet on his chances much...
Heh. I guessed it would be them without even reading the article.

But muh persecutions!!!11 Stfu and go to Iran, see what persecution is like.

Seems odd. If the class was otherwise all girls why was this person in it?

It says "group of girls" rather than class. So it could have been group work which included the transgender student? Or it could have been an all girl set and the transgender student felt more comfortable in it than the all boy set (in which case they have less of a grounds to complain)?

It says "group of girls" rather than class. So it could have been group work which included the transgender student? Or it could have been an all girl set and the transgender student felt more comfortable in it than the all boy set (in which case they have less of a grounds to complain)?
Aye seems odd that this one person was in a group of girls.

What's the deal these days, sex and gender is considered the same thing now then I'm guessing?

Aye seems odd that this one person was in a group of girls.

What's the deal these days, sex and gender is considered the same thing now then I'm guessing?

Most of the time for most people sex and gender is relatively synonymous but that isn't always the case for all students. But then we get in to the argument about how much of gender is cultural and how much biological? If we take gender as mostly cultural it is likely that the vast majority of students don't fit all the criteria for their assumed gender. Schools are odd places at the best of times with the contradictions of treating everyone as an equal and then forcing everyone in to a set uniform (which generally differs by gender), grouping them by age and ability and then expecting them to all do the same things.

I still think there is more going on than is being reported due to who is supporting his case.

Now I'm confused. So this kid is transsexual rather than transgender then?
No, that’s a different issue again. Not everyone who is transgender is transsexual. The child appears to be transgender i.e. they are physically a girl but gender wise, mentally, whatever you call it they are not. I’m not sure how it matters for school, and I’m not sure why the child would have made such a fuss about it, but as RDM has said, the fact that he’s being backed by the Christian Legal Centre - your one stop shop for legal defence of your fringe religious beliefs - suggests there’s more to this than we’re immediately seeing.

Back
Top Bottom