British Superyacht sinks off Siciliy

isn't that because they all take a plea deal, as typically don't have money to fight the case either ..
they replayed an interview with him on r4 last night and he said you sell your house and that's gone in a couple of weeks, and he was going to become an evangelist for UK not being so weak at just extraditing it's citizens,
the price of our one sided special relationship
US federal prosecutions IIRC tend to go ahead when they've got an extremely solid case, so a high guilty rate (especially plea deal) is fairly normal

US federal prosecutions IIRC tend to go ahead when they've got an extremely solid case, so a high guilty rate (especially plea deal) is fairly normal

I'm not 100% sure on that... Apparently a lot of people plea deal, even if they are innocent, as they just can't afford a defence. AFAIK they dont have legal aid over in the US.

Last edited:
Why does it even matter if a jury found him not guilty?

If someone with means feels like they've been made a fool of by him a Jury won't get in their way. Though ignoring the conspiracy angle maybe it was just a strange accident that became more likely to occur because he felt overconfident enough to ignore crew/port authorities about conditions at sea.

Last edited:
Coincidental rather than conspiracy.

I dunno, middle aged women on HRT are like Honey Badgers when provoked, have you not been to an M&S Foodhall? They’re like the perfect manifestation of wrath incarnate, totally devoid of mercy and utterly relentless so I’d imagine they’d make excellent deep cover assassins like the Treadstone operatives from The Bourne Identity. I guess they’d use a Cher song or something to activate them.

Last edited:
So Mike Lynch gets off with a billion dollar fraud case and his partner in crime is them killed by a car and dies .

Then Lynchs yacht sinks along with his family and the chairman of Morgan Stanley johnathon Bloomer are still missing now presumed dead .

OK is it me or are life's coincidences a bit freaky . Yachts don't sink in the Mediterranean, it's a paddling pool compared to the Oceans

Sorry I smell a rat - a dirty one !

Or him and Maxwell are now on some remote Island controlling the world !

Last edited:
So Mike Lynch gets off with a billion dollar fraud case and his partner in crime is them killed by a car and dies .

Then Lynchs yacht sinks along with his family and the chairman of Morgan Stanley johnathon Bloomer are still missing now presumed dead .

OK is it me or are life's coincidences a bit freaky . Yachts don't sink in the Mediterranean, it's a paddling pool compared to the Oceans

Sorry I smell a rat - a dirty one !

Or him and Maxwell are now on some remote Island controlling the world !

Most people survived the yacht incident so there will be lots of people able to confirm if there was a storm or not

Back
Top Bottom