British Superyacht sinks off Siciliy

I wonder how feasible it is that this was the work of a submarine drone with electronic warfare equipment onboard?

I think the real reality is that a super rich person went against the views of the Captain and told him to crack on because he knows best or the pressure was there and the Captain made a vital mistake to continue. Pretty much the same as Kobe Bryant, Colin McCrae and all those kind of deaths.

I guess Autonomy had a good sales team their V autonomy product IDOL
it sounds like microsft AI copilot with all it's hype, and accolades from partial companies
There's a lot of mysticism shrouding Autonomy's mega-search offering, "IDOL." Not in the least bit because every piece of software that is acquired by the vendor is either "plugged into," "powered by," or "integrated with" IDOL. Supposedly, it's both a server, a product -- and a platform. And it's pretty clear the company tries very hard to sell it to you, whether you're looking for enterprise search or not. But what actually is it?

What I like about this description is that it brings IDOL down to its essence: it's a search index, that lives on your server as an executable. When something's plugged into IDOL, powered by IDOL, or integrated with IDOL, this really means you'll have the IDOL, DIH, and DAH executables running alongside the other software. Operating these is hard-core "command-line cowboy" kind of stuff.

Now, there are plenty such cowboys around, and they're perfectly happy with the software. But unfortunately, quite a few of Autonomy's other customers weren't quite prepared for it, and ended up unhappy with what they bought. Of course, it's tempting to blame the vendor's marketing and salesforce for this; but that's a bit like accusing a tiger of hunting deer. You can't really blame them for trying.

can relate to the runner being hit, local to me - older motorists who should have gone to spec-savers or put her phone down - who scrape by even out walking.

I think the real reality is that a super rich person went against the views of the Captain and told him to crack on because he knows best or the pressure was there and the Captain made a vital mistake to continue. Pretty much the same as Kobe Bryant, Colin McCrae and all those kind of deaths.
They weren't going anywhere it was moored outside the harbour (standard practice they won't let them in) and a freak storm hit around 4.a.m.

Coincidental rather than conspiracy.

Come on get with the narrative its clearly the CIA/Aliens.

R.I.P. to all concerned.

He was found innocent, but I guess you have more info than the courts do?

However...

The company's chief financial officer, Sushovan Hussain, was found guilty of fraud in 2018 and later sentenced to five years in prison.

Which led to: https://www.frc.org.uk/news-and-eve...sain-in-relation-to-autonomy-corporation-plc/

Highly speculative obviously and I admit I have not fully read the case files to see how guilty the dude was, but you can't help but think that regardless of whether Sushovan was guilty or stitched up he might be just a little aggrieved considering the others walked scott free.

maybe a black box useful if it has a high sampling rate

Voyage Data Recorder or VDR are considered to be the black box for ships. International Maritime Organisation defines VDR as a complete system that includes an input interface, processing and encoding, final recording medium, the playback equipment, the power supply and dedicated power reserve. According to SOLAS regulation, any passenger vessel or any other ship above 3000gt needs VDR as a compulsory installation. A Voyage Data Recorder is used for reconstruction of the voyage details and vital information during an accident investigation.

VDR is largely a two-part system consisting of a data collecting unit and a storage unit that stores the collected data. The main component is placed inside the ship and is connected to a high capacity memory block inside a capsule. The capsule is designed to withstand fire, deep-sea pressure, shock and penetration.

The memory block can record 12 hours of onboard data that includes date and time, ship position, speed, heading, bridge audio, VHF communication data, radar information, depth under keel, rudder angle, engine order, hull opening status, watertight and fire doors status, stress monitoring and wind speed and direction. This information is collected during any safety investigation to identify the cause of the incident. Apart from accident investigation, data can be used to take preventive measures, enhance performance and improve the safety of the vessel in a cost-effective way. The data records covering the last 12 hours are continuously overwritten by the latest data. The International Maritime Organisation approved the mandatory requirement for the S-VDR system at MSC 79.

Black box voice recording:
“Captain: Hey Mick, I’d swear that’s a Predator drone circling us, it’s even got CIA written on the side”
“Mick: Lets hope it’s running HP software”
Boom

Back
Top Bottom