Brexit thread - what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Mr Steel worker was wondering that anyway, since we as a country were unable to do anything to support them due to EU rules

Whereas the UK government will bailout and reinvigorate the steel trade as we return to a manufacturing economy post haste.

Oh, wait.

And tell me, which country in the EU voted against EU protection for the steel industry? I'll give you a clue. Britain.

Caporegime
:confused:

Just because you took care to type everything out properly this time, still doesn't make your post any more intelligible....

If all racists now think that 52% of the cpuntry agree with them that implies all racists voted out (or supported out

Which is very silly as you see there are racists in the UK who dont support leave. There are racists who are racist against the average british person.

LzR

LzR

Associate
This isn;t about being a sore loser, this wasn't a football match, this is about genuine concern for the future, especially if you are at the receiving end of racial abuse that currently no one seems to have the appetite to shut down.
I don't think that anyone is saying that you are not concerned for your future, of course you are. At the moment the shear uncertainty is making that feeling worse, with time and progress that should hopefully dissipate.

As for the racial hate/abuse that's going on yes, someone really needs to do something about it. But, what?

Caporegime
Whereas the UK government will bailout and reinvigorate the steel trade as we return to a manufacturing economy post haste.

Oh, wait.

And tell me, which country in the EU voted against EU protection for the steel industry? I'll give you a clue. Britain.

Whoch iirc it did because they felt the protection was not enough and the only way to try and increase it was to vote no and wait for a new deal to be wheeled our for them to vote on

Soldato
I can accept defeat, but the fall out that comes with it I cannot. The fact that people are insinuating that the racial abuse coming on to some of us is a story, the fact that there is, nor ever was a plan for moving forward and that people still think we will have some miracle deal with the EU without any of the stuff they hated like free movement and immigration.

Untill the next PM of this country or DC himself actually presses the button on article 50 this is still not technically over.

This isn;t about being a sore loser, this wasn't a football match, this is about genuine concern for the future, especially if you are at the receiving end of racial abuse that currently no one seems to have the appetite to shut down.

You're understandibly mad that a crime has been committed against you, but that's just what it is, a crime. There are laws in place to protect you and punish people who behave that way. We haven't allowed those crimes as a country in the same way we don't allow people to commit any other crimes. Just because people have committed crimes in the name of one side it isn't going to stop a Democratic process from being seen through.

Caporegime
Whoch iirc it did because they felt the protection was not enough and the only way to try and increase it was to vote no and wait for a new deal to be wheeled our for them to vote on

Thats certainly not how the head of UK steel tells it. At every turn, the UK government has resisted higher tariffs. Why? Well most likely because of our recent decision to cosy up to everything Chinese.

Soldato
personally I would love to see the government go `**** it - article 50 , no negotiations , its WTO for us` - Germany and france would go into meltdown - would be a laugh to see..... in a sadistic , country falls apart way

given the interlinked world we live in

So you would screw the country for a spiteful laugh?

Soldato
That's true for steel, but there is a silver lining for the manufacturing industry in all of this.

Perhaps less lemons should be consumed by yourself?

yes that glorious manufacturing industry that successive governments have crippled / sold off or shut down in favour of a more service based industry that only really works if there is free movement and free access to the single market. Yes I see that silver lining....................... and of course in the sapce of 2 years we will full regenerate our glorious Birtish heavy industry and manufacturing to the point where no one will know that we ever left the EU because we will be supplying the world with everything they need.

Caporegime
My wife received her first bout of racist abuse today after being born in this country 32 years ago as she was speaking Italian to a friend, assume this is just a coincidence? :rolleyes:

Not really. Look at that table fo 12 people out celebrating the Leave victory and demanded that werent served by an Italian waiter.

Or the Lithuania scientist working here talking on her mobile to her mother and when she came off the phone, got told to go home and pack her bags cause she's leaving.

Caporegime
yes that glorious manufacturing industry that successive governments have crippled / sold off or shut down in favour of a more service based industry that only really works if there is free movement and free access to the single market. Yes I see that silver lining....................... and of course in the sapce of 2 years we will full regenerate our glorious Birtish heavy industry and manufacturing to the point where no one will know that we ever left the EU because we will be supplying the world with everything they need.

Wait so why has our service trade with the rest of rhe world been increasing and outbservice trade with the eu decreasing.

If it relies on Freemovment

Soldato
I can accept defeat, but the fall out that comes with it I cannot. The fact that people are insinuating that the racial abuse coming on to some of us is a story, the fact that there is, nor ever was a plan for moving forward and that people still think we will have some miracle deal with the EU without any of the stuff they hated like free movement and immigration.

Untill the next PM of this country or DC himself actually presses the button on article 50 this is still not technically over.

But the issue of us leaving should be settled for all: we had a vote and a decision was made. Another referendum on the same issue would be hugely damaging to the future of our democracy.

The Leave campaign couldn't put forward a plan because they were not the government and had no reason to believe they would be, but I question what sort of plan we actually need anyway?

Our plan is to negotiate a deal with the EU and what exactly that will entail will depend upon what the EU has to say. Once things start to fall in place on that front we'll doubtless begin working with our other major trade partners to arrange deals with them.

What more do you need to know?

Caporegime
Not really. Look at that table fo 12 people out celebrating the Leave victory and demanded that werent served by an Italian waiter.

Or the Lithuania scientist working here talking on her mobile to her mother and when she came off the phone, got told to go home and pack her bags cause she's leaving.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom