Brexit thread - what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Why because you think there will never ever be another downturn?

This only the beginning at least one more euro country will follow :)

There may be another down turn but this one is done by nothing but some votes...like one of yours.

Pardon me for feeling this seems to be an act of stupidity. (Both for having this up for vote and for the voting itself)

Go asked anyone else in the whole planet, watch any foreign news media and they think we were insane to even think about leaving and we've only gone and done it.

Soldato
Stocks down, pension down, pounds down, credit rating down.

I'm normally quite an optimistic person but somebody please show me the positive in all this?
We've taken back control, Raymond! Isn't it great. :cool:

This is an unmitigated disaster - wholly avoidable, at many stages.

edit, England is 2-1 down to Iceland. ICELAND!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Both the England match and the over the top crying in this thread is too much, I'm not sure which is more amusing.

What's funnier is that if Brexit does turn out to be positive in the long term, these guys moaning still wouldn't own up to it and will instead bleat on about how much better off we would have been

Permabanned
Just to put things in perspective for leave campaigners too

UK credit rating down. Cost of UK debt up. 0.5% on £470 bn debt = £22 Bn. The £350 million pound farage promised you each week is gone.

Soldato
Looking on the daily mail, readers are angry at david cameron for not having a plan.
Whilst I somewhat agree, this is something I would have asked the leave campaign before. I would have asked - how are we going to spend that £350 million when the economy takes a hit. How are we going to afford much when our credit rating takes a hit. How are we going to help those deprived areas of the uk when we are bailing out our economy.

Why have none of the leave voters asked this questions to there campaign leaders??!

Tbf, the act that enabled the referendum to take place should've specified this as a requirement before proceeding to the campaign proper. Didn't the SNP have a large document for theirs? Something like that. That Flexcit rubbish simply won't do. It's like those amateur business plans, backed by media links, that get torn up to shreds on the Apprentice. :)

Soldato
Why because you think there will never ever be another downturn?

This only the beginning at least one more euro country will follow :)

Yes, with the way things are looking it could be france or italy. More likely italy. And if one of those two left it would put a huge dent in the EU's budget and bargaining power.

Associate
Stocks down, pension down, pounds down, credit rating down.

I'm normally quite an optimistic person but somebody please show me the positive in all this?

You can say sovereignty but I never feel repressed before all this, never felt any pressure from Europe nor had my freedom infringed for being in the EU. Seriously what is the point?

Some people may have precious metals they may convert to £ when the £ tanks some more. Then buy a house, rent it to immigrants... when we rejoin the EU ;)

Worse than that, I was quite happy to be English before all this, now I'm ashamed. So **** the sovereignty.

How many brexiters does it take to change a lighbulb?

Woah woah woah - I never said there was a lightbulb.

Looking on the daily mail, readers are angry at david cameron for not having a plan.
Whilst I somewhat agree, this is something I would have asked the leave campaign before. I would have asked - how are we going to spend that £350 million when the economy takes a hit. How are we going to afford much when our credit rating takes a hit. How are we going to help those deprived areas of the uk when we are bailing out our economy.

Why have none of the leave voters asked this questions to there campaign leaders??!

This isn't new information. We've know this for a while.

The leave campaign had bullet points for a plan.

You can see how 'informed' the voters really were.

Caporegime
Both the England match and the over the top crying in this thread is too much, I'm not sure which is more amusing.

What's funnier is that if Brexit does turn out to be positive in the long term, these guys moaning still wouldn't own up to it and will instead bleat on about how much better off we would have been

What's long term?

Soldato
Those that voted leave didn't vote for a delay in getting a conservative into the position of leader and prime minister. Everyone knew it was likely to be a fairly close result from the polls so it seems remiss of the government not to have been better prepared with a plan b.

Soldato
Italy really? They are financially up **** creek without a paddle.

And they are in that situation becasue of being in the EU and having taken the EURO, they can't adjust their currency to help their economy. which is another major reason why they would want to leave. As getting back the lira is something they can't do now that they are part of the european economic zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom